Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:48 pm
Does that mean they got shafted by Toei and/or Funimation? Maybe even sued?
That's going a bit far. I think they just got a friendly "Be careful what you upload" message.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Yeah, if they got sued, we all would be hearing the wailing cries of these guys.

I get the feeling they are fed up with this whole DBZ shit (I know I would), and having to deal with toei, going to cons and having spazs weebs shouting their memes at them, so I guess they must be looking for an out.

They quite can´t right now, because

1- they don´t have any work experience outside this abridged shit... so they don´t have any work experience.

2- the second they say they are stopping DBZ, their patreon money cuts in half. It is surprising that people are still paying for months with nothing in return, but once they decide to pull the plug on the only thing people really care about, that money is gone.

So let's see how this dubbing gig they got works out. Have some doubts, because professional work is quite different from fucking around with your friends, also there is the adapataion, which take a lot of time, re-writes and all that stuff. And honestly, whenever DBZ abridged tries to stop the jokes and have their take on the story and build up a scene.... it comes across second rate fanfiction (because it is, still).

One thing I don´t understand is why just one guy is editing this whole stuff? I can see they have some heavy edited shots, with a lot of photoshop work, but most of it it just taking existing footage and timing it, it is not hard work, anyone with after effects basics can do that.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:19 pm

It's been mentioned before, but the anime they're dubbing is pretty bad. It did poorly in Japan, so it's probably not getting shown on tv and they'll be begging their fans to buy the DVDs.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Whoever got the rights for that anime probably figured that a professional dub would cost them too much (or all) profit, and the "begging their fans to buy the DVD" can only be beneficial.
rpgworm wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:09 pm
One thing I don´t understand is why just one guy is editing this whole stuff? I can see they have some heavy edited shots, with a lot of photoshop work, but most of it it just taking existing footage and timing it, it is not hard work, anyone with after effects basics can do that.
They're lazy and/or deliberately dragged this out to buy time for their exit strategy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Osterzone wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:19 pm
It's been mentioned before, but the anime they're dubbing is pretty bad. It did poorly in Japan, so it's probably not getting shown on tv and they'll be begging their fans to buy the DVDs.
I see. The producers were pretty smart then, they got hold of a shitty product, probably for pennies, they can´t move it on conventionals channels, and now they are going to pay shit for these amateurs, they will sell it to their retarded fanbase who eats up anything they do (although I can see that the numbers won't be as high, because most people around DBZA are just here because DBZ), and they will turn some profit...

And most of this profit will go to said producers. TFS will feel like they now have big boy pants and are now real voice actors, but I can see this coming out as a real display of their lack of range and skills.

This is why working on these little internet chambers kinda fuck you up, you have you fan base and you have your friends, but your "work" is never put under professional scrutiny pressure, where you don´t have a fan base to lick your ass, and you HAVE to put out quality stuff, otherwise you are fired.

Just take a look at the sad state from the TGWTG guys now, none of them came out as entertainers, actors or writters, they never learned the craft nor they had the pushback to do so, and now they few that are still doing videos survive on a dwindling audience, an audience that I might say, isn´t gonna renovate for much longer, as the appeal of watching middle aged guys and girls bitching about pop culturedoesn´t have the same appeal.
Last edited by rpgworm on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Are they still selling DBZA merchandise?
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 pm
Are they still selling DBZA merchandise?
They're still selling merch, in general. They're trying to keep people from leaving their Patreon by releasing a, "damage control," video.

The best part is that through all of the fanboys in the comments you will actually see quite a few people calling them out on their video being vague nothingness.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 pm

If they're still selling that bootleg merch, then I doubt they're being sued or threatened. Because that is the most illegal thing that they are doing.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:31 pm

rpgworm wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:46 pm
I see. The producers were pretty smart then, they got hold of a shitty product, probably for pennies, they can´t move it on conventionals channels, and now they are going to pay shit for these amateurs, they will sell it to their retarded fanbase who eats up anything they do (although I can see that the numbers won't be as high, because most people around DBZA are just here because DBZ), and they will turn some profit...

And most of this profit will go to said producers. TFS will feel like they now have big boy pants and are now real voice actors, but I can see this coming out as a real display of their lack of range and skills.
Being stuck on crappy animes might actually backfire a bit...

"Hey guys! Know of any anime I should avoid?"
"Anything dubbed by TFS."
-Yours Truly

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:19 am

Okay, so the hiatus is because of the dub they're doing, as well as some personal stuff Kaiser isn't saying yet, but then they promise to get back to the final episode... which will be an hour and a half long. Holy shit, really guys? At that point it stops being an abridged series and just becomes a fan movie. Also, it's not coming out this year, but once the dub's done they're going to get back to working on it full time.

There are some other secret projects that are coming, but I doubt anyone will care about them enough to stick around to check them out. Really should have made a trailer or something before announcing people should just take off if they only want DBZA