Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:12 pm

My favorite example is how the German dub of Azumanga Daioh (bite me I need guilty pleasures as well) does a pretty decent job at porting over the jokes, while the German dub for the fucking Simpsons has occasions were you have to re-translate the jokes back into English to figure out why it was a joke.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:15 am

We know what you're wondering: Where the ****ing **** is our ********** DBZA?
No we haven't. You guys always take ages. Stop pretending this isn't a normal thing for you.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:21 am

I ain't clicking that. Those assholes could've lost their meal ticket because Lani inadvertently sicced his fans on Toei and already they're back to being high and mighty.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 am

To summarize the video:

We can't say where DBZA is because we just can't. But here's all of our other stuff! Also some people hired us to do an official dub. Don't forget about our other stuff that isn't DBZA!

No. I'm not exaggerating. That's literally the video.

Vaporwear

Post by Vaporwear » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 am
To summarize the video:

We can't say where DBZA is because we just can't. But here's all of our other stuff! Also some people hired us to do an official dub. Don't forget about our other stuff that isn't DBZA!

Yeah basically.

Essentially it's the logical consequence of taking an actual, paying project: they have to put DBZA on hold in order to make sure they don't fuck up what's essentially their one big chance to transition into official localization. It makes sense, they know their whole operation is precarious at best, what with them being allowed to make money off licensed properties only because Toei and Funi find them humorous enough that they don't want to straight up nuke their channel into oblivion, even though they totally could if they felt like it. And surely their endgame was never "just keep doing this DBZ/GT/Super abridging shit till we die".

I can imagine their other new projects won't involve more abridging, as they know they have to move away from it if they want to stay in good graces with companies that may one day decide to hire them to do more localization work.

As for their patreon, if they successfully transition than TFS won't need it anymore, but you know a bunch of brain damaged fuckers will keep donating even if TFS keeps getting actual gigs and quits doing DBZA, cause that's how stupid these people are.

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:16 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 am
To summarize the video:

Pretty much, Lani cites "personal reasons" for why there's no explanation but doesn't explain any further, just says it's on hiatus.

I speculate Kaiser's getting a divorce.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:29 am

Does gettin divorced from another male buttfaggot even mean anything?

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 am

It does when they can take half your stuff. The hubby's lawyer is probably eyeing that patreon money.

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:15 am

We know what you're wondering: Where the ****ing **** is our ********** DBZA?
No we haven't. You guys always take ages. Stop pretending this isn't a normal thing for you.
So they make a video titled "where is dragonball z abridged?" and the only answer in the video they give is "we can't tell you"

Fucking genius!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:48 pm

Does that mean they got shafted by Toei and/or Funimation? Maybe even sued?