Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:09 am
I can't can't embedding at certain times to work well. Avoid the "&t=13m07s" part.
OK, but that was the relevant part. I didn't want to make everyone sit through the stupid video.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Vaporwear

Post by Vaporwear » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:06 am

This has been out for awhile, but I wanted to comment on this anyway. Like, this clip is terrible. Pregler is not acting, not even close, she's just doing herself but with a silly voice, that's it. The fat guy isn't acting either, he's also just doing himself but a little angrier than usual, and not even that much more angrier than he usually is.

I don't care if this is supposed to be a parody, the best comedies have great acting with great comedic timing. Yeah, I get that the fat one is supposed to be an unlikable asshole because that's usually how atheists are depicted in these sort of movies, but as a parody/satire, it still needs to be funny in some capacity.

Well, I'll give it this much, the joke near the end about the guy speaking Spanish was kinda funny, but there's a shit load of dead weight before that.

I noticed that the trailer has Santa Christ in it, and I'm like, fucking why? Just have the guy play Jesus, it's not like Santa Christ was ever a good idea anyway, he's a one video joke that the CA people decided to keep including in stuff for no reason, and including that lame ass thing in this in no way makes me want to buy this shitty product. Hell, once upon a time I thought Brad Jones was worth supporting so I actually bought The Cinema Snob movie back when it came out. Newflash: it sucked, but at least that movie had tits, which was better than not having tits, so there's that. Judging from the trailer and this scene, it's clear he hasn't gotten any better. Well, maybe the lighting's better, but that's it.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:12 am

Vaporwear wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:06 am

This has been out for awhile, but I wanted to comment on this anyway. Like, this clip is terrible. Pregler is not acting, not even close, she's just doing herself but with a silly voice, that's it. The fat guy isn't acting either, he's also just doing himself but a little angrier than usual, and not even that much more angrier than he usually is.

I don't care if this is supposed to be a parody, the best comedies have great acting with great comedic timing. Yeah, I get that the fat one is supposed to be an unlikable asshole because that's usually how atheists are depicted in these sort of movies, but as a parody/satire, it still needs to be funny in some capacity.

Well, I'll give it this much, the joke near the end about the guy speaking Spanish was kinda funny, but there's a shit load of dead weight before that.

I noticed that the trailer has Santa Christ in it, and I'm like, fucking why? Just have the guy play Jesus, it's not like Santa Christ was ever a good idea anyway, he's a one video joke that the CA people decided to keep including in stuff for no reason, and including that lame ass thing in this in no way makes me want to buy this shitty product. Hell, once upon a time I thought Brad Jones was worth supporting so I actually bought The Cinema Snob movie back when it came out. Newflash: it sucked, but at least that movie had tits, which was better than not having tits, so there's that. Judging from the trailer and this scene, it's clear he hasn't gotten any better. Well, maybe the lighting's better, but that's it.
Just wait for her full frontal nude sex scene and wait for the phoelous review

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:07 am

Vaporwear wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:06 am
I mentioned this on the 3.0 forum but my issue with the previews is that it looks like it's a Seltzer/Friedberg style parody,the entire joke set up is basically "This is a trope from this type of movie" or "This is copied right out of another movie but we're calling it a parody" and that's supposed to count. Doge did that too in To Boldly Flee, so Brad, Allison and Phelan did that commentary where they savaged it. And now two of them are in another movie that does the same thing, but it's worse since Brad actually wrote the damn thing and then crowdsourced it.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:03 pm

I don't let that "it's a comedy" thing count. It doesn't even come off as a comedy. It's a play-by-play copy of shitty religious movies without an especially interesting premise. The acting is, of course, abominable.
But let's talk about the premise. Is it just me or is it incredibly uncreative? The dickhead might as well be Scrooge from A Christmas Carol. It's essentially the same story, just without having a message.
Would it have killed him to come up with something better? The Life of Brian is a proper comedy poking fun at religious movies.

My suggestion would've been, if we're to go with the whole The Rickhead being a famous YT atheist, that he actually does manage to "convert" people to atheism. So good, in fact, that people around him start going militant atheist.
You'd first have him being bothered by people praying in public, then you have him become an internet phenomenon and people actually adopting atheism, although as a religion with him as the de facto prophet.
People start bothering him more and more and misunderstanding his message. Until eventually it spirals out of control a la Fight Club. Hell, even throw in a Fight Club parody maybe? Shit escelating to the point of the former Christians he was bothered by forming underground Atheism Clubs and planning attacks on Christmas markets and such.

It's so easy to come up with a better premise.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

GodsGift

Post by GodsGift » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:56 pm

That actually doesn't sound bad if I had nothing better to I'd definitely watch that over this shit

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Sye Ten Atheist already kind of did that gimmick by using christian arguments to convert people to atheism.

And they're just a couple of minutes long, each.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:03 pm

But they contain cringe for hours, each.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:03 pm
My suggestion would've been, if we're to go with the whole The Rickhead being a famous YT atheist, that he actually does manage to "convert" people to atheism. So good, in fact, that people around him start going militant atheist.
You'd first have him being bothered by people praying in public, then you have him become an internet phenomenon and people actually adopting atheism, although as a religion with him as the de facto prophet.
People start bothering him more and more and misunderstanding his message. Until eventually it spirals out of control a la Fight Club. Hell, even throw in a Fight Club parody maybe? Shit escelating to the point of the former Christians he was bothered by forming underground Atheism Clubs and planning attacks on Christmas markets and such.

It's so easy to come up with a better premise.
That actually sounds interesting. Would you have Rickhead be against the movement, as in he tries to tell people to think for themselves and not follow him, only for them to love him more? Or would he embrace his messianic role within this group?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:05 am

drisko wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 pm
That actually sounds interesting. Would you have Rickhead be against the movement, as in he tries to tell people to think for themselves and not follow him, only for them to love him more? Or would he embrace his messianic role within this group?
That's actually interesting to ponder. For a comedy I'd chose the former and just rip off The Life of Brian in terms of mood and story.
But if we're going with a super cheesy B-movie, for which the acting of the no-job fucks that bothered to show up should suffice, I'd take the latter and just go straight exploitation and the bad guys win a la From Dusk Till Dawn, mood-swing-wise.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!