Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:58 am

It's a shame. There are other game sites out there far more deserving of death.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:11 am
drisko wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:48 am
Wonder how Bob will take this. Will he dance a jig that the Escapist is falling without him, or whine like a bitch that instead of hiring him back they're just going to let anyone write a review?
Can't it be both?
Forgot the third option:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:22 pm

drisko wrote:
Escapist has let all their paid reviewers go, except for Yahtzee, and are asking the community to offer work for free to fill the slots.

Wonder how Bob will take this. Will he dance a jig that the Escapist is falling without him, or whine like a bitch that instead of hiring him back they're just going to let anyone write a review?
This is fucking awesome. The Escapist has been shit for a really long time. Since before DHI, acktyuwually.

I still remember that fucking cunt Russ Pitts, Susan PN03 and the rest of those assholes. They were so up their own asses about their "original content do not steal" like fucking Game Dogs. Whenever someone told them anything they disagreed with or didn't want to hear, they'd outright ban people.

BTW they never did ban me, so I'm not some butthurt former member. Well I am, but I just stopped posting when I saw literally 100s of old-timer posters getting banned when the New Guard swept in to take over. Some dude with 10,000 posts from 2005 would post "I don't like this new series and think it sucks" and get permabanned by Russ Pitts.

From the beginning, they were always super shady about shit. They latched onto Yahtzee and, as Larry said (although he's just repeating us in that comment,) they rode him to fame. No surprise that they'd rather fire the rest of the website than see him go unpaid. They know the website IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN the yahtzee croshaw experience.

But that never stopped them from installing Stalinesque forum rules, pushing 100s of shitty shows nobody wanted or liked, banning any negative feedback to said terrible shows and ripping off their article writers or failing to pay people.

This new gimmick is sleazy even for them. I remember when the Escapist was primarily the forums. People came for the community and open dialogue. Then Piss Potts took over and started banning everyone. Now they've got some nerve to come crawling back to "the community," expecting these forum posters to essentially write articles for nothing, just to keep THEIR website alive.

Let it die. They banned all the good posters years ago and the staff have been cunts ever since. They DESERVE to fail. Nobody deserves it more.

There are more SJW websites out there, but the Escapist takes the cake on pretentious assholes who betrayed their community. You want to talk unfair bans? Practically every ban I've ever seen on the escapist shouldn't have been a ban. The mods have always been power-crazy.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:50 pm

I dunno if I'd class The Escapist as an SJW site. At least, not any more. The forums, yeah but lots of forums are shit. All the people you've mentioned, like Pitts, Susan What's-Her-Name, etc, left years ago.

Keep in mind The Escapist is the site that, instead of writing their own 'Gamers Are Dead' article and insulting their audience, actually came out and said 'We've made mistakes, we'll try to do better'. Which is probably why they're dying. MovieBob and his massive ego would probably like to think that he single handedly caused their downfall because his shitty videos aren't on there any more. But it probably has a lot to do with firing that fat fuck Sterling and going against the SJW journo hivemind to begin with.

Which is why it's a shame that they're in such dire straits. They're the only ones who opted to act like real professionals instead of spoiled manchildren and now they're paying for it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:14 pm

GG was legit the only time they did that.

They have a long history of basically banning anyone who had a dissenting opinion. I suspect the reason they didn't do so during GG is someone high up at the escapist probably had GG sympathies.

They also had numerous ebegging schemes which received negative feedback over the years. Their response was always to ban people.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:18 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:14 pm
They have a long history of basically banning anyone who had a dissenting opinion. I suspect the reason they didn't do so during GG is someone high up at the escapist probably had GG sympathies.
How liberal is Yathzee again?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:19 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:18 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
How liberal is Yathzee again?
You're probably right. Yahtzee was generally pro-GG IIRC. So that's probably why they were tentatively pro-GG and didn't outright ban people. They realized they couldn't very well ban people for something their primary talent believed in.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... -Language-

The Escapist fucking hated free speech well before GG came along, so the decision to allow GG discussion was almost certainly not because they believed that posters should have the freedom to dissent. Piss Potts banned people who didn't like Game Dogs.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:22 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Archon, who is not a libshit, and Yahtzee, who is liberal but doesn't like SJWs (yet moved to their hive for some stupid reason).

In any case, all things considered, there were better candidates for sites that deserved to die. Kotaku should have died with Gawker last year, and Polygon is long overdue.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:19 pm
The Escapist fucking hated free speech well before GG came along, so the decision to allow GG discussion was almost certainly not because they believed that posters should have the freedom to dissent. Piss Potts banned people who didn't like Game Dogs.
Like I said, Pitts was gone way before that. The guy who replaced him was pressured by Ben Kuchera to delete the GG thread and ban the posters there, and he refused even though he clearly agreed with the rest of the SJW journo clique.
Kugelfisch wrote:

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Kotaku for sure should have been dead years ago. I cannot understand why they still exist. Why do they talk about games?
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:03 pm

drisko wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:11 am
drisko wrote:
Can't it be both?
Forgot the third option:
That's one of the wittiest, most intelligent things I've ever seen Moviebob say.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:22 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Archon, who is not a libshit, and Yahtzee, who is liberal but doesn't like SJWs (yet moved to their hive for some stupid reason).
Yahtzee moved to The Escapist mostly because after he made some prototype Zero Punctuation videos, they approached him with a contract before anyone else did. If something like Screwattack had made a move first, he would've ended up there.