Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:32 pm

Charlar wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:40 pm
First one was when Moviebob was talking about Wikileaks https://archive.is/5axWF
Your link doesn't work
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:29 am

Found it, there's a reddit thread talking about a series of tweets Bob made. He was whining about wikileaks publishing the stuff about the DNC being rigged. But because the DNC is a private organisation (is it?) and them not wanting Sanders "mucking up the primaries" that makes it all right.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:19 pm

I'm fairly sure that a political party can't be a private organisation.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:51 pm

But they can certainly be "bought" by one.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:58 pm

More like bought by a dozen. Shillary's bank account alone would make your head spin from all the "sponsors" and "donators".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:48 am

So he hasn't actually reviewed it yet, but he's spending 18 minutes talking about why he's doing a Really That Bad. He starts off saying he really doesn't want to do this, whines about Cinema Sins because it's "a blight on movie discourse as a show" and then talks about how much attention and money the Pixels video got him, then he starts talking about his mission statement about going after popular movies that aren't as talked about and equates it to science. Then he goes on a rant about how all these movies he's reviewed are so intelligent and deep. We're fucking five minutes in and he still hasn't finished the point he was trying to make at the start of this video.

Six minutes in, he plugs the patreon and states he isn't making enough money ($3000 a month, plus whatever he gets from Geek, plus ad revenue sounds like a good number) to do something he doesn't enjoy, and then plugs Lindsey's whole plate videos. Now we're finally getting back to the point, he's tired of 'nit-picking as deep analysis" and yes, he is serious, he decided to do a one off episode about a terrible disaster of a movie that failed on every count, in the same way that the good movies he's reviewed succeeded on every count... and yes, he is still serious. At one point he considered Passion of the Christ but decided against it because then he'd have to go into his Catholic upbringing and the havoc it plays with his emotional and spiritual development so it'd just be therapy... even though he could, you know, not talk about that shit.

Eight and a half minutes in and he finally, finally starts talking about BvS, though he's still sucking his own ego off while doing so. He even goes after The Incredibles by likening it to Objectivism, which is odd because you'd think that'd make him like it more. And then back to his ego wanking for eight minutes minutes that culminates in a rant about how it's the ultimate example of everything that's wrong in the film industry and society.

Yeah, there's no way I'm watching that video. There's only so much Bob I can stomach and this video pushed me to the limit.

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:01 am

Yeah, I saw the "preview" video on the sidebar and thought I'd watch it to get an idea of what he'd be sperging about BvS as not to bother watching the actual thing.

Then I saw the length and noped the hell outta there.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:55 pm

So has Bob said anything about the fact that his hero and mentor Devin Faraci has pretty much destroyed the Alamo Drafthouse franchise because everyone Devin knows is turning out to be a sexual predator?

No "bad targets", right Blobbert?

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Nah, Bob has cast Faraci away a loooong time ago.

And I would feel bad for Faraci, who seems he won't be able to land a gig anytime soon. But that is the bed he made.

Jon tron went on a quasi-facist rant and Pewdiepie said Nigger to millions of people, and they are still fine, why? Because who like them don't care about this.

Faraci on the other hand? He jerked that self-rightous dick of his in front of everybody, and thus earning the hate of the people who now won't let it go of his transgression.... But what is really bad for him is that, unlike Pewdiepie and Jontron, who have fans that don't care about this internet politics, Faraci surrounded himself with people who do, and once this this whole story came about, turned their backs on him, because all they care is their own self preservation on this call out culture they have brought up.

People won't let it go for Faraci, but he can only blame himself for the environment he is in.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:27 pm

If money is too tight why doesn't Blob move to a cheaper place?