Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:47 am

There is a real thrill in getting your friends together and putting on a show. But as you get older, your friends have less and less enthusiasm and free time. I had a great stable of friends/actors, but people grow up, get married and move away.

I can see why Brad likes doing things this way. He's sort of extended his adolescence. But people really should improve their craft. Listen to people's suggestions. Brad always gets really defensive when people ask him to stop shooting his vids on 480i potatoes.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:05 am

It's funny and ironic if he films his stuff in shit quality. He and his friends could totally do better.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:42 am

Sad thing is, you're not that far off. He and Dave have mentioned a few times they believe they could do a much better job than most Hollywood flicks, but have yet to make any effort towards that. The guy is still filming his 'movies' and Snob episodes on the same camera.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:51 am

Better to produce shitty movies and be called a hack than to try to make something professional-looking and remove all doubt.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

supdood

Post by supdood » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:57 am

It's a shame that Shot on Shitteo is never getting released, so we could have seen what a really really shitty camera film looked like. Like worse than his usual stuff.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:11 am
Rapeculture wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:05 am
oldbones wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:00 am
A truly disgusting thing has happened. Channel Awesome fans now have jobs.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/cinema- ... -disco-154
Brad is the only commenter so far, hope it stays that way. Christ, has Brad even made one good movie yet anyway?
the cinemasnob movie is almost decent

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOFL

gtfoutta here brad
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:20 am

If he'd make it, the "Black Angus" movie that was talked about in "The Cinema Snob Movie" might be good.

Vaporwear

Post by Vaporwear » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:48 am

drisko wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:42 am
Sad thing is, you're not that far off. He and Dave have mentioned a few times they believe they could do a much better job than most Hollywood flicks, but have yet to make any effort towards that.
Wishful thinking on their part. Jones is an idiot, he doesn't know how to make good movies, even if someone gave him a higher budget he'd just make another shit movie but only the cinematography might be better. He can't write good dialogue or scenes, he doesn't know how to develop a good plot, or write good jokes, and he can't direct worth shit. All the money in the world won't cover up the fact the he sucks at filmmaking.

cernex

Post by cernex » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am

Vaporwear wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:48 am

He can't write good dialogue or scenes, he doesn't know how to develop a good plot, or write good jokes, and he can't direct worth shit. All the money in the world won't cover up the fact the he sucks at filmmaking.
Are you talking about Doge or Brad here? Like, saying he absolutely sucks at filmmaking is a bit overkill, there are people far worse than him out there, including Doge.

That being said, that doesn't mean he particularly excels either. He's just not God awful.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.

Vaporwear

Post by Vaporwear » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:51 am

cernex wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am
Vaporwear wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:48 am

He can't write good dialogue or scenes, he doesn't know how to develop a good plot, or write good jokes, and he can't direct worth shit. All the money in the world won't cover up the fact the he sucks at filmmaking.
Are you talking about Doge or Brad here? Like, saying he absolutely sucks at filmmaking is a bit overkill, there are people far worse than him out there, including Doge.

That being said, that doesn't mean he particularly excels either. He's just not God awful.
Walker and Jones both suck at filmmaking, and I didn't say Jones absolutely sucks, I just said he sucks. Does he absolutely suck? I don't know and I never even claimed that, but he does sucks at it, and that statement is not overkill at all.

Are there people worse than him? Yeah, but I never claimed he was the worst filmmaker either, just that he sucks. You don't have to be the worst to suck, you just have to be bad at it, which he is. And honestly, I would never claim either Walker or Jones as the worst, because that would give them special status as infamous filmmakers, when in reality their output is below mediocre at best and terrible at worst, but nothing that's worth remembering or viewing even in an ironic way, like with The Room or Birdemic, or Manos: Hands of Fate.

You know what absolutely sucks though? Your reading comprehension, where you somehow read that I wrote "absolutely sucks" when I didn't, and that I claimed that there weren't other people who were worse than Jones, when I didn't. Read better next time, idiot. If you somehow try to defend your stupidity, don't, cause I refuted your idiocy already. At this point just take the lumps and actually read the posts properly next time instead of putting words in people's mouths.