Stefan Molyneux is kind of an idiot

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Stefan Molyneux is kind of an idiot

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:11 am

So Dianetics is basically Sonichu?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:54 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:37 am
Nevertheless, kind of discredits the whole 'Stefan's a Scientologist' theory
Maybe. I don't think however Stefan is intelligent enough to run his own cult and the problems he had with his family in the past points to that he ran into the arms of a cult and is now recruiting people for them. His videos are pseudo intellectual drivel and he just appears knowledgeable. If you go deeper you find a very broken man underneath.

Another interesting thing I have found is that the person running the german version of freedomain radio is part of what we call in Germany Reichsbürger. Right wing extremists, basically neo-nazis. However I couldn't find a link between the german version of FDR and Molyneux.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:16 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:46 am
Charlar wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:05 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:37 am
Nevertheless, kind of discredits the whole 'Stefan's a Scientologist' theory
How?
Therapists are to Scientology what witches are to Christianity. Seriously. Pull up a Tom Cruise rant video on it sometime. L. Ron Hubbard named two of the evil alien races in Battlefield Earth "Psychlos" and "Ciatrists". Some shrinks probably said that his "hold this nonsense gadget while the light blinks" method of curing mental illness was bogus and he went on a vendetta against them.
I'll take your word on it, i'm not a masochist
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:36 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:54 am
Another interesting thing I have found is that the person running the german version of freedomain radio is part of what we call in Germany Reichsbürger. Right wing extremists, basically neo-nazis. However I couldn't find a link between the german version of FDR and Molyneux.
Reichsbürger are basically Sovereing Citizens. Instead of using pseudo-legalese word magic, they live in some weird alternate reality where the Reich never stopped existing and the current German Republic is an elaborate prank or something, invented by the Allies for... reasons, I guess. That might actually make them more batshit, depending on how you measure crazy.

(At least Sovereign Citizens don't proclaim micronations AFAIK.)

I wouldn't say they all qualify as neo-nazis, but there's a definite overlap, especially towards the autism spectrum.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:15 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:36 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:54 am
Reichsbürger are basically Sovereing Citizens. Instead of using pseudo-legalese word magic, they live in some weird alternate reality where the Reich never stopped existing and the current German Republic is an elaborate prank or something, invented by the Allies for... reasons, I guess. That might actually make them more batshit, depending on how you measure crazy.

I wouldn't say they all qualify as neo-nazis, but there's a definite overlap, especially towards the autism spectrum.
I love it when people use meme magic to explain reality. If only we could convince them that gravity is a social construct and they can fly if they really, really tried....

Toodles

Post by Toodles » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:34 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:36 am

Reichsbürgers believe that the Weimar Republic constitution is still in force and thus the German Federal Republic, which isn't based on it but has its own constitution, isn't a legitimate German state. I wouldn't consider them insane, only ignorant, disingenuous, or just trolls. I agree that they're not Neo-Nazis; they're better described as reactionaries. I wish that least 10% of Germans were Reichsbürgers, so that the German political scene isn't so leftist and germanophobic. Too bad that the Germans are too deracinated for something like this.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Why would Reichsbürger vote for a government that they don't acknowledge, running a country that supposedly doesn't exist?

And I would call them insane because they have a tendency to form autistic splinter cells that get scammed by snake oil salesmen who sell bank accounts and "official" documents for their personal Original Reich (do not steal).

I was also in another forum who lost a long-time member after he went Reichsbürger. Dude was gang-stalking levels of crazy before he left.
-Yours Truly

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:25 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:24 pm

And I would call them insane because they have a tendency to form autistic splinter cells that get scammed by snake oil salesmen who sell bank accounts and "official" documents for their personal Original Reich (do not steal).
So the kekistani alt-right are universal then?

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Some of them are on welfare and block public authorities, spread racial propaganda and recruit people via brainwashing that Nazi Germany was never defeated or that we live in BRD GmbH. It's a laughable and very pathetic attempt to overthrow the BRD. Though I wouldn't underestimate it considering the dimensions it took on. Verfassungsschutz estimates 10.000 people but people on the net who document it think there are 40.000 of them and 100.000 sympathizers.

It essentially is the very same attempts of the original Nazis, but under a new coat obviously (up-to-date), to undermine the state and create a dictatorship.

https://wiki.sonnenstaatland.com/wiki/R ... r_Hoffmann

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them infiltrated the AfD and/or have ties to the party.

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Charlar wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 8:14 pm
@wildmage
Go ahead
Shit, I forgot about this for more than half a year. Anyways, a breakdown on Fallen London, spoiling the big things first and going to smaller and smaller mysteries:

-The World: The Universe is ruled by the Stars - gods - their light is absolute and by shining sunlight they are passing law. Living things die, enthropy, gravity is 9,78 m/s sq, etc. That is the law of the universe passed by the light of the stars. Stars are the highest hierarchy but there are powers in the scale below (imagine some metaphysical absolute bureacracy). The lowest caste are the messengers, which just transmit orders from one power to the other and they are Chtulhu-like beings the size of Spaceships.

-The Bazaar: At the dawn of the world, the Bazaar was actually a messenger between the powers but it fell in love with the Sun (our sun, the star). Since the hierarchy is absolute, this was forbidden so, to avoid being removed from existence, the Bazaar burrowed itself into the Earth and created a quasi pocket plane without the light of the Stars (the means they pass judgment).

-The Neath: the pocket plane that the Bazaar created inside of the earth without the light of the stars. Since there is no light of the stars but an artificial light, that means that all rules can be subverted in whichever way the will can (but not entirely). What this means is that you can be killed from a bullet wound but you'll wake up later, there is permanent death but only within some very arbitrary rules of the Neath. Animals talk because we have the will to try to undestand them or maybe they have the will to try to communicate. You can fuck an orangutan and create a super-mutant offspring because, why not?

-The ECHO Bazaar: When the Bazaar burrowed itself into the Neath, the inhabitants of the spaceship sized monstrosity, the Masters of the Bazaar (bat-like aliens) decided they needed a plan to get the bastard up and running again since making the Neath was verbotten as fuck for their boss' bosses. The Bazaar wanted love and they decided that they will make a case for the Bazaar and find the most incredible love story every created to convince the stars to allow the love between a messenger and a Star. For that, they approached the Emperors of the greatest civilizations during the height of their reign and made them an offer they couldn't refuse to bring the cities down into the NEath. All this to have an endless supply of samples to really find the greatest love story ever created.

And this last sentence is the reason why and for all the plotlines that happened: it's always about love. The masters shake things up, create drama, fuck people over to create a story to make a case for the Stars. The thing is, they have been doing this since fucking Babylonia (the first city) and they have not had a successful case.

If you're still interested, I'll detail the cities, dreams, x-files style mysteries and how it all fits together with Sunless Sea and the Spaceship game next.