Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 am

Osterzone wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:53 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:22 pm
I'm pretty sure hunterxhunter didn't have any of that gay shit. Smackdown was laid on everyone, regardless of gender.
There was a whole episode dedicated to 2 Royal ant guards screaming in ecstasy that their king said they tasted good.
That's completely different gay shit from the gay shit I was talking about. :lol:

Pitou was a girl and got her shit rocked.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:39 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:20 pm
They should totally make One Piece Abridged. It's perfect, I mean, Sanji is such a feminist that he refuses to fight a lady for any reason.
There's already a one piece abridged, and it's not very good. But that's all abridged shit.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:09 pm

The only good abridged things are the one-offs that people take time to actually craft well instead of crapping them out for some youtube monies.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:09 pm
The only good abridged things are the one-offs that people take time to actually craft well instead of crapping them out for some youtube monies.
Like Rapeman lol
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:49 pm

The secret is to finish your abridged show fast before things turn to shit. Something like a 13- or even 26-episode anime could work out okay, but these fuckers always pick stuff that has at least 200+ episodes worth of plot and may in fact be still going on.
mad bum wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:39 am
There's already a one piece abridged, and it's not very good. But that's all abridged shit.
I don't believe in abridged dibs.
Charlar wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 pm
Sanji's just that much of a gentleman. Or thirsty. Or both.
True he is both but i'm only up to volume 25 (out of 86)and there were hints of something more so yeah
Phew, I'm glad I didn't spoiler too much.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:38 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:49 pm
The secret is to finish your abridged show fast before things turn to shit. Something like a 13- or even 26-episode anime could work out okay, but these fuckers always pick stuff that has at least 200+ episodes worth of plot and may in fact be still going on.
See, I think that's fine as long as they know how to actually... y'know... abridge.

I want to watch someone shorten the plot of a show I used to watch and keep the jokes they put into the episodes relevant to the actual show instead of creating their own characters and their own personalities and plots. They also have to be careful not to overdo the character traits they choose to harp on so much that they end up Flanderizing the characters to the point of being boring and predictable.

Note how TFS can do none of these things properly. Whether you think their jokes are funny or not, a good portion of their humor and episodes center around their own plot points, their own jokes, their own personalities projected onto the characters, etc, etc. There's nothing interesting about taking a character and reducing them down to one dimension. Toei made a similar mistake with Goku in Dragonball Super and people were pissed because he became a bumbling idiot that just enjoyed punching dudes instead of a martial artist that looked forward to challenging himself.

This extends to their other attempts at abrdiging up to, and including, that short lived FF7 one that they're apparently making a second episode season of.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:38 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
See, I think that's fine as long as they know how to actually... y'know... abridge.

I want to watch someone shorten the plot of a show I used to watch and keep the jokes they put into the episodes relevant to the actual show instead of creating their own characters and their own personalities and plots. They also have to be careful not to overdo the character traits they choose to harp on so much that they end up Flanderizing the characters to the point of being boring and predictable.
I can't think of anyone that managed, is it even possible
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:59 am

Charlar wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 am
Guest wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

Sure, if you're a clever writer that has passion for what you do and aren't doing it for quick e-bucks and e-fame or to create a portfolio for yourself to show off to companies and for no other reason than that.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:09 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:59 am
Charlar wrote:
Guest wrote:

Sure, if you're a clever writer that has passion for what you do and aren't doing it for quick e-bucks and e-fame or to create a portfolio for yourself to show off to companies and for no other reason than that.
Okay but any particular example?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

OldManBones

Post by OldManBones » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:59 am
Charlar wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm pretty sure if one was an actual clever writer with passion they probably wouldn't be abridging dumb anime series in the first place.