Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Spergey Kislak

Re: Movieblob

Post by Spergey Kislak » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:48 pm

I like how Blob insists on naming certain videos on a movie or TV series. "YOU ARE WRONG". I love that. Motherfucker can't just argue his case, he needs to project because he's scared he won't seem smart.
I like the Adam West Batman, but I usually have to be in a specific mood (read: stoned).

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Movieblob

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:57 pm

I'm happy with how Nintendo killed F-Zero. They ended the franchise with the best game in the series: F-Zero GX. A hardcore gamer's wet dream. Flawless high-speed perfection with a brutal difficulty.

Metroid has already been fucked over multiple times with Federation Force, Hunters and Mother. I'm sure some Nintendo exec is just thinking right now that "if we can just get Other M working again, because he's a funnier character than we've ever had." :D Nintendo doesn't recognize or acknowledge mistakes. Star Fox Zero was one of those games that couldn't have happened in a world where Nintendo listens to, cares about or admits to fan complaints. Nintendo spent 4 consoles cramming gimmick controls down their consumers' throats, against vehement protests from everyone except little kids and families that don't play anyway. We had the DS, 3DS, Wii AND WiiU all with their bullshit controller gimmicks that people didn't fucking like, or that vision gimmick the 3DS had that nobody used.

You know what people want, Nintendo? They want dual analogue sticks, a dpad that isn't shit and a conventional, ergonomic control layout. That's fucking all. The PS2 had that shit years ago.

It's SO OBVIOUS that 99% of other game companies would have just included an option for a gamecube controller in star fox zero, with no motion shit. Only Nintendo would have the arrogance to think they know the one perfect way their games must be experienced.

User avatar
da PAC Nigguh
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Movieblob

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Star Fox Zero could have been awesome. I 100% blame Miyamoto for forcing the awful gyro/GamePad/motion control bullshit. It reeks of the kind of "innovation" he thinks is needed with every new game.

I suspect there were lower-level devs begging to be allowed to include a normal dual analog Pro Controller option but were shut down.

User avatar
Pope Corky III
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: Movieblob

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:41 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:57 pm
I'm happy with how Nintendo killed F-Zero. They ended the franchise with the best game in the series: F-Zero GX. A hardcore gamer's wet dream. Flawless high-speed perfection with a brutal difficulty.

Metroid has already been fucked over multiple times with Federation Force, Hunters and Mother. I'm sure some Nintendo exec is just thinking right now that "if we can just get Other M working again, because he's a funnier character than we've ever had." :D Nintendo doesn't recognize or acknowledge mistakes. Star Fox Zero was one of those games that couldn't have happened in a world where Nintendo listens to, cares about or admits to fan complaints. Nintendo spent 4 consoles cramming gimmick controls down their consumers' throats, against vehement protests from everyone except little kids and families that don't play anyway. We had the DS, 3DS, Wii AND WiiU all with their bullshit controller gimmicks that people didn't fucking like, or that vision gimmick the 3DS had that nobody used.

You know what people want, Nintendo? They want dual analogue sticks, a dpad that isn't shit and a conventional, ergonomic control layout. That's fucking all. The PS2 had that shit years ago.

It's SO OBVIOUS that 99% of other game companies would have just included an option for a gamecube controller in star fox zero, with no motion shit. Only Nintendo would have the arrogance to think they know the one perfect way their games must be experienced.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, fuck off with that shit. What the fuck was gimmicky about the DS? The dual screen? The dual screen was a great idea, and pretty much the only "innovation" Nintendo had that was truly great. The touch screen? Oh quit feltching. It was the next logical step from the GBA.

As for the Wii, I have to say that motion control setup was a thousand times more intuitive for FPS's (and closer to how one would play them on PCs, aiming with the mouse and all) than those dumb ass second analog control sticks were. Fuck second analog control sticks! Learn dexterity and learn to aim you scrubs.

I will admit sometimes I do think that Nintendo should just bite the bullet and make a fucking PS4 with a Nintendo logo slapped on it, but let's not seriously act like the PS2 controller is top tier. Even dumbass razorfist thought the arwing controls for Star Fox Zero were fine.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Movieblob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Seele wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 pm
Metroid Prime 4 sounds good, but Retro Studios isn't working on it. The producer of Federation Force and Sticker Star will be involved. As long as Sakamoto is far the fuck away from the project, the better. Samus should be kept as a silent character. No boring monotone monologues about her husbando Adam or any of that sudden PTSD shit about Ridley, either.
Actually, I'd say a Metroid FPS with stupid monologue could be funny, provided her quality monologues are delivered in real-time, Stanley Parable style.

"I walked through an empty corridor. I shot a door to make it open. The darkness within seemed to devour me. I began to think about Adam again, and that weird monster Metroid I am emotionally attached to even though the only reason this crime agains nature didn't kill me was because it mistook me for its mother or something. Hey, look! More missiles! I wonder why the ammo storage of this suit seems to deteriorate after every mission. I guess the missiles hate me."

(And one really big thing that irked me about the PTSD scene was that they decided to turn her power suit into some kind of hard light hologram for more Zero Suit fanservice. That seems like a real design flaw considering that thing is supposed to allow its wearer to survive in space and friggin' magma.)

Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Re: Movieblob

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Goldeneye Wii with the Wiimote is a fucking dream. Online only had a few stages and 8 players max, but god the gameplay was so smooth and being able to turn my head and shoot like Solidus Snake while running was amazing.

Charlar
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Re: Movieblob

Post by Charlar » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:02 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:37 pm
Seele wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 pm
Metroid Prime 4 sounds good, but Retro Studios isn't working on it. The producer of Federation Force and Sticker Star will be involved. As long as Sakamoto is far the fuck away from the project, the better. Samus should be kept as a silent character. No boring monotone monologues about her husbando Adam or any of that sudden PTSD shit about Ridley, either.
Actually, I'd say a Metroid FPS with stupid monologue could be funny, provided her quality monologues are delivered in real-time, Stanley Parable style.

"I walked through an empty corridor. I shot a door to make it open. The darkness within seemed to devour me. I began to think about Adam again, and that weird monster Metroid I am emotionally attached to even though the only reason this crime agains nature didn't kill me was because it mistook me for its mother or something. Hey, look! More missiles! I wonder why the ammo storage of this suit seems to deteriorate after every mission. I guess the missiles hate me."

(And one really big thing that irked me about the PTSD scene was that they decided to turn her power suit into some kind of hard light hologram for more Zero Suit fanservice. That seems like a real design flaw considering that thing is supposed to allow its wearer to survive in space and friggin' magma.)
Not to mention HE knows there was a Manga he was editor/producer for that had Samus get over her ptsd YEARS before, Sakamoto is a hack
On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony and Tim Buckley

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Movieblob

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:02 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:41 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:57 pm
I'm happy with how Nintendo killed F-Zero. They ended the franchise with the best game in the series: F-Zero GX. A hardcore gamer's wet dream. Flawless high-speed perfection with a brutal difficulty.

Metroid has already been fucked over multiple times with Federation Force, Hunters and Mother. I'm sure some Nintendo exec is just thinking right now that "if we can just get Other M working again, because he's a funnier character than we've ever had." :D Nintendo doesn't recognize or acknowledge mistakes. Star Fox Zero was one of those games that couldn't have happened in a world where Nintendo listens to, cares about or admits to fan complaints. Nintendo spent 4 consoles cramming gimmick controls down their consumers' throats, against vehement protests from everyone except little kids and families that don't play anyway. We had the DS, 3DS, Wii AND WiiU all with their bullshit controller gimmicks that people didn't fucking like, or that vision gimmick the 3DS had that nobody used.

You know what people want, Nintendo? They want dual analogue sticks, a dpad that isn't shit and a conventional, ergonomic control layout. That's fucking all. The PS2 had that shit years ago.

It's SO OBVIOUS that 99% of other game companies would have just included an option for a gamecube controller in star fox zero, with no motion shit. Only Nintendo would have the arrogance to think they know the one perfect way their games must be experienced.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, fuck off with that shit. What the fuck was gimmicky about the DS? The dual screen? The dual screen was a great idea, and pretty much the only "innovation" Nintendo had that was truly great. The touch screen? Oh quit feltching. It was the next logical step from the GBA.

As for the Wii, I have to say that motion control setup was a thousand times more intuitive for FPS's (and closer to how one would play them on PCs, aiming with the mouse and all) than those dumb ass second analog control sticks were. Fuck second analog control sticks! Learn dexterity and learn to aim you scrubs.

I will admit sometimes I do think that Nintendo should just bite the bullet and make a fucking PS4 with a Nintendo logo slapped on it, but let's not seriously act like the PS2 controller is top tier. Even dumbass razorfist thought the arwing controls for Star Fox Zero were fine.
The stylus was totally unnecessary and makes some games worse, like Dawn of Sorrow. I don't want to draw a fucking pentagram to seal a demon with my fake plastic pen. It's also another piece that's very easy to lose and then you have to use an actual pen or your finger or some shit. The stylus sucks ass and the dual screen also isn't great. I only can look at one thing at a fucking time. Two screens is stupid unless you're a streamer/video editor.

I'm not saying the ps2 controller is top tier or the best. I'm saying, EVEN BACK THEN, the PS2 had the bare minimum of what gamers wanted. Gamers wanted dual analogue ever since the ps1 came up with the idea.

Also, the motion controls had the potential to be okay for FPS and some niche things like that, but when they don't fucking work, it just gets you killed.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Movieblob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:21 am

Which games require the stylus these days, anyways? I can only think of rhythm games, or Etrian Odyssey games where you use it to draw the maps.

User avatar
drisko
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:12 pm

Re: Movieblob

Post by drisko » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:08 am

Spergey Kislak wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:48 pm
I like how Blob insists on naming certain videos on a movie or TV series. "YOU ARE WRONG". I love that. Motherfucker can't just argue his case, he needs to project because he's scared he won't seem smart.
I like the Adam West Batman, but I usually have to be in a specific mood (read: stoned).
I'd say it's more a case of he thinks very lowly of his audience because he believes himself to be this high intellectual. So if something is slightly difficult to him it must be impossible for the unwashed masses. Even outside of these types of videos, count how many times he talks down to the audiences, assumes they're complete idiots who know nothing. He assumes he's telling everyone new information even if he's mentioned it before, assumes that the basic elements in pop culture are secrets only he and a few select people know (For example, did you know Super Mario Bros. 2 was a reskin of Doki Doki Panic? Of course you didn't, because no one read Nintendo Power aside from Bob).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vaporwear and 6 guests