Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Movieblob

Post by Charlar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:30 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:29 am
There is nothing to improve in his mind. They're already perfect.
They ARE perfect though, perfectly awful that is
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:59 am

They could be worse. Have any of you ever seen any of Peter Coffin's videos?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:59 am
They could be worse. Have any of you ever seen any of Peter Coffin's videos?
No and i don't intend to ever those
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Be thankful for your ignorance. Peter Coffin makes MovieBob look like Steven Spielberg
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:15 am

All right, I think I can stomach Bob again, let's give this a shot.

First up, a 2 and a half minute intro where he explains that he didn't see many movies this year unless work told him to because of personal issues that have made 2017 bad for him and he's not optimistic about 2018, though he's not going into specifics because he doesn't want to be seen as whining or attention whoring. I'd say his Dad dying would make that understandable but we all know he means Trump getting elected. So a lot of the most obvious ones aren't going to be on the list because he hasn't seen them. Hasn't stopped him before but whatever. He then explains that the ones he did see, he thought were okay or just weird and not bad in the case of Book of Henry.

Also, because patreon isn't enough, since his best of video got flagged for content ID and lost the revenue, he's now putting up a still image saying CONTENT ID IS BULLSHIT instead of trailer footage so he doesn't lose any money. Anyway, here's the list.

10 - Birth of the Dragon
9 - The Circle
8 - King Arthur
7 - Power Rangers
6 - The Greatest Showman
5 - The Emoji Movie
4 - The Dark Tower
3 - Justice League
2 - American Assassin
1 - The Mummy

So the only movie I watched on this was Justice League and yeah, it was bad, but it's more Bob bitching about how DC needs to die and that they need to just quit and give up already. The Circle is more of his 'how dare anyone question our corporate overlords" and Power Rangers is just more millennial bashing. Kind of disappointed, really, there's nothing for me to talk about.

You guys see any of those movies?

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Dark Tower was terrible. As a long time Dark Tower fan that shit his pants when Uncle Steve almost got smeared in the road in 1999, it was an abomination.

I'm surprised rape enabler Bob Chipman didn't love it because they took an established white character in the books and made him Stringer Bell for the movie.

sigh

Post by sigh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:03 pm

drisko wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:15 am
9 - The Circle
He should love this movie:
  • Choose someone at random and make the social media hate-mob: catch a criminal/ destroy someone's live
  • We should force people to use our platform/ make using it necessary to vote/ we are big enough to enforce it
  • PRIVACY IS THEFT
  • SECRETS ARE LIES
  • SHARING IS CARING
Packaged with Emma Watson's bland soulless expressionless face, John Boyega playing some autistic genius coder that never realized how the shit he created may be misused and some Tom Hanks for good measure.
Everything wrapped in a bow.

Even if he didn't like the underlying narrative that a corporation like that is evil, he should love the premise.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Saw Power Rangers, but I'm happy I didn't pay anyone to see it. About all I can say is that it wasn't worth the time, and that it's a very confused movie.

It's one of those reboots that you can tell that no one with any control either liked or even knew about the original series, but they were bound to it and required to constantly reference the original in really stupid ways.

They interpreted 'five teens with attitude' as 'five token edgelords... I mean barely functioning emotional wrecks' and also somehow managed to make the costumes and all the robots look profoundly stupider than when it was a bunch of actual toys and a guy in a suit running around cardboardopolis..

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Watched a pirated copy of The Emoji Movie with Korean subtitles. Or part of it anyway. I sure wasn't giving money to Sony just to see what all the fuss was about. :roll:

It's a complete nothing movie. Not even worth getting angry about. You could play a game of what character/plot point are they're ripping off from The Lego Movie/Wreck it Ralph/Inside Out, and that's literally every single plot point and character in the movie. But they were all made blander. The only other things in the movie besides shameless ripping off are dull action scenes based around selling cell phone apps. It's like the multimillion dollar animated version of one of those mockbusters cranked out by Asylum or Studio Brinquedo (or whatever that Brazilian company is called), except those occasionally have moments and special effects that are so bad they're funny.

I don't think it deserves to be on worst-of lists. That implies that it's notable in some way and is giving it more attention than it deserves.

Bad News Bunnyman

Post by Bad News Bunnyman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Shocked he didn't put Dunkirk as the worst film because starred exclusively white people, British white people at that.