Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 am

It's why Egoraptor stopped making animations, even though he was clearly big enough to run a successful patreon and had an opportunity to work at FUCKING FOX ANIMATION but blew it because he wanted to sleep in until 12pm rather than get to work on time.
Tell me moar...
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:10 pm

A story that's been passed around just like Linky's Hmmmm incident on 4chan, but unfortunately it's very hard to even find any mentions of this, unless you know where to look. A lot of info about the internet nobodies gets difficult to find after some time passes, I wonder why...

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:31 pm

The story I heard was he was hired on to direct the adaptation of Axe Cop for Fox, but slept in the first day, didn't even show up until noon or so. Then he acted like a lazy asshole until they decided to fire him. Don't think he lasted the whole day, in fact.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:39 pm

The real story's more boring. From what I heard, Arin and El-Cid were hired onto Axe Cop. Arin boarded like an episode of it. Then Fox decided to completely change direction on it midway through pre-production so Arin and El-Cid either left or got booted.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:35 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:39 pm
The real story's more boring. From what I heard, Arin and El-Cid were hired onto Axe Cop. Arin boarded like an episode of it. Then Fox decided to completely change direction on it midway through pre-production so Arin and El-Cid either left or got booted.
Larry told us the sleeping in story, and that no one wants to hire him ever again in the industry because of how much of a manchild he was. Arin claimed what you said, that he hated where it was going and didn't want to work on it.

Larry usually doesn't lie about shit like this, and he wrote that as if he had contacted people personally who knew about the situation directly. He talks shit about people behind their back, but he doesn't lie about them.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:40 am

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:35 am
Larry told us the sleeping in story, and that no one wants to hire him ever again in the industry because of how much of a manchild he was. Arin claimed what you said, that he hated where it was going and didn't want to work on it.

It's not just Arin that claimed that. El-Cid also said he didn't like the new direction.
Poonoo wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:35 am
Larry usually doesn't lie about shit like this, and he wrote that as if he had contacted people personally who knew about the situation directly. He talks shit about people behind their back, but he doesn't lie about them.
Who did he talk to? I'm not disbelieving him, Arin's a lazy shit as we well know. But this particular incident might be a case of Chinese whispers.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

PassTheRemote
Goon

Post by PassTheRemote » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:15 am

As far as I know, Larry has never corroborated his claims about Arin regarding the sleeping in. Until then, I remain skeptical of that take on events.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:56 am

I am not sure I can corroborate the claims, but.... Larry does indeed have ties to the animation industry. Verifying that Larry is in the position to hear this rumor is not the same as verifying the rumor itself, but I hope it actually sheds light that he is indeed in the position to hear it.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Reminder that TFS are now more let's players than animators
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Can you really call yourself an animator if you're just reusing assets?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette