Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Black Phillip

Re: Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Post by Black Phillip » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:44 pm

I had to stop at the 50 minute mark because of the aforementioned boredom. I'm sitting here waiting for the story to get going, and wondering how much time was left in the movie. There's about 30 minutes left, and I'm still waiting for any semblance of a story to begin. That and...is this supposed to be a comedy or not? I'm seriously asking because I have not laughed once. Not even a slight giggle. Maybe all of this has to do with my never-having-seen the type of film it's allegedly a parody of. Holy shit, though...this is fucking awful all around.

I used to think Brad's writing was ok-to-decent, and figured he would improve over time. But no, he has gotten exponentially worse. And I know he thinks he's hot shit at writing...just look at the summary of the film where it says "from director Ryan Mitchell or however you spell his name, and writer Brad Jones." Nobody ever, ever advertises the writer in a film summary. I suppose Max Landis is an exception to that. But he's another one who thinks he's hot shit.
To paraphrase something Brad once said about the guy who wrote Boondock Saints..."I can just picture Brad jerking himself off as he's writing this script, thinking that he's so witty and so talented."

Black Phillip

Post by Black Phillip » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:50 pm

I would argue that Linkara's movie, which I previously said was the absolute worst thing to have been produced by a CA person, is a better film because at least it had some sort of a story. A ridiculous story, but it was still a story. Jesus, Bro is just stuff that happens with no meaning, no conflict, nothing at stake, no character development. The technical aspect of Jesus, Bro isn't bad at least, except they still have no fucking clue how to get decent sounding audio.

I really don't even think this "movie" is worth the time for a DHI watch. There's nothing to comment on at all.

London Has Fallen

Post by London Has Fallen » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Why is everybody in this film ugly, fat or balding, or all three of the above?

And, man, is Brad a horrific actor...

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Well, it's 80 minutes. We could find something to watch after that. But don't kid yourselves, there will be enough to bitch about. The chat will be full with people so it won't get too boring even if the movie is. I wasn't expecting anything good anyway.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:46 pm

When's the livestream? I'll go in blindly, no need to subject myself to this alone.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Black Phillip

Post by Black Phillip » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:58 pm

London Has Fallen wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:53 pm
And, man, is Brad a horrific actor...
I used to think he was ok, and maybe even... almost good?
But christ was I wrong. I know a lot of people shared that same opinion, so I'm guessing that the anniversary specials and being around so many others who are even worse than he is gave us that illusion.

Black Phillip

Post by Black Phillip » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:01 pm
Well, it's 80 minutes. We could find something to watch after that. But don't kid yourselves, there will be enough to bitch about. The chat will be full with people so it won't get too boring even if the movie is. I wasn't expecting anything good anyway.
My expectations were quite low as well. Mostly because of the subject matter, and how lame and useless Brad's crusade against religious films meant for a very niche demographic is. (I could go on and on about that). I had some hope, though. I've been trying to convince myself that he was still Based Brad, and that he could put together at least a decent script. I'll even admit to liking The Cinema Snob Movie, and not just because of Jillian's tits.
But no... This failed to meet even my lowest of expectations. And due to his recent pussy attitude when dealing with YouTube commenters (i.e. Actual Lee and Toby Fair and the subtle digs at said commenters in this film), I'm beginning to wonder if Based Brad existed at all.

All of this is coming from someone who loved a lot of Brad's material, btw.

I hope you're right about the DHI stream. I'm sure you are. I have faith. Sadly, I've never made it to one. I really wanted to be in the one for Linkara's movie, but managed to miss out on that one, too.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:45 pm

We have a lot of lurkers. For the Linkara stream there were quite a few lurkers in the chat.
Brad was fairly reasonable at some point. Ever since that backwards baseball cap thing started he's been nothing but a bitch. But he never was a good actor or director in any way. His previous movies are a step down from B-movies from what I've seen. I had a suspicion that Jesus, Bro! wouldn't be any better and boring on top.

As for when we stream the shit, last time tictac organized it. I guess we'll do it on a weekend soon enough. For a time expect something like 2100 UTC.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:23 pm

I tapped out right when the strawman atheist started talking. Fucking hell, Brad Jones can't write for shit.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:48 pm

The streaming service I used last time has gone bust, so we'll need to find another one.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome