17%
80, I'm delusional
34%

Total votes: 653

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Boogie: The Fats of our Lives

Post by mad bum » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:27 am

Ethan has piggybacked off jon and done nothing but with other big YouTubers, he has no care in the world for the small channel, the guy can make anything for 2 mil views to supplement any lost income.

Don't trust a jew with losing money.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:12 am

Osterzone wrote:I love how they always bring up "the little guy" getting screwed over when their own adbucks get cut. It's a half-assed attempt at being sympathetic when they all are looking out for number one.
Sad thing is, if any of those shills managed to man up and tell it straight, they would probably be worse off, because their cluelessd audience would take it as a betrayal, since they usually don't care about themselves at all, being such upstanding guys etc. - just look at Booger, saving lives all day, he doesn't have time for himself and so must overeat himself to death, but that's ok, because he chose to be the hero we deserve.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Poonoo wrote:
thnikkaman wrote:
Kugelfisch wrote:Worst Bay Area Metal band for sure. And I'm including Hair Metal. Their glory days have long since passed.
Relevant:
http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/M ... aBoris/147

Warning: it is lengthy, but a brilliant deconstruction of the band.
Did Razorfist write this? Because fuck me it reeks of contrarianism, the guys mentality seems to be that everything should be fast and dumb for the sake of it. That's fine sometimes, but he is exaggerating and sounds like a raging butthurt Megadeth fanboy. He just wants everything to be fast for the sake of fast, you can tell by the way he shits all over The Thing That Should Not Be. I didn't think much of the song when I was 18, but now that I'm older I appreciate it's fucking atmosphere. It sounds like Cthulu has awakened and is smashing shit, and the guitar solo is weird as shit (probably written by Burton) and sounds like an animal screaming more than a melody.

But when you are 16 and full of test you just want something aggro and fast. That's fine if you like it and prefer faster and heavy shit like Kugel does, but when you proclaim that it caused the downfall of metal you comes across as a pretentious twat. All he did was exaggerate the point that the band wasn't as aggressive and energetic as they were on Ride the Lightening (which is why I prefer that album) to the point of insanity.

Had to rant about this since I have seen this kind of metal elitist horseshit before. In 2005/2006 there was a Myspace metal group I lurked that I saw slowly go more up it's own ass as I looked at it. It started with the standard "Metallica's first 4 albums were good" but in a year they were so fucking contrarian that they all suddenly changed their opinions to "Metallica were never good" and "Show no Mercy is better than Reign In Blood". The odd person having a differing view is one thing, but when I see these cunts suddenly chant this shit en mass I KNOW these cunts are lying through their teeth. And that review was no different, he acts like he wants metal be be like what Kugel likes and shits on prog rock, but then in the next breath he says he likes the song Stargazer? Have you heard that fucking song? Your telling me that guitar solo and the symphonic shit in the background is fast and heavy shit? Fuck right off cunt.

If any band can be blamed for modern metal being shit it's Pantera. Cowboys From Hell is a great album but on Vulgar the modern metal cancer started rearing it's ugly head. That posturing, overcompensating tough guy bullshit and the low, slow downtuned sound that tries to be heavy started there and got worse with every album they did. And many modern bands copied that shit, at least outside of mainland Europe and nothing has changed since. It is why European metal festivals are superior in every way, Pantera didn't completely fuck up their scene with pseudo-alpha retards.
I like Show No Mercy better than Reign In Blood. :oops:

I have no clue how I didn't see this the first time.

Anyways, Razorfist wishes he had the intellect to write something like that. I do agree that Pantera is more responsible for the pussification of metal than Metallica, and I also don't really don't agree with him on The Thing That Should Not Be* (or the title track for that matter), but like I said, it's more of a deconstruction of the band itself than anything. Orion definitely seems to be a bit more responsible for Opeth and In Flames IMO. I do think you're misinterpreting it some places. He didn't say all of metal needs to sound like fast and heavy, mostly thrash, and honestly, it kind of should. Subtlety and what not is fine but it needs to be handled very carefully. Dave Mustaine was a master at it before he was bitten by the Black Album bug, and even then I always thought he made a transition to writing hard rock songs way more naturally than Metallica did. But in any case, Ultraboris says that metal needs to have some kind of power and strength behind. In regards to Stargazer, he was referring to the dynamics of a song starting off song than building to a crescendo being perfected way before Fade To Black (though I wouldn't really classify that song as following that formula). and lets not BS each other here, Orion kind of is a snore fest compared to Stargazer. Comparing most things to Ronnie James Dio's finest vocal and Ritchie Blackmore's finest guitar solo is a bit of an unfair curb-stomping. But really, what did Sanitarium add to that formula that that and previous examples listed didn't?

To think I was just coming in here to say Metallica fanboys are like Spoony fanboys. :lol:

* I always loved TTTSNB even as a kid and I never thought of it as Cthulu stomping around before. Good eye, there. Not sure where Boris got the idea of the song being groovy. If anything that's the most anti-groove song they ever did.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:56 pm

So this is supposed to be a fan art, you know, a positive thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/boogie2988/com ... e_fan_art/

I don't know what that is and in what mental state do you have to be to share that with public.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:07 pm

I would be a bit concerned if my "fans" were to start making drawings of my decapitated, boiled(?) head.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:12 pm

If anything, it reminds me more of a Lordfat than Booger, because he had this thing with strawberries, and that thing is red. It could also be a yeti, or just a highly pretentious art piece.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:This is nothing like making few banners for adwords though, you can make a great campaign with really catching ads, or screw it up and shit out something so poorly planned that not even Danes who visit Kugel's shop will buy it. There is a lot of research going on and a advertisers give out massive amounts of cash. If there was something more effective, they would put money into that.
There is and they do. Shelf space and a hard focus on presentation in the store, especially when it comes to irregular placements.
Put a display of something, doesn't matter what it is, right in front of the register. It will be bought if it has a price below 5 bucks. Guaranteed!
Also, displays in an open area. Those places are more or less bought.

Example: We have an area in front of the registers where you can place around five euro palettes. A sales display is usually a quarter of it in size. You usually group them together in blocks. Right now it's mostly easter sweets and it's mostly sweets all year round, too.

Ferrero pissed me off a bit. Profit margins are laughable and their fuck only comes around to sell you shit. Something gone bad? Your problem. I don't really fancy sacrificing all that space for something with a 3% margin with crap service. So, Ferrero is gone from there. I only have the bare minimum of shelf space that I need for them, simply because people request their stuff, but that's it.

Mars has MUCH better profit margins. Currently, they want to enforce M&M's on the market. Above 28% profit even on sale, 40%+ on regular price. Something gone bad? They exchange it plus something on top. The Mars fuck comes around to do minor maintenance, not only when he's got something to sell me. I get decorations for free for as long as I want.

End result: No special Ferrero placements, lots of special Mars placements. I'd sell both just as easily in the same location.
Customers don't care about any of that. The only thing they notice is that there's a roadblock of wares they don't need but will want if they run into it. And that's just what advertizing is. You want people to be aware of your shit. People like stuff easy. Make them run into your product in the store and make sure they know what it is when they run into it because they've seen it on TV/YT/FB whatever.

There is no reason for a discounter like Aldi to exist. They don't carry anything special and they aren't any cheaper than any other store. Hell, every store adjusts their cheap brand's price to match them.
But people go there because it's easy. You're in front of the cereals and no matter what you pick, it's going to be the cheap option and there aren't many choices in the first place. It's easy!
So when they are in front of my cereal shelf most go the easy route as well. They just pick what they know or recently heard of. So either a brand they perceive as absolutely solid and reliable, like Kellogg's Cornflakes, or they'll just try that new stuff they've seen their aunt like on Facebook.

That's my take on ads at least.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Or to paraphrase Mr. Plinkett: "You might not have fallen for ads - but your brain did."
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Ads work a lot better when I can't click a button to make them all invisible. :D

If people in Kugel's store could do that (no doubt he's heard of "shop the edges" and other advice shoppers use to avoid ads, but they still have to look at the products) then I think the dynamic changes a bit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:33 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:Or to paraphrase Mr. Plinkett: "You might not have fallen for ads - but your brain did."
And maybe you did notice but just didn't give a fuck. You hate ads, you defy them, you go out of your way to wander around in a store and get what you need, pay and out - but you'll be fucked it those pretzels didn't look amazing in the ad, look great in the store and you wouldn't get them.
Because you'd be beyond spastic if you'd actively avoid something you know you may like, just because where you first heard about it was in an ad.
And you wouldn't have had this inner conflict about any of this at all, if there hadn't been an ad for it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!