80, I'm delusional
34%

Total votes: 653

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Boogie: The Fats of our Lives

Post by Poonoo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:37 am

thnikkaman wrote:
Kugelfisch wrote:Worst Bay Area Metal band for sure. And I'm including Hair Metal. Their glory days have long since passed.
Relevant:
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/M ... aBoris/147

Warning: it is lengthy, but a brilliant deconstruction of the band.
Did Razorfist write this? Because fuck me it reeks of contrarianism, the guys mentality seems to be that everything should be fast and dumb for the sake of it. That's fine sometimes, but he is exaggerating and sounds like a raging butthurt Megadeth fanboy. He just wants everything to be fast for the sake of fast, you can tell by the way he shits all over The Thing That Should Not Be. I didn't think much of the song when I was 18, but now that I'm older I appreciate it's fucking atmosphere. It sounds like Cthulu has awakened and is smashing shit, and the guitar solo is weird as shit (probably written by Burton) and sounds like an animal screaming more than a melody.

But when you are 16 and full of test you just want something aggro and fast. That's fine if you like it and prefer faster and heavy shit like Kugel does, but when you proclaim that it caused the downfall of metal you comes across as a pretentious twat. All he did was exaggerate the point that the band wasn't as aggressive and energetic as they were on Ride the Lightening (which is why I prefer that album) to the point of insanity.

Had to rant about this since I have seen this kind of metal elitist horseshit before. In 2005/2006 there was a Myspace metal group I lurked that I saw slowly go more up it's own ass as I looked at it. It started with the standard "Metallica's first 4 albums were good" but in a year they were so fucking contrarian that they all suddenly changed their opinions to "Metallica were never good" and "Show no Mercy is better than Reign In Blood". The odd person having a differing view is one thing, but when I see these cunts suddenly chant this shit en mass I KNOW these cunts are lying through their teeth. And that review was no different, he acts like he wants metal be be like what Kugel likes and shits on prog rock, but then in the next breath he says he likes the song Stargazer? Have you heard that fucking song? Your telling me that guitar solo and the symphonic shit in the background is fast and heavy shit? Fuck right off cunt.

If any band can be blamed for modern metal being shit it's Pantera. Cowboys From Hell is a great album but on Vulgar the modern metal cancer started rearing it's ugly head. That posturing, overcompensating tough guy bullshit and the low, slow downtuned sound that tries to be heavy started there and got worse with every album they did. And many modern bands copied that shit, at least outside of mainland Europe and nothing has changed since. It is why European metal festivals are superior in every way, Pantera didn't completely fuck up their scene with pseudo-alpha retards.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:38 pm

thnikkaman wrote:Have ads ever been effective? "Oh hey I'm gonna go buy Tide when I finish fapping it to Baywatch," said no one ever.
That's not how advertising works. You obviously have various different ways how to advertise, each with a different efficiency and difficulty to set up - for example, word of mouth can be the most efficient way to sell your product, but it's also the most difficult to set up and completely unpredictable.

In television, you don't have any means to instantly measure how effective an ad is, however there are various ways to measure how succesful an ad is compared to previous ones etc. A lot of the marketing power is indirect, like when the customer is facing a choice between the advertised brands and others he hasn't heard about. It's lot more complex than that, but the basic is that only a small portion of people choose to be completely indifferent to any ads, most of the normal people are influenced by them to some extend.

This is nothing like making few banners for adwords though, you can make a great campaign with really catching ads, or screw it up and shit out something so poorly planned that not even Danes who visit Kugel's shop will buy it. There is a lot of research going on and a advertisers give out massive amounts of cash. If there was something more effective, they would put money into that.

// Also I'm pretty sure no advertiser appreciates the possibility to either skip ads on youtube after 5 seconds (when using the app, but they are more expensive adds that can't be skipped), or block them completely. I suspect that's one of the main reasons why TV ad's hasn't been affected so much, because even though you can switch to another channel, you just can't skip the message.
And everyone says "fuck youtube" like the typical bandwagon bullshit and saying they are going to have to find real jobs now.
I really want to see this and hear how many of them can survive the clash with actual normal lifestyle again.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:24 pm

That's the thing, Sick Fuck. I don't even have to see the name of their company. I don't even have to take the effort to skip!

Sure, IF I'm on a device where I can't enable adblock, then I do have to manually skip the ad or go to another tab or something. Oh my, what a herculean effort! As opposed to TV, where you always have to kinda watch to see when your program is coming back. Even muted, they get their brand names and logos into your brain.

But with the internet, I can enable adblock and not even know what I'm blocking. It's indiscriminate. There's no chance of their shitty brand even touching my brain.

Then you have to consider markets. YouTube has a large audience, but what about demographics? And again, each individual youtuber, unless they're PDP, isn't really giving a huge amount of exposure to your product. A lot of accounts get views per video which are a mere fraction of their subscriber counts. I'd say most do. Someone like DSP is a fraction of his sub count, and the amount of his stable viewership that watch the ads is probably a fraction of that fraction.

Adblock is quick and painless and runs in the background. Once installed, it takes a special effort to re-enable ads, and who would want to do that? :D

Sure, some ads on youtube can't be skipped on a device without adblock, but if I get pissed off enough, I usually quit out of the video. I'm not sitting through a 30-second ad so I can watch a four-minute video. I'm sure YouTube will keep pushing the envelope on unskippable ads though, since even 30 seconds unskippable "seems" better than what TV does. I say "seems" because the math doesn't add up on those shorter videos that have 30-second ads in front of them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:35 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
thnikkaman wrote:
Kugelfisch wrote:Worst Bay Area Metal band for sure. And I'm including Hair Metal. Their glory days have long since passed.
Relevant:
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/M ... aBoris/147

Warning: it is lengthy, but a brilliant deconstruction of the band.
I'd also like to point out that Ulrich is a Dane. Coincidence? I think not.
Metal sperging ahead:
SpoilerShow
I remember very well what brought me to metal. In my teenage years Limp Bizkit, Korn, Rage against the Machine and such were popular. I was fine with those bands. It was silly, angry music for silly, angry teenagers, which we were. But that wasn't exactly (or at all) Metal.

While going to some party a friend reached me his walkman and told me to "check this shit out". Painkiller by Judas Priest. Heavy, fast, ridiculous! I liked it MUCH better than Metallica, which another friend was a massive fanboy of. Painkiller was too crazy for both of them.
So he, who was mostly into Van Halen (fucking trash to me) and AC/DC (alright) told me I'd likely even like Slayer if I liked Painkiller.
From the very moment I heard Reign in Blood I was a total metalhead. It's one of the few albums I'd call perfect.

It's a shame that I didn't have any internet and all my friends were into soft shit. Same guys and that dumb bassist I mentioned were the ones talking me into going to that Dream Theatre concert. Worst fucking shit I've ever heard and attended to. They say sucking your own dick isn't gay but Progressive Metal is the proof to the contrary.
TL;DR: Had only friends into shit like Metallica as the hardest Metal they liked, would've loved to know about actual Thrash Metal way earlier.
For some more off-topic Metallica bashing:
https://greylining.com/2012/10/15/have- ... ss-ulrich/

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:05 am

Shit head Lars is only cool with it now because things like iTunes and spotify exist, he and his band were on the charge back then with napster only proving how corporate they were.

If paid music wasn't a thing he would still be pissed about it, it's like the internet nobodies of music.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:47 pm

What kind of music is Boogie into?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:53 pm

The sounds of lips smacking on a big mac. Also known as "cheeseburger ASMR."
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Proboards Support

Post by Proboards Support » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:36 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:What kind of music is Boogie into?
I picture him listening to commercial jingles from Fast Food, Cereal, and other such snacks.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Here is even more hillarious video from our favourite jew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ489KjPqlc

I don't have that guy, unlike booger he makes content that doesn't make me feel like I'm going to vomit, but the frustration pouring from that video is hillarious.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:39 am

I love how they always bring up "the little guy" getting screwed over when their own adbucks get cut. It's a half-assed attempt at being sympathetic when they all are looking out for number one.