Team Fag Star

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun May 21, 2017 2:21 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 12:40 am
I've heard people say Twitch is the future for e-celebs to make money, and that it's more stable than youtube right now. But it looks like another fad to me. I predict it'll either go away like Blip did or become much less profitable. Relying on subs, bits, cheers etc just encourages only hardcore fans to stick around. Casual viewers have no reason to give money.
Not only that, it actually annoys the shit out of casual viewers. DSP is perhaps the poster (gout) boy for this, but he's hardly the only one doing it. There's this Canacuck guy who plays 4X strategy games that I like to watch (well, mostly his Civ 6 videos), that gets insane amounts of tips and cheers and subs on Twitch. Now, he abides to the rules and doesn't ask for those, but boy does it get really annoying because the cheers are almost all about some stupid meme involving whiskey, chocolate, or cheer wars (I was shocked to discover that this is something that happens outside of DSP's channel). Now I only watch the guy on Youtube, where I can skip through the "reading the cheers" parts.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Sun May 21, 2017 2:24 am

Isn't twitch almost exclusively video games? You can't stream a movie or a tv show, so are all the YT assholes going to start playing the newest pokemon or whatever to get their shekels?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 21, 2017 2:40 am

Osterzone wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 2:24 am
Isn't twitch almost exclusively video games? You can't stream a movie or a tv show, so are all the YT assholes going to start playing the newest pokemon or whatever to get their shekels?
There is also a painting, social eating and a real life category. So sitting around and talking about the latest movie could still happen on Twitch. It's going to get more diluted in the future I'm sure.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

asdf

Post by asdf » Sun May 21, 2017 2:42 am

Beyond that, most of the time all you'd have to do is casually play some game in the background and do your real content over top of it and they'd not do anything to you.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 21, 2017 2:52 am

asdf wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 2:42 am
Beyond that, most of the time all you'd have to do is casually play some game in the background and do your real kahntent over top of it and they'd not do anything to you.
Like Tevin does. He streams his DSP videos and if you watch them on Twitch he's almost always playing some game on the side in a tiny-ass screen.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 21, 2017 4:32 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 2:40 am
Osterzone wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 2:24 am
There is also a painting, social eating and a real life category. So sitting around and talking about the latest movie could still happen on Twitch. It's going to get more diluted in the future I'm sure.
Yeah. At present, Twitch is more friendly (as DSP found out) than YouTube for shilling and ebegging. They don't seem to monitor closely for TOS violations, else DSP would be banned for constantly asking for donations/tips/cheers and saying he needs them to live. Twitch now sounds like how YouTube used to be when they first started monetizing channels. But if a bunch of Youtubers migrate over, they'll end up destroying themselves and Twitch. Twitch will have to modify their TOS, start enforcing it and watching out for even more lawsuit threats/advertiser threats.

The only streamer I enjoy also uploads his shit to youtube. TheMainManSWE is a streamer who plays Tekken at a very high level and makes some interesting videos for people new to Tekken, or people who suck ass like myself. But as I said, all his shit is on youtube anyway. If his channel was 100% Twitch, I'd never hear about it. Nobody would who isn't already a hardcore fan. That's the thing: Twitch can only work for a lot of these people because they rely on YouTube to get the word out.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 21, 2017 4:35 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 2:15 am
Twitch belongs to Amazon so it's there to stay. But that market is going to get purged hard with all the YT faggots going there, causing more competition.
Twitch, for the streamers, has the problem that the viewership will spread thin. You can easily watch ten new videos from your favourite Youtubers each day. You can't watch ten streamers each day, much less donate to all of them regularly. It won't be long until you can't make a living from that either anymore if you're not HUGE.
The exposure problem is going to really fuck most streamers hard if a bunch of youtube e-celebs migrate over. Everyone's going to be fighting for this tiny-ass viewerbase of people actually willing to donate. It's not like they can just say "fuck off, fanbase, I don't need you because I make money off views/ads."
RAPEMAN wrote:

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun May 21, 2017 6:14 am

Twitch allows for paid subscription requirements in order to post. Like on Co-Optional you have to pay $5 to leave a comment to stop spam and trolls, but also to make money. And you have people who will say your name if you subscribe during the stream.

Let's say Linkara set it up so that the first time anyone could watch his reviews, it would be during a stream where afterwards he took questions about the episode until an hour had filled up. In order to post a question you'd have to pay, and if you really want to know what Vyce is planning, you need to chip in. So you do, only to get a reply of "That's coming later" and now Linky has your money. And people would come by just to watch the stream so they'd see ads or subscribe to get rid of the ads. Then he uploads the review to YT and a separate video of the stream and gets ad revenue off of that. Now he has more money to pay his billth.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 21, 2017 7:11 am

I'd love my ass off if several people gave him 5 bucks to ask him when the next History of Power Rangers episode will come out.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 22, 2017 1:59 am

You can give bits, so you could give 50 cents and ask when the next episode comes out.
RAPEMAN wrote: