Post by Oengae » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:04 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:23 pm
>probably
Guest wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:04 pm
He pretended to like Yahtzee in hopes of getting some of Yahtzee's fanbase.

Or he just likes that Yahtzee talks fast, which Blob thinks is the true mark of an intellectual.

Yahtzee can actually talk fast and isn't faking it through editing too, which makes him Movieblob's intellectual superior.
1)Yahtzee doesn't really talk fast. He just edits out his pauses.
2)Bob sucked Yahtzee's dick because they worked on the same site together and if there's one thing Bob knows how to do it's really suck dick. Of course, this was astonishingly pathetic to everyone except Bob, who apparently couldn't see that he is probably the last person Yahtzee would actually like.
Yahtzee edits out his pauses to sound like he talks faster.
Movieblob clicks the "Change speed without changing pitch" button in Audacity to sound faster but it's pretty obvious he can't.
Extra Credits clicks the "Change speed" button in Audacity but everyone sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks reading Gamesutra.

Pick your poison

drisko

Re: Movieblob

Post by drisko » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:19 am

Osterzone wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:40 pm
Oddly enough, he said Yahtzee was the perfect new game reviewer, despite Yahtzee hating Nintendo.
That probably wasn't clear at the time, but I doubt Bob ever watched anyone else's videos on the escapist after he joined.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 am

Oengae wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:10 pm
Yahtzee edits out his pauses to sound like he talks faster.
Movieblob clicks the "Change speed without changing pitch" button in Audacity to sound faster but it's pretty obvious he can't.
Extra Credits clicks the "Change speed" button in Audacity but everyone sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks reading Gamesutra.

Pick your poison
Yahtzee. I don't want to sound like a fanboy but Yahtzee edits his videos the way he does because he believes, rightly or wrongly, that his audience don't want to hear him take long pauses for breath or just to gather his thoughts. The other two edit their videos the way they do to make themselves sound smarter than they really are.
drisko wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:19 am
That probably wasn't clear at the time, but I doubt Bob ever watched anyone else's videos on the escapist after he joined.
He did 'recommend' people after he left. I think he recommended Sterling. What was notable about his recommendations were that he didn't recommend Yahtzee, despite slobbering all over his dick in his book and in various other places. At the time you would be forgiven for thinking that's because it's a no-brainer, I mean nobody goes to The Escapist without at least knowing Zero Punctuation. But then six months later in his big 'This is what I'm doing now that I've been fired' blog post he mentioned somebody who he thought was his friend who was instrumental in getting him fired. He didn't name names, obviously, but I'm thinking it was Yahtzee
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:17 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 am
He did 'recommend' people after he left. I think he recommended Sterling. What was notable about his recommendations were that he didn't recommend Yahtzee, despite slobbering all over his dick in his book and in various other places. At the time you would be forgiven for thinking that's because it's a no-brainer, I mean nobody goes to The Escapist without at least knowing Zero Punctuation. But then six months later in his big 'This is what I'm doing now that I've been fired' blog post he mentioned somebody who he thought was his friend who was instrumental in getting him fired. He didn't name names, obviously, but I'm thinking it was Yahtzee
The same way that he thinks he was bullied in high school when people just din't want to associate with him in the first places?

I'm putting money on the table that Ben and him didn't even cross a single email that was not work related and after they did, I'm sure that Blob's mind twisted the story from being BFF's into him personally making the case for his firing.

What most likely happened was Yahtzee staying on the sidelines and not speaking up like any normal person on a work environment and Bob, overreacting because he thinks his life is a movie.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:14 am

I don't doubt that Bob is probably blowing shit way out of proportion. But it's not inconceivable that Yahtzee may have said some small thing to Escapist editorial that basically sealed Bob's fate.

I remember an incident way back during the height of GG. Some histrionic fucktard working for PC Gamer or whatever wrote an article saying that if you use the PC Gaming Master Race meme, you're trivialising or even supporting the Nazis and the Holocaust and all that bullshit. Because Yahtzee effectively birthed the meme, he wrote a response saying that, while he thinks the people who use the meme unironically are retarded, only a histrionic fucktard would A) think that a harmless meme does all of that and B) try to control people's use of language as a result.

Leigh Alexander and some other GameJournosPro were up in arms about the article response because, they claimed, The Escapist effectively allowed Yahtzee to dictate their direction.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:47 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
But then six months later in his big 'This is what I'm doing now that I've been fired' blog post he mentioned somebody who he thought was his friend who was instrumental in getting him fired. He didn't name names, obviously, but I'm thinking it was Yahtzee
I doubt it, just because I doubt Yahtzee bothered getting involved in that crap. I'd say more likely it was his editor, who was tired of putting up with his shit, deciding it was time to shit can him.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:20 am

drisko wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:47 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
But then six months later in his big 'This is what I'm doing now that I've been fired' blog post he mentioned somebody who he thought was his friend who was instrumental in getting him fired. He didn't name names, obviously, but I'm thinking it was Yahtzee
I doubt it, just because I doubt Yahtzee bothered getting involved in that crap. I'd say more likely it was his editor, who was tired of putting up with his shit, deciding it was time to shit can him.
Just how much did Yahtzee hate Bob?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 am

I'm not sure he did, I just did a quick google search and there's nothing connecting the two aside from a panel they did with Jim Sterling back in 2012. That's it.

Kama

Post by Kama » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:31 pm

At some point I'm sure Bob trying to get a job will be his personal vietnam

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 pm

drisko wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:47 am
I don't deny that Blob is probably blowing shit way out of proportion. But consider, Yahtzee's the star of The Escapist. If Yahtzee went to Macris or whoever and said 'You can't fire Bob. We absolutely cannot do without Bob' then they might have in the very least considered keeping him. Editorial probably asked him what he thought about Bob and he might have given a non-committal response which Bob took as absolute betrayal. There's also to consider the fact that every mention that Yahtzee's made about Bob, except one, hasn't exactly been positive.
drisko wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 am
I'm not sure he did, I just did a quick google search and there's nothing connecting the two aside from a panel they did with Jim Sterling back in 2012. That's it.
They did a feature on The Escapist together called 'Extra Consideration'. It was basically a series of articles where they would discuss topics, and it was between Yahtzee, Blob and James Portnow of Extra Credits 'fame'. Portnow then twatted out and was replaced by Jim Sterling. I think the feature ended in 2012 or something. That and a few con appearances are pretty much the only times Yahtzee and Bob have ever been linked professionally, aside from working on the same site.
Kugelfisch wrote: