Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:32 am

OldManBones wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:05 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:04 am
I can't even imagine how Bob would manage to rape anybody over the age of two
He just needs to pull out his "hey kid, I know Mario" line.

http://imgur.com/a/p2xco
Except they're all into Pokemon now, if that. What are the fads that kids have these days? When I was a kid we had Pokemon, Beyblade and Yu-Gi-Oh. Maybe it's because I'm not a kid myself, and I don't know any kids, but they don't seem to have many fads these days.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:37 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:32 am
OldManBones wrote:
Keith Chegwin wrote:

Except they're all into Pokemon now, if that. What are the fads that kids have these days? When I was a kid we had Pokemon, Beyblade and Yu-Gi-Oh. Maybe it's because I'm not a kid myself, and I don't know any kids, but they don't seem to have many fads these days.
Why'd you have to go and mention Beyblade... I wore out my Dragoon's shitty base. :lol:
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:37 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:32 am
OldManBones wrote:
Keith Chegwin wrote:

Fidget spinners.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:42 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:28 am
Charlar wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:00 pm
Meanwhile you terminal level of shit taste and autism.
Defending the DC in [current year]+2 won't make Amy Rose real, bruh.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:10 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:01 pm
Like The Goddess Lupa, god's console will always exist in our hearts and minds. Plus you can still buy them for like $50.
That is until Pat the NES Cuck and friends try to drive the price up.
I can't wait until MetalFaggotRocks uncovers hidden gems like Sanic Spergventure or Shen-QTE-mue.
Poonoo wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:14 am
AwesomePizza wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:07 am

I don't know where the myth of the Dreamcast
came from.
People looking back at the system realising it wasn't as shit as they thought it was.
But it wasn't far off either. The console itself is unreliable junk with a shit controller. The game library was just bad. While games became more open, most of the big games on the DC were fairly limited arcadey games. Shenmue wasn't but that's really just "QTE: The Game: The Movie". It's a really nice game for people that don't actually lik
Nice try but ad hominems aren't an argument, also i don't give a fuck about Amy Rose. You have shit most of the time and isn't time take your meds for your autism
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:33 am

So mad you can't even quote right anymore. Wasn't it you that actually had the 'tism?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Poor, poor, Bob Chipman. He was the angry fat guy in high school no one wanted to talk to and now he's the angry creepy guy in his late 30s that no one wants to talk to.

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:40 am

Well, it was only a matter of time:

Okay, first minute is him pointing out how basic his ideas are, but still congratulates himself, then a minute and a half in he talks about how while he guesses a Mario animated movie would be okay, a live action adaptation would be better because that gives you, and I'm quoting here "A visceral, tactile sense of something imaginary having been brought to life." Yep.

Four minutes in, he plugs his blog post pitch before FINALLY getting into the meat of it... and it's the two plumbers from Brooklyn deal he's been stuck on since he was a kid, because it makes more sense storywise apparently. If they're from the mushroom kingdom, they'd have to do all the video game jokes at the start and you have to explain why they're plumbers in the mushroom kingdom going to save a princess. Yes Bob, even though everyone's accepted that shit for more than twenty years, their minds would be broken if it happened in a movie.

So the explanation for their 'powers' in the Superman route and Bob spends a few minutes talking about basic storytelling shit. Pretty sure he's projecting by making Mario want more from life than being a simple plumber but whatever. Also, Wizard of Oz would be a big inspiration as well as another old movie I've immediately forgotten. Onto Princess Peach being the damsel, he decides she still needs to be one because otherwise there'd be no reason to go fight Bowser if she's with the brothers (I can think of plenty of ways to do that but whatever) because changing elements from the original is always bad, which he points out by throwing another jab at the comic franchises that aren't Marvel.

He's not as spergy as he was for Spiderman but he's still wrapped up in his own nostalgia, insisting nothing can be added to the film that wasn't from the games, except for character stuff so that we can stretch it out to 90 minutes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:21 pm

drisko wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:40 am
Okay, first minute is him pointing out how basic his ideas are, but still congratulates himself, then a minute and a half in he talks about how while he guesses a Mario animated movie would be okay, a live action adaptation would be better because that gives you, and I'm quoting here "A visceral, tactile sense of something imaginary having been brought to life." Yep.
They could, like, make a Mario movie done in the original Star Wars trilogy style.

But yeah, he's stupid. There's nothing to be gained from going live-action. Only the few human characters could possibly survive the live-action conversion. They'd probably turn Bowser into the love child of Godzilla and Gamera.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:38 pm

Jesus Christ.. been a while since I've watched a Bob video, and I was impressed on how bad he is as video maker.

looking directly at the camera with a sunglass, where everybody can see the light's hotspot, and the computer he is clearly reading his lines from, he cuts mid sentences, his audio mix is all over the place, this is a mess. For all the professional talk, Bob's videos are amateur as fuck. At least this time the green screen seems to be working.

And then there is the whole Mario pitch. He says he is just using screewritter 101, and it shows, but he says so smugly as in "I can crap out a better movie than these hollywood hacks", but it is a lot of disjointed ideas, and really boring ones at that.

The cool thing about Mario is how abstract the series is, and it's one of the reasons no one is asking for a Mario movie, unlike Zelda. But even if you need to have a mario movie, why stick around with this shitty 101 hero's journey when the original material doesn´t really fit that (and they have stuff that do, again, Zelda).

And if we really need a mario movie (and we don´t), get the guys from the Batman lego movie and have them go crazy, no crappy introduction of two pumblers from our world, no crappy 1st act fish out of water jokes, no wasting people's time stablishing the mushroom kingdom when everybody knows about this shit.

Fuck me, Moviebob is lame... this whole "pitch a movie thing" is typical loser talk of people who never wrote anything worthy in their lives and, while never admitting it out loud, think they can do it better than the professionals.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:42 pm

drisko wrote:
he guesses a Mario animated movie would be okay, a live action adaptation would be better because that gives you, and I'm quoting here "A visceral, tactile sense of something imaginary having been brought to life." Yep.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's Linkara level autism.
drisko wrote:
Four minutes in, he plugs his blog post pitch before FINALLY getting into the meat of it... and it's the two plumbers from Brooklyn deal he's been stuck on since he was a kid, because it makes more sense storywise apparently.
Every time. He'll never ever admit it doesn't fucking matter that Mario is from the Mushroom Kingdom. Right before he dies he'll mutter to himself "MARIO IS FROM BROOKLYN!"
drisko wrote:
changing elements from the original is always bad, which he points out by throwing another jab at the comic franchises that aren't Marvel.
Didn't he once compare Joss Whedon's Avengers movies to the first two Godfather films?