Pat the NES Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Boogie's Panniculus

Re: Pat the NES Cunt

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:43 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:27 pm

LazyGameReviews does a far better job of that.
LGR is my biggest youtube disappointment.

I used to like his stuff.
I don't know if he changed or if I did, but I can't stand the humor of his new videos (past year or two) and his shift into more general gaming(though, maybe he is just doing more videos than before).

His lack of knowledge about some stuff is also really offputting for me, and thats saying something considering I'm a retard. I don't have explicit examples outside of the last video I watched (a thrifting video) he said wrong stuff a couple of times. Making a mistake is fine in live commentary, but not when it is all voiceover shit.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Not even he can make collecting big box pc games interesting, people still don't want them thanks to gog
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:22 pm

mad bum wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:06 pm
Not even he can make collecting big box pc games interesting, people still don't want them thanks to gog
You say that, but I lurk around some game collecting "communities" and ive seen the number of people that collecting pc games (or at least picking them up) increase since he has become more popular.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:24 pm

It's because it's a cheap hobby still and those retards collect anything as long as it has a price.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Carn

Post by Carn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Big box PC games are a very hard sell anywhere outside of eBay in my experience. Even if you price well, most collectards don't want that shit stinking up their precious Nintendo shrines.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Unless you have 18 old shitty computers clogging up your closet it will be insanely hard to even play them. That's why even outside of the "big box" you only find pc games at goodwills anymore.

Gog was the greatest thing for abandonware honestly, you can just download and play them on modern machines.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Anonymouslyanon

Post by Anonymouslyanon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:27 pm
Carn wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:53 pm
Anonymouslyanon wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:23 pm
I used to like Pat. But my non existent God he has gotten unbearable ever since he started the podcast with Ian.
Realistically I think it's just shown everyone how he really is, so if you liked him before you didn't really know him.
Indeed, at least he's finally shown the world the horrid piece of shit of a person he truly is. That's my only solace.

But what is it with people devolving into making endless podcasts? Joey Roo made awesome videos, but has effectively destroyed his channel with them. Even Pat's show was pretty decent back in the day, but he's now scuppered his YouTube presence with that shit.

Pat's become so desperate for relevancy, he's even resorted to his old tactics of piggybacking off the fame of others with his interviews, which no longer works.
Anonymouslyanon wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:59 pm
The only thing of his I enjoy these dayd are the flea market videos he does and that's because I like flea markets and thrift shops.
LazyGameReviews does a far better job of that.

Oh I know I love LGR thrift videos. They are far better and entertaining and one big plus. No Frank

RedundantSquash

Post by RedundantSquash » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:18 pm
Podcasts are the logical evolution in kahntent production for idiots who are just in love with the sound of their own voice.
Plus in someone like Pat's case it is minimum effort for maximum gain. Pat rarely bothers to fully research the subjects he discusses and he chops his podcast up into numerous videos. He is essentially just shooting the shit with his pal and then breaking the conversation up for more views.
"Our critique began as all critiques begin: with doubt"

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:28 am

mad bum wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:06 pm
Totally, I just can't be arsed to fuck around with all that DOSbox shit trying to get a game to run. Why I mostly stick to old console stuff with my videos.

Guest #2

Post by Guest #2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:55 pm

Jeez