Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:59 am

Ah, now it's finally time for the real Escapist star to return home and help it reach new heights.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RedLine

Re: Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw

Post by RedLine » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:08 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:42 am
He’s betting on Escapist biting it before he does. He’s probably right.
How big is this "Gamurs" parent company? If it is large enough they'll probably be able to keep the site around by shilling and catering to Google. If this is like Screenwave firing James then that's different.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:10 pm

They own the Mary Sue - so I don't think Escapist without Yahtzee is happening. :lol:
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:19 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:37 am
Extra Credits deserves its own thread full of sperge rage. Undeserved fame given to absolute shitters.
But what's there to say? I hate them with a burning passion but what's the discussion? They are, plain and simple, dead wrong on everything.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:47 pm

Remember when we ran out of WLAN a couple years ago?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:29 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:19 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:37 am
Extra Credits deserves its own thread full of sperge rage. Undeserved fame given to absolute shitters.
But what's there to say? I hate them with a burning passion but what's the discussion? They are, plain and simple, dead wrong on everything.
Fair enough. It still feels like the internet at large has too positive an opinion on their shitty content.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:40 pm

That's because that exact kind of faggot shit is what gaming "universities" teach. It's pure cancer and the reason for the current state of vidya.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Just Some Random Guy

Re: Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:49 am

Osterzone wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:32 am
It seems like after Escapist's parent company, Gamurs, who've owned Escapist for only a year, just fired their editor-in-chief, so everyone else, including Yahtzee, quit in protest. I guess all they own now Escapist-related is the office lease
I was going to say that this seemed an incredibly dumb decision on the part of Gamurs--firing the guy in charge and making almost everyone else, including the only guy who brought in real views, quit--but I wonder if they particularly cared. If everyone quits, they Gamurs still has the channel and the Patreon for income. I wasn't sure if Gamurs was getting money from the Patreon, but I think they are because it's still up. Now, with people not making videos or anything, it's true you'll get way fewer views and ad revenue if you're not bringing out new stuff, but you'll still get some views, and as we saw with Spoony, Patreons take a very, very long time to decline, even if you're literally doing nothing. Apparently the people who quit or were fired aren't taking severance pay (I'm not entirely sure why, but a comment from the fired editor-in-chief indicated that doing so might require you to limit any criticisms you direct of the company), so that means Gamurs doesn't even have to hand that out. If it means that they get money--even if a lesser amount--from The Escapist without having to actually pay anyone, it doesn't seem a bad deal for them.

I am pretty sure Gamurs still handles the Patreon, because it's still up--if the actual people at the Escapist had it, they would've taken it down already, I think. I was wondering if there was any drop in patrons, but there doesn't seem to have been any yet according to Graphtreon, at least as of yesterday.

As a side note, though: Graphtreon tells me that there are 1,949 paying patrons, but the patreon site itself (https://www.patreon.com/the_escapist) informs me there are 2,594 members. Is there a difference between paying patrons and members? And how does one find the number of paying patrons? Obviously Graphtreon does it somehow, but all I see on the main page is the number of members.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:59 am

Is Jack Packard still with those guys?
I wonder if MovieBob will be rehired?
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:16 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:59 am
I wonder if MovieBob will be rehired?
I have no doubt in my mind that he will become the new star of Zero Punctuation.
-Yours Truly