Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:11 pm

drisko wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:15 am
7 - Power Rangers
B-b-but Bob, it was the first ever superhero movie with a lesbian and an autist! The evil jawks must hate that!
Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:21 pm
They interpreted 'five teens with attitude' as 'five token edgelords... I mean barely functioning emotional wrecks' and also somehow managed to make the costumes and all the robots look profoundly stupider than when it was a bunch of actual toys and a guy in a suit running around cardboardopolis..
I like how the mammoth Zord is basically some weird insect-thing, or how the MegaZord doesn't even try to look like a combiner.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:16 pm

drisko wrote:
Power Rangers is just more millennial bashing.
Has anyone ever tried to tell him that he is a millennial. It's just like Bob and his narcissism to try and attach himself to a generation that accomplished more than he ever will.
drisko wrote:
You guys see any of those movies?
I don't think I actually went to the cinema this year. Money well saved.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:59 pm

The Greatest Showman really is that bad. You sit there the whole time thinking "you know, this probably isn't what really happened." Its so saccharine and polished. The number at the beginning is pretty good, and I almost thought the rest of the movie would be like that.
The only one with decent pipes as Jackman, everyone else gets autotuned. In the duet Jackman has with Michelle Williams (who is playing with his wife) near the beginning of the movie she straight up gets fucking dubbed over for part of it.
Its pretty astounding. I was surprised.

Blob's being a sperg about Justice League, nothing new there.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:11 pm
drisko wrote:
7 - Power Rangers
B-b-but Bob, it was the first ever superhero movie with a lesbian and an autist! The evil jawks must hate that!
He actually brought that up and acknowledged it was good, then went into the bashing teenagers bit.

Also, something I forgot to mention, he brought up his misguided idea that a movie is only ever cut down in length if the producers think it's a piece of unsalvageable shit. Not for Justice League, think it was for Dark Tower. Now any one who knows even a smidge of Hollywood business knows that movies are cut down all the time, in fact many great movies were cut down to save on post-production costs or to help the pacing by trimming scenes that don't really add anything.

If he ever made a film it'd probably end up being three hours long.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 am

drisko wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 am
Now any one who knows even a smidge of Hollywood business knows that movies are cut down all the time, in fact many great movies were cut down to save on post-production costs or to help the pacing by trimming scenes that don't really add anything.
Or for legal reasons. I watched Nixon again lately and apparently Richard Helms (the CIA Director played by Sam Waterston in the film) managed to get hold of and read the script for the film before it came out, and was so angry at his depiction that he threatened to sue the production. So what Oliver Stone did was cut the scenes with him in for the theatrical version, and then slyly put them back in for the director's cut DVD.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 am

So 1:20 he gets into the politics about how Brexit and Trump have destroyed western civilisation and now Disney is going to take power and create the global technocracy he wants since Tomorrowland means they obviously want to create the superior future he wants. Yikes, that didn't take long.

So 2:40 in he finally gets to it and says Luke's character arc was a good choice, and compares it to Logan by outlining the similarities, especially the 'hero is now an old recluse and dismisses the positive feelings of the old stories we love' bit. Except that worked in Logan because from the beginning, Wolverine was dismissive of the X-Men, he was always a loner and was always depicted as an outsider. Logan showing where those traits got him works because it makes sense that the character would go that way. But Luke was never a loner, he had friends, embraced the rebellion and only ever left to grow as a Jedi, but always came back. So it's a false equivalency, as the SJWs would put it.

So he goes on to say that it was disappointing intentionally because like Rey, you're expecting this noble hero and then get what the movie gave you. Ignoring that everyone got that part, it's just that they still didn't like it. Then he talks about how purple general was also done well because she was made suspicious so you sided with Poe. Again, everyone understood that, but she still came across like a fucking idiot.

I kind of zoned out for the rest but basically it's just another "No one is as smart as me so they can't have noticed these intelligent subtleties that I did" except that those parts are so blatant everyone saw them coming video where he's just there to wank. Maybe it gets better, but I don't have the brain power to keep going.

TRUST THE DRISKO... AND DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT

Maybe I should make that my sig or something

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:28 am

drisko wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 am

So 1:20 he gets into the politics about how Brexit and Trump have destroyed western civilisation and now Disney is going to take power and create the global technocracy he wants since Tomorrowland means they obviously want to create the superior future he wants. Yikes, that didn't take long.

So 2:40 in he finally gets to it and says Luke's character arc was a good choice, and compares it to Logan by outlining the similarities, especially the 'hero is now an old recluse and dismisses the positive feelings of the old stories we love' bit. Except that worked in Logan because from the beginning, Wolverine was dismissive of the X-Men, he was always a loner and was always depicted as an outsider. Logan showing where those traits got him works because it makes sense that the character would go that way. But Luke was never a loner, he had friends, embraced the rebellion and only ever left to grow as a Jedi, but always came back. So it's a false equivalency, as the SJWs would put it.

So he goes on to say that it was disappointing intentionally because like Rey, you're expecting this noble hero and then get what the movie gave you. Ignoring that everyone got that part, it's just that they still didn't like it. Then he talks about how purple general was also done well because she was made suspicious so you sided with Poe. Again, everyone understood that, but she still came across like a fucking idiot.

I kind of zoned out for the rest but basically it's just another "No one is as smart as me so they can't have noticed these intelligent subtleties that I did" except that those parts are so blatant everyone saw them coming video where he's just there to wank. Maybe it gets better, but I don't have the brain power to keep going.

TRUST THE DRISKO... AND DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT

Maybe I should make that my sig or something
What an absolute retard
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:25 pm

Clicked because I wanted to see if Bob actually sounded scary with his kill the white working class rant. Only slightly.

Also his Miscarriage of Acchild dig (which comes right afterwords) was adorably unfunny. Seems more like kicking someone when they're down (which doesn't surprise me at all) rather than a genuine attack.

The funniest part of what little I watched was that there was a fitness ad for the video.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 pm

drisko wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 am
Bob, you stereotypical, fat, ignorant yank I doubt you could find Britain on a map do not talk about my country.

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Went to check out what Moviebob has been up to, bu it's the usual superior future crap and Trump posts, nothing new, he is just doing his resisting thing... But this caught my attention:

https://foxdickfarms.net/attachments/muhrep-jpg.354792/
https://foxdickfarms.net/attachments/muhrep0-jpg.354790/

I know he used the weasel words "in my opinion", but this is quite some racist shit right here.

"Oh hey, the blackies now have their own multi-million dollar super-hero movie! I'm so glad now black kids will grow up with these role models just like I did! Can't wait to see them with Black Panther halloween costumes, I'm so happy them"

"hey asians, I know you guys have a millenar culture, which I respect very much, but now you guys have a star wars character! I'm so happy for you, now you can be just like me and be represented in a cynical cash grab hollywood movie"

But the thing that got me was this "emphaty" thing, what the fuck Bob, now I need to watch hollywood basic bitch heroes movies and clap because a non white character is on screen? and why, because this is good for their community, because this shows I care about about my fellow human beings?

I don't mind that the new Mary Jane in the Spiderman movies is black (very soft black, here is pretty much white but whatever), but why should it elevate the movie because of social issue in the real world? Why should I look down on black people so much that I think they need this in order to be validaded as a color, when they have already their own identity?

Also i love the whole "yeah its just my opinion" and the fatass implies that if you aren't into the whole representation thing, you are a sociopath.

Go fuck yourself Bob, just go fuck yourself....