Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 pm

What would he even teach? Over here you need a degree in a subject to teach that subject. Bob's degree (or so he claims) is in 'Interactive Multimedia Art, with a minor in Film and Journalism'. Are there many high schools that offer Interactive Multimedia Handbasket Weaving?
drisko wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 am
Secondly, because he's still so bitter about the jocks at school, he wants an excuse to humiliate them to get revenge on people who have probably forgotten his existence, but in Bob's mind this will be justice.
Odds are that if he goes into teaching. especially inner city, the jocks will still humiliate him
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:12 pm

They'll trigger him harder than in his childhood.

And I guess he might apply for literature class since he's a "professional" author.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:21 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 pm
What would he even teach? Over here you need a degree in a subject to teach that subject. Bob's degree (or so he claims) is in 'Interactive Multimedia Art, with a minor in Film and Journalism'.
So it's entirely worthless. Good to know.

One presumes the only skill he obtained from that degree was a knowledge of photoshop, and even that is suspect given the "quality" of his videos.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:07 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:12 pm
And I guess he might apply for literature class since he's a "professional" author.
You'd need an English degree. I would guess his English grades weren't too good, given his book and the fact that he chose to go for handbasket weaving instead.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:21 pm
So it's entirely worthless. Good to know.

One presumes the only skill he obtained from that degree was a knowledge of photoshop, and even that is suspect given the "quality" of his videos.
He's exactly like Chris-Chan with his CADD. Clearly Bob did fuck all at university because he doesn't even know how to use a green screen correctly.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:15 pm

An english degree is the gold standard for worthless college degrees, but journalism and film are on a lower-still garbage-tier of degrees. Right down there with music, photography and art.

Trust Blob to find the worst degree that can possibly be had.

If he wanted to be a teacher, he should have gone for a degree related to that, or else a degree in a specific field, such as Geography, Biology or (even) History. Hell, even fucking Meteorology, Oceanography and/or Archeology would be more promising.

He probably assumes that, because he's able to write shitty mario fanfic scripts for his 'tard e-celeb show, he could qualify to teach English. TBH he probably can if he's applying to tutor ESL.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:15 pm
An english degree is the gold standard for worthless college degrees

I would agree with you, as I did English myself, but if you actually want to become a teacher it's quite useful, as English is usually one of the mandatory three subjects students have to do at school and having a degree means you're qualified to teach it at all levels.
rabidtictac wrote:
He probably assumes that, because he's able to write shitty mario fanfic scripts for his 'tard e-celeb show, he could qualify to teach English. TBH he probably can if he's applying to tutor ESL.
Wouldn't he actually have to know at least some of a foreign language to be able to teach English as a second language?

The worst part is that Bob probably has no better an idea than we do of what he'd actually teach.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:18 am

I'm confused the motivation for him to head back to school. His Patreon is fairly robust and is actually trending upward, and that's in addition to whatever money he might make from ads or the limited amount he probably gets from his random writings. It might be forward-thinking for in case the Patreon money dries up, but not only does that feel un-Bob-like, it also makes a lot less sense than a part-time job, because the latter at least will pay you rather than you paying them.
rabidtictac wrote:
An english degree is the gold standard for worthless college degrees, but journalism and film are on a lower-still garbage-tier of degrees. Right down there with music, photography and art.
While I won't disagree on the general worthlessness of an English degree, I wouldn't put the other ones you mention lower. The others at least convey some abilities relevant to their field, even if you can get those abilities for cheaper elsewhere. Though I think film is probably really useful if you get it at one of the colleges that are strongly affiliated with actual filmmakers, like UCLA. English degree doesn't really confer much because if you want to head into writing, the kind of writing that actually pays money isn't the kind of writing you do in the English degree, and it's surprisingly scant on providing you with proofreading or grammar skills that would be required of being an editor (one can easily graduate with an English major and have no idea what a comma splice is).

Though the English degree, even if low on relevant skills, at least can look impressive and therefore might be of some help in a job search, which puts it ahead of a number of things that probably leave recruit officers thinking "wait, is that actually a thing?" like gender studies.
Last edited by Just Some Random Guy on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:28 am

Mmm, I learned that the hard way. I had to go out of my way to burn electives on "useful" courses. I had a writing minor mostly so I could take useful shit instead of garbage. When I say an english degree is worthless, I'm speaking from experience. Every cunt told me to take English for the jobs I wanted to do, but it was mostly unrelated to what I wanted. Goes to show you shouldn't listen to counselors, GG. Also a lot of the cunt counselors I went to had the toxic "education for its own sake" mindset and looked at me like I was crazy when I talked and getting education for an actual job.

But enough blog horse interchange. English degree is worthless, don't waste your time. It's all SJW lit classes and Bullshitting 101: Intro to Talking Shit. If you can BS like you know the material, you can score high without studying.

I assume he wants to go back to school because he longs to feel connected to what he sees as the social and intellectual elite of this country. Aka SJWs. Most of the ones he knows via the internet actively shun him and consider him toxic to their brands.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:10 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:28 am
I assume he wants to go back to school because he longs to feel connected to what he sees as the social and intellectual elite of this country. Aka SJWs. Most of the ones he knows via the internet actively shun him and consider him toxic to their brands.
He is probably feeling lonely, he works alone in his apartment (which I can relate, did that for a couple of years, and it is easy to lose touch with friends and a social life like that), probably has few to none friends, seen as he is difficult to be with and his brother is probably the only one who puts up with him. And now he wants a job that can give that to him.

And Bob doesn't want to teach kids guys, come on, he wants to get into universities, and their whole social circle. Bob wants to be what he likes the most, be the "smartest guy in the room".

But the thing about the academia is, either you fall in line with the current right thinking, or you don't even have a chance to get in, which I think Bob can fit if he keeps some of his more extreme opinions to himself (and he can do that, once someone form a higher "hierarchy" shows up, he bitches out). but I wonder how he would feel if he had to be in a circle that he doesn't get to be the "smartest guy in room".

But he won't follow throught, he will talk about this a bit more, maybe even enroll to some classes, but he will drop.

Same reason on why all his scrip and book idea will be always be just that, ideas. Tons and tons of people like that, who have all the greatest ideas, but never finished a single thing in their lives.

And that reason is... they are lazy. I mean, sure, Bob write for hours and records 4 hours of super hero movies analysis and all that shit... but here is the thing, if you pay attention to Bob's videos or collums, or even his Super Mario book, you will notice something, it's all just mental diarrhea.

There is no craft to his shit, no revision nor polish, he just types whatever the fuck comes to his mind, no wonder, even his 5 minutes reviews, feel bloated, festered with some shitty political commentary or some basic bitch pop-culture reference.

Bob doesn't like to go throught the process of destroying your own work to make a better one, whatever shit he tweets, you can be sure it will show up on his videos (like recently he called that Jedi girl from Star wars Gwenpool on twitter, thought it was the best anology he had, and put on his video).

And that is why Bob will never deal with the real thing that makes him so angry. All this nazi and Trump histeria is just a form to manifest his insatisfaction with his own life, the so called "impotent rage", because he isn't in the place he thinks he deserves to be.

And it's not like he is doing bad for himself, his patreon is doing quite well, and he does have a job and a steady audience in his channel, but for his ego, he's done shit and for a lot of people, he is a joke. Not to mention, time is ticking, and he still havent written that novel or script he KNOWS he has it in him.

But that is just it, people like Bob just think they have that talent, but withou actually DOING IT, and going throught the pains of creation, then you having nothing to show, and so far, at almost 40, Bob Chipman showed only that he is a one trick pony.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:51 am

Movieblob has a library inside him, he's so fat
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes