Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:56 am
Huh, okay then. I've never watched much of the show. It always annoyed me that a) when some twelve year old faggot kidnaps your friend you don't play cards with him, you knock the cunt out or get the police and b) the fuckers are cheating like crazy.
That could actually make for a fun concept if it was played for laughs. Imagine a bank robbery involving duels between cops and gangsters.

And if that annoys me, you've fortunately never come across Bakugan, aka the retard bastard child of YGO and Digimon. Catched some of that shit when I was watching YGO reruns for the abridged lulz.

It's like some stupid and confusing card monster battle thing, except the monster are actually real and come from another dimension.
Then some assholes from that dimension start to invade Earth.
Instead of going the Digimon route of wrecking shit up, they instead play the fucking game with the kids. A game that was invented by the humans.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:56 am
Huh, okay then. I've never watched much of the show. It always annoyed me that a) when some twelve year old faggot kidnaps your friend you don't play cards with him, you knock the cunt out or get the police and b) the fuckers are cheating like crazy.
"Haha, very well, but what you didn't expect was THIS card!", says Yugi before even drawing the card. How did you know what card you were to draw, Yugi, you topdecking, slight of hand son of a bitch cheater?
The whole "You've got to believe in the heart of the cards." talk became a meme in our Magic group whenever one didn't draw what they needed.
Everyone cheats in yougaybro, everyone has cards up their sleeves, and nobody ever tributes anything.

It'd be like a magic the gathering show where people summon whatever monsters they want regardless of mana cost, and use any ability for free.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Stranger wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:30 pm
CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:15 pm
I remember buying my first starter deck in middle school and top decking Dark Magician, Gaia the Knight, and Summoned Skull. Because of course we used season 1 rules where you didn't need to tribute.
This reminds me of playing with this one smug cunt on my bus ride home from school. We had established we were playing with very specific rules, even if they weren't official, then, out of the blue, he studies up on the official rules and starts telling me all of my plays were illegal and I ended up losing because of it.

I put the game down and never picked it up again. Not because the rules were too harsh or anything but because the game wasn't fun with that level of tryhard on the other end. I hear it's the same with Magic if you go to a game store and end up around those meta-deck nerds.
Fuck I hate those.

It's like, stop talking and just play you fat fuck. I came here to unwind and play a card game not number crunch for weeks and come out of my basement to pretentiously tilt my nose up at all the "noobz" with "lives".
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:08 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:38 pm
Stranger wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:30 pm
CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:15 pm
I remember buying my first starter deck in middle school and top decking Dark Magician, Gaia the Knight, and Summoned Skull. Because of course we used season 1 rules where you didn't need to tribute.
This reminds me of playing with this one smug cunt on my bus ride home from school. We had established we were playing with very specific rules, even if they weren't official, then, out of the blue, he studies up on the official rules and starts telling me all of my plays were illegal and I ended up losing because of it.

I put the game down and never picked it up again. Not because the rules were too harsh or anything but because the game wasn't fun with that level of tryhard on the other end. I hear it's the same with Magic if you go to a game store and end up around those meta-deck nerds.
Fuck I hate those.

It's like, stop talking and just play you fat fuck. I came here to unwind and play a card game not number crunch for weeks and come out of my basement to pretentiously tilt my nose up at all the "noobz" with "lives".
That was the second reason why I stopped playing MtG as well (first one being, of course, , it was too expensive and time consuming). During my first MtG period, which was from Mirage until the Onslaught block, I got laughed by the snobs at school because I dared to scrap a Sliver deck, and I didn't really had money to construct the mana base required for a 5 colored deck (the Urza block period was particularly nasty for multicolored decks), because the dual lands were already too expensive. Later on, we started playing competitively on a game store and my dumb deck managed to get some top 8, but nothing to brag about. The guys involved in competitive Magic are invariably all shit stains, too. It's just the right amount of elitism about something so stupid for me to want to smash their heads with a chair, which is why I don't play it anymore except in video games.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:00 pm

Thankfully, we all played pretty casual and nobody was a real dick about Magic. I've made a competitive deck as well and got second in a tournament but then lost in the finale because due to time constraints they changed the best of three to a single game and we both got mana screwed hard. He beat me down with a 1/1 over thirty turns. It was terrible.
Testing my deck out at some other Magic group was fun. I've played against the much older leader of it against his super strong Serra Angel/Oath/Survival of the Fittest deck that nobody has ever won against. You guessed it, I won. Just barely but that felt super great.

Netdecking was pretty much non-existant at that time. Today, I'm not so sure I'd enjoy going to a tournament. Last time I was in a game store the guys there seemed like very elitist cunts.

Edit: That was during Mercadian Masks. My deck was a white green Margeta the Lion/Treetop Village deck. Destroy all creatures, attack with Treetop. Or just kill with my beloved Thorn Elemental.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:11 am

Personally I actually really only like tournament Magic because the power level and what is and isn't allowed is clear, with no unwritten rules or "expected" power levels as would happen in casual playgroups. Way back when I played casually, my decent (but not competitive) deck would either go up against the guy with the tricked-out, Tier 1 deck and lose horribly, or go up against someone who felt like they had just made their first deck and then crush them. In a tournament, everyone's expected to be playing with a good deck, so you know exactly what you're getting into.

Not to say you can't do well at a tournament, even a big one, without a "top deck" (a relatively uncommon deck won a nearly 800 person tournament a few weeks ago), but that the expected power level is fairly clear.

The card prices are pretty silly, though. On the other hand, I've heard Yu-Gi-Oh is even worse in that department, both in terms of how much the cards cost and in terms of how much "upkeep" you have to do when new sets come out.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 am

What is better in theory in MTG a better deck: Red and White or Black and Green?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:03 am

Charlar wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 am
What is better in theory in MTG a better deck: Red and White or Black and Green?
There really isn't any "in theory" because it all depends on context (casual? competitive? if competitive, what format?) and what kind of strategy you might be going for. Decks normally have some kind of strategy or synergy first, and then their colors just naturally come from that based on which ones will fit into the strategy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:16 am

Yeah, totally depends on the format because that sets what cards you have potentially available. Generally speaking, there are more cards with synergy between Green and Black. I can immediately think of a Tarmogoyf deck that's build around dredge and Experiment One.
There are lots of strong Green and Black cards and generally, they work well together. Many expansions with those two colours being allied. White and Red not so much. White and Green works well together, Red best on it's own.
Red is often reliant on speed and a second colour always slows things down.

But again, depends on the format.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:42 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:16 am
Yeah, totally depends on the format because that sets what cards you have potentially available. Generally speaking, there are more cards with synergy between Green and Black. I can immediately think of a Tarmogoyf deck that's build around dredge and Experiment One.
There are lots of strong Green and Black cards and generally, they work well together. Many expansions with those two colours being allied. White and Red not so much. White and Green works well together, Red best on it's own.
Red is often reliant on speed and a second colour always slows things down.

But again, depends on the format.
Casual with older cards
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes