Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
wildmage

Re: Movieblob

Post by wildmage » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:48 pm

Nigga, I ain't giving Bob no clicks.

But seriously, Hollywood is staffed with diversity consultants that fall into 1 of 2 categories: Shakedown agents, cast there to funnel funds into whatever donationbox the mother agency sent them and who stand up to the critics or protesters when the movie ruffles any feathers (it's the equivalent of "hey I have a black friend"); and number 2, perpetually offended autists that can name 50 different slurs for cherokee on the fly. This is the group that is in every writer's meeting; cast selection and even catering commitee to make sure that there's nothing that could be associated to anything that would make group 1 go into damage control.

Blacks = Apes is 101 in niggerology so there's no fucking way that slipped by. Bob reaching out is just Bob.

Plus, here's an idiot that tried to spin things in that direction and he got fucking laughed off Twitter:

http://imgur.com/UmYkkoE

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:57 pm

One can't even make a movie about sentient apes anymore without fear of racist allegations. That's up there "The Smurfs are fascist propaganda" in terms of being butthurt for the sake of being butthurt.

(It's also really sad if you have to use Funko Pops as "proof" for your theories.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:02 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:57 pm
One can't even make a movie about sentient apes anymore without fear of racist allegations. That's up there "The Smurfs are fascist propaganda" in terms of being butthurt for the sake of being butthurt.

(It's also really sad if you have to use Funko Pops as "proof" for your theories.)
The theory I was proving is that, the movie is such non-offensive to black people that when some opportunistic perpetual victim tries to start a campaign (to fill his own coffers) with the racist line of thought, he is called an idiot by his very own fans.

Bob saying this is, somehow, tied to BLM is 2 steps removed from full blown mental retardation.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:23 pm

I was more referring to that tweet. One should never use funko pops if one wants to be taken seriously.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:49 pm

We should probably hammer into him in the JewTube comments for conflating blacks with apes.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Roker

Post by Roker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 pm

I didn't watch the review, but it seems like he really jumped on that Planet of the Apes thing. In addition to the review, he also did an article specifically about the politics of the movie. It seems to be less about BLM, and more about immigration in general. (Not that that's much better.)
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:57 pm
According to his article, ALL the PotA movies had these sort of themes.
Bob Chipman wrote:The original film satirized the then still-controversial evolution debate and touched on themes of slavery, class and government corruption. The sequel (Beneath The Planet of The Apes) was a bleak warning about the dangers of a nuclear holocaust. Escape From The Planet of The Apes, the third installment, starts out as a fish-out-of-water comedy but shifts into a grim allegory for persecuted immigrant families. Conquest of The Planet of The Apes (part 4) was a barely-concealed message-movie about then-recent “race riots” that came down so firmly on the side of the rioters that the studio ordered extra dialogue be added to the finale for fear of being seen as directly inciting violence. Even the much-maligned fifth film, Battle For The Planet of The Apes, is fixated on questions of who gets to write history – and why.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:49 pm
We should probably hammer into him in the JewTube comments for conflating blacks with apes.
I just did. Let's see if he deletes my comment or let's his fishes take the bait and try and work their heads around it.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:58 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:49 pm
I just did. Let's see if he deletes my comment or let's his fishes take the bait and try and work their heads around it.
Should the Sjws be baited too, they would tear his ass
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:47 am

drisko wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:54 am
He just reads out the premise of the movie, and then says "I don't want to spoil anything" even though he isn't adding anything.
Blob is a games and movie reviewer. Makes sense he'd combine the laziness of the former with the pretentiousness of the latter.

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:33 am

It does make me laugh a little that his Game Overthinker series now seems to comprise entirely of "top ten" videos. Really engaging the old noggin there, aren't we Bobby Boy?