Pat the NES Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Pat the NES Cunt

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:16 pm

It's a "remake" in only the loosest sense.

Shit gameplay
Hallway design that makes FF13 look good
Scripted to fuck with no interactions outside of those on the main rollercoaster experience
Bunch of new, shitty characters introduced to pad the length of Midgard into a full gayme
Square plans to sell you two more exactly like this, with the same reused assets from this game/FF15
Entire game seems like an FF15 conversion mod

Square being square. They haven't made a good game since when? At least the ps2 era, I wanna say. At least, no good main franchise games since then, if not earlier.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:38 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:34 pm
FF9 is a greatest hits album of the entire franchise up to that point, and the protagonist isn't a emo faggot, so that helps immensely. The idea of souls recycling and another planet trying to usurp yours so their people can live is kinda neat as a plot device. I liked the item crafting, jobs, and combat. The airships all looked really fucking cool.

Kuja was gay looking as fuck and an emo faggot which just made killing him all the more enticing. Same deal with """"Queen"""" Branhe, the tranny. FF9 is based, whereas FF7 with its disgusting cross dressing and gay sex scene is an abomination that festered generations of unchecked autism and degeneracy.
I see a man of taste. FF7 is fucking garbage. At least FF6 had real magic and real magical people, not a bunch of stupid shizo earth whisperers and a big company mass producing magical stones.
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:55 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:46 pm
Shit like this is why I stopped clamouring for remakes and remasters of games. I knew War Craft 3 would be shit for instance. I've saved hundreds of dollars in the last decade that I would've been insane to spend on this.
Best-case scenario for a remake is usually "Cool, know I can run this in widescreen without mods". Though most of the time you end up with something whose spiced-up graphics and/or new engine cause the game to run worse than it did before.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:56 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:16 pm
Square being square. They haven't made a good game since when? At least the ps2 era, I wanna say. At least, no good main franchise games since then, if not earlier.
Square Enix have never made a good game
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:08 pm

I'm really wondering whether Enix benefited more from this merger with Square than Square themselves.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:28 pm

To be fair wasn't Square having financial issues so technically Enix bought them?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:36 pm

Yep. They basically committed seppuku thanks to The Spirits Within. That weird-ass animu that only had slightly more to do with Final Fantasy probably also didn't do too well.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:51 pm

The funny thing is Enix made some okay games prior to joining with square.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enix

Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 1-2 were excellent. It's like two good companies combined to become one shitty one. Imagine Vegeta and Goku fusing to become Mr. Satan.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:17 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:08 pm
I'm really wondering whether Enix benefited more from this merger with Square than Square themselves.
Of course they did. The Deutsche Bank guy (Japanese guy) overseeing the merger said it didn't make much sense to him because Enix outsourced most of its game development and made very little in-house whereas Square did everything by themselves. Enix also didn't have much success in the overseas market whereas Square's FFVII was an international smash success
Dehbashi wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:28 pm
To be fair wasn't Square having financial issues
They were both having financial issues. Spirits Within fucked Square and Dragon Quest VII being delayed fucked Enix
Dehbashi wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:28 pm
so technically Enix bought them?
There's no 'technically' about it. Enix is the surviving company. Square traded every share of their company for 0.85 shares of Enix and Enix assumed the responsibility for the merger.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:51 pm
It's like two good companies combined to become one shitty one. Imagine Vegeta and Goku fusing to become Mr. Satan.
The thing is, post merger Square Enix was still 80% Square people. There's no logical reason why they should be so shit, except that the immense failure of Spirits Within meant that Sakaguchi, the architect of Final Fantasy, had to step down. Just goes to show how much of these companies are really built on one guy
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:07 am

CIANigger wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:46 pm
Shit like this is why I stopped clamouring for remakes and remasters of games. I knew War Craft 3 would be shit for instance. I've saved hundreds of dollars in the last decade that I would've been insane to spend on this.
You shouldn't be buying games in the first place. You also shouldn't be playing them either but baby steps.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:36 pm
That weird-ass animu that only had slightly more to do with Final Fantasy probably also didn't do too well.
Final Fagtasy Unlimited probably wasn't that expensive to produce. It is a GONZO production after all.
I must admit I like the look of old GONZOshit, bad early 2000s CGI included. FFU's theme song is good and, uh, "Lisa Pacifist" is a quality early 2000s waifu design. I can't tell you jack shit about the show itself, I watched very little of it. I've seen accusations that its more up its own ass than the games.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:51 pm
The funny thing is Enix made some okay games prior to joining with square. Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 1-2 were excellent.
It was said already by Keef but I'll say it again. Enix didn't make games. They outsourced everything. Those are tri-ace games. Dragon Quest was made by Chunsoft.