Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 pm

It's like they believe that a good and diverse enough Hollywood blockbuster will cause word peace.

And why would Asians need Star Wars to feel represented? They churn out enough movies, TV shows and comics on their own.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

OldManBones

Post by OldManBones » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:41 pm

It's pretty fucking retarded. It's like when everyone was crying about the live action Ghost in the Shell, acting like the Hollywood version would be the one to fucking matter the most. Idiots like them cry about diversity and culture but only give a shit about it if a major corporate American movie studio is the one that give them said diversity and culture to validate their miniscule worldview.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:45 pm

It's interesting that he would mention empathy, because he certainly doesn't have any
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 pm
It's like they believe that a good and diverse enough Hollywood blockbuster will cause word peace.
Like good communists they're only interested in the propaganda aspects of film. They hear something like how Indiana Jones inspired people to become archaeologists, or how Wall Street inspired people to become investment bankers, or how Star Trek inspired people to become astronauts, and think that any propaganda laden piece-of-shit film they churn out is going to inspire their pet minorities to become god knows what. Of course, you can't engineer something like that. Spielberg and Lucas didn't sit around saying 'We need more people in archaeology' and then made a film about it.

Their shit is never going to inspire anyone to do anything because it's pure disposable trash.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 pm

I don't post in this thread often but I just want to remind everyone here that I really, really hate this man.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:06 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 pm

And why would Asians need Star Wars to feel represented? They churn out enough movies, TV shows and comics on their own.
It's because America is so insular in their entertainment they assume everything outside of the world is exactly like the US. When Scarlet Johansen got cast in Ghost in the Shell, people were crying about white washing, but every Japanese person was cool with it because Japan is 98% Japs anyway, so if they want someone who looks like them they can go see any movie or TV show they've made.

You don't really need Hollywood to make these movies, all China/Japan/Bollywood/etc. need to do is make sure they get a good take where the actors are speaking English and then license their movies to an American distributor. That way, instead of a bunch of dumbass Americans trying to tell a story about a country they know jack shit about with an American spin on things, you get something from the actual culture. Of course, we're talking about a country that freaks out every time they find out another state does something differently so it might end up scaring away any audience.

OldManBones

Post by OldManBones » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 pm
I don't post in this thread often but I just want to remind everyone here that I really, really hate this man.
Bob somehow manages to get under my skin to a degree not other internet nobodies can, despite him bordering on total irrelevancy in the e-celeb marketplace. He's like a bad rash, not life threatening, but just won't go away. I'm just glad he doesn't have the audience or income someone like Jim Sterling has. I don't think I could take it if Moviebob was listened to seriously by anyone other than his small deluded fanbase.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:57 am

Bob's just a piece of shit

drisko

Post by drisko » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 am

OldManBones wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 am
RAPEMAN wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 pm
Bob somehow manages to get under my skin to a degree not other internet nobodies can, despite him bordering on total irrelevancy in the e-celeb marketplace. He's like a bad rash, not life threatening, but just won't go away. I'm just glad he doesn't have the audience or income someone like Jim Sterling has. I don't think I could take it if Moviebob was listened to seriously by anyone other than his small deluded fanbase.
I'd say he gets to people not just because he's wrong but because he's so confident and arrogant in his wrongness being the truth. He's the real life version of Brainy Smurf. But he has no self-awareness, otherwise Pixels would have been his favourite movie because Adam Sandler's character is basically him.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 am

The only thing worse than a total idiot is a total idiot who thinks he's smart
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Why is this person still not getting wedgied.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.