Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
David Penelope

Re: Movieblob

Post by David Penelope » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:20 am

I dunno, guys. I kind of like his videos.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 pm

drisko wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:17 am
Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:58 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:55 pm
I know he's not planning anything of that sort.
Who says? His ego is so overinflated he probably thought Prick-By-Prick was a good book.
He does, he just can't be bothered writing another one, he just made e-book versions of his Escapist reviews. He's already told his life story, now he has nothing else to write about without a guaranteed cheque coming.
I hope that he will one day novelize his retarded movie ideas. With the serial numbers filed off, of course.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:45 pm

These nobodies just tweet about polidix all day, as if they could get into an actual newspaper. It just feeds the mania, its fucking counter-intuitive.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:09 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 pm
drisko wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:17 am
Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Who says? His ego is so overinflated he probably thought Prick-By-Prick was a good book.
He does, he just can't be bothered writing another one, he just made e-book versions of his Escapist reviews. He's already told his life story, now he has nothing else to write about without a guaranteed cheque coming.
I hope that he will one day novelize his retarded movie ideas. With the serial numbers filed off, of course.
Nah, he's one of those guys who, if you mention you're a writer, immediately wants to tell you their idea for a story that they have no intention of ever making, they just like to think about how good it might be in their heads. He could easily make one of his movies on the cheap, but never will because that's too much work.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:18 am

I watched about 30 minutes of 'Paddington' the other day and it occured to me that MovieBob, while extremely retarded, is really no more retarded than your average Hollywood writer.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:47 am

If I remember correctly, Bob actually liked that movie.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:03 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:18 am
I watched about 30 minutes of 'Paddington' the other day and it occured to me that MovieBob, while extremely retarded, is really no more retarded than your average Hollywood writer.
The decline of Hollywood cinema is most evident with the current generation of screenwriters. Almost all the movies being made anymore have terrible, incompetent scripts. It's said no script is perfect, but you shouldn't be noticing plot holes as you're watching the film.
In previous generations, writers lived varied lives and put their life experience into their work. Now it's just a bunch of elitist losers that never worked a real job in their life (like Moviebob) that went straight from college to writing. Robert Orci, Alex Kurtzman, and Damon Lindenof are all this type.
お前はもう死んでいる。

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:48 am

Escapist has let all their paid reviewers go, except for Yahtzee, and are asking the community to offer work for free to fill the slots.

Wonder how Bob will take this. Will he dance a jig that the Escapist is falling without him, or whine like a bitch that instead of hiring him back they're just going to let anyone write a review?

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 am

Professional Games Journalism is an oxymoron.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:11 am

drisko wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:48 am
Wonder how Bob will take this. Will he dance a jig that the Escapist is falling without him, or whine like a bitch that instead of hiring him back they're just going to let anyone write a review?
Can't it be both?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette