Pat the NES Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Pat the NES Cunt

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri May 05, 2017 12:21 am

May have been Twin Cobra. Definitely wasn't Tiger Heli because I had that NES and played the shit out of it.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Fri May 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Ya Amber Heard Me?! wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 5:39 pm
The only thing I remember about '80s arcades was the TMNT game (best arcade game ever, no contest) and Ninja Gaiden being really awesome and not shitty and hard like the NES version. Flipping on sign poles was never cooler. NEVER.
I got a TMNT arcade machine in my bedroom! Got it for pennies off eBay about 15 years ago, arcade machines are always pretty cheap as people want rid of them as they take up so much space.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri May 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 2:38 pm
they take up so much space.
Tell me about it. I built 2 in years past. One is an upright cab with the same floor footprint as a fucking refrigerator.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Man, what if you like built an arcade machine on top of your fridge? You'd never have to worry about overheating!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 05, 2017 5:18 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 4:56 pm
Guru Larry wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 2:38 pm
they take up so much space.
Tell me about it. I built 2 in years past. One is an upright cab with the same floor footprint as a fucking refrigerator.
Pinball is even worse in that regard. They take up the space of a small car.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri May 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Arcade cabs seem like a waste of space and money with the exception of things like racing, pinball, and shooting games. I would fucking kill for a sit down outrun cab though

The pcb boards you collect also seem like a giant waste and just collect dust.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Sat May 06, 2017 12:26 am

mad bum wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 6:32 pm
Arcade cabs seem like a waste of space and money with the exception of things like racing, pinball, and shooting games. I would fucking kill for a sit down outrun cab though

They are now, you can get Pandora boxes for arcade machines which are the size of a NES cart and they have over 650 games on them.

But if you want an arcade machine, get a gimmicky one that can't be emulated at home, otherwise there's no real point in owning one now. What I did with these Fist of the North Star Arcade machines.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sat May 06, 2017 12:34 am

Wow, you were FAT!
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Yes

Post by Yes » Sat May 06, 2017 1:26 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 12:34 am
Wow, you were FAT!
Dude, not cool! The term is Boogieabled.
Swedish smiths spend years working on a single sperge and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest Let's players known to mankind.

cernex

Post by cernex » Sat May 06, 2017 11:24 am

mad bum wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 6:32 pm

There's one exception to that rule, tho': the neo geo MVS, since it worked with cartridges that weren't really that big (all joking aside when you compare them to SNES and Genny cartridges). There's a reason why people still collect those. Fuck, I have a couple (it helps that most of them are pretty cheap. To this day he more I've spent in one is... 50 bucks, I think. I fucking love Blazing Star). Good luck running it on almost ANY TV IN EXISTANCE. Fucking thing has a unique refresh ratio (a CMVS, I mean. Yes, I have one of those too) that makes it unusuable in most HD TVs. There's only one type of TV that run the neo geo properly, and they're rare as fuck, specially here.

Either that or buy a frameister. Go look for prices for that. Take your time. I'll wait.

Also, don't get me started on Neo Geo AES collecting. That's just fucking stupid from start to finish. I can understand spending a hundred bucks on a rare MVS cartridge. FINE. But THOUSANDS? Yeah, nah.

Also, on Pat... eh, I've said it before and I'll say it again: a dude that always came off as insanely insecure in his comment section, his podcast is amusing for if you want news of weird shit (the Colleco Chamelon bits, I think, were actually GOOD. It helps that Mike was/is a genuine piece of shit), but that's it. I never found him particularly funny (his Chiller video is, to this day, one of the most un-funny and sad things I've ever seen), and I still don't.
Last edited by cernex on Sat May 06, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.