Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Capeshit was probably not even the greatest offenders. That probably goes to horror comics.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:53 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:47 am
You sure about the Comics Code? Golden Age Batman was no stranger to shooting people or breaking their fucking neck.
Which he stopped doing long before they even started talking about a 'Comics Code'
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Triggerhappy Batman was still Detective Comics times, no?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa, fuck off with that shit. What the fuck was gimmicky about the DS? The dual screen? The dual screen was a great idea, and pretty much the only "innovation" Nintendo had that was truly great. The touch screen? Oh quit feltching. It was the next logical step from the GBA.
Let's be honest here. The dual screen and stylus was just their way of standing out from the PlayStation Portable, which was a more powerful device in every other aspect. The Nintendo DS itself was really only barely step above the Game Boy Advance.
I will admit sometimes I do think that Nintendo should just bite the bullet and make a fucking PS4 with a Nintendo logo slapped on it, but let's not seriously act like the PS2 controller is top tier.
Nintendo did tried to make their own brand version of PlayStation. It was called the GameCube and it didn't sell all that well. There's a reason why all of their consoles since them have experimented with some gimmick. It makes them stand out from the usual Sony and Microsoft offerings despite not being as capable specs-wise, even if the Wii U was a bit of a misstep (what's the point of having a tablet controller if you can't even take it with you).

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:52 am

The gamecube would have been much more successful if they hadn't used proprietary mini disks. That was Nintendo's own arrogance fucking them over. They wanted small discs so you couldn't pirate/hack (I think), but it ended up that the small disks were a pain to build games around.

Because the system was hard to make games for, fewer companies bothered to make games for it, leading to the smaller library. If the gamecube had a library on par with the Xbox original, it would have done better. Let alone if it had a library on par with the PS2.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:52 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:40 pm
Capeshit was probably not even the greatest offenders. That probably goes to horror comics.
It was, they got completely destroyed by the code. the capes just had to tone down a little, and not even that much. Horror was pretty much taken out entirely.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:30 am

random thing but I seem to recall Moviebob said he hated GTA: San Andreas and I think blames that one as GTA's "downfall", coincidentally its the first GTA based more on the hood and having you play as a black guy

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:56 am

He either associated the gangsters with jawks, or he doesn't like darksies?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:14 am

Bit of both as I recall. He thought the gangsta rap craze was stupid and Rockstar was dumb for making a game featuring black gangs. That was the only one he didn't like though, in the video he kept emphasising that for all his criticisms, he liked GTA4, which was the newest one at the time. I highly doubt he actually played it, but the fact that of the main games (He skips the PSP ones) the ones he liked had white protagonists.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:16 am

It won't shock me if he just hated it because it was set in the 90's.