Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:25 pm

I'm sure he has amassed a healthy savings account by now.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:06 pm

The YouTube economy is hard to decipher.
While Doge will never be at Mr.Beast levels, I've seen channels with 300k subs that post a daily video getting 10k-50k views claiming it allows them to live a pretty fancy lifestyle while others with similar total metrics claim near poverty.
I think the biggest risk for the nerdshit YouTube INs is the increasing popularity of TikTok.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:07 pm

Doge would probably do ok live-streaming - as inept as he is, he’s passably likeable.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:48 pm

Doge could probably make it but I'm not sure how he could keep the remaining CA crew and assets around in that case.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:38 pm

He might be fine on legacy views alone, depending on what the overhead of CA is.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:48 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:38 pm
He might be fine on legacy views alone, depending on what the overhead of CA is.
Yeah, but what about in 20 years? When he's in his 60s?

I often wonder about this with all of these INs who manage to just make a living doing this. It can't be sustained. The internet is going to be vastly different than it is today. People's tasttes are going to change, and few will want to know the ridiculous movie opinions from a cartoon man that's older than their own parents.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:50 pm

Of course it can't be sustained. Just look at all those CA alumni slowly going insane over their desparate attempt to keep their "celebrity" status active.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:43 pm

pibbs wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:48 pm
Yeah, but what about in 20 years? When he's in his 60s?
I think Doge at least owns property. It is in faggot, gang wasteland northern Illinois but it should at least have some future value. He's also hopefully not so retarded that he has no retirement savings.
With others, the slightly successful ones not allergic to work might end up editing for the local news or a church or something like that.
The other INs we talk about have already quit or are so unsuccessful now it doesn't matter. I think most of them are waiting for their parents to die so they get a free house.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:34 am

Doge could be financially set. Blip massively overpaid and YT paid very well for a good while as well.
I don't know how much he pays his actors and whatnot, but he doesn't seem to be rhe kind of guy to blow all his money and sweaty wrestling jaypegs.

With this whole IN shit there really are only two ways to do it. You either earn well enough that you can just retire or you run a legit business like Linus Tech Tips or something.
All others should just be happy to get a bonus and keep their dayjobs.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:45 pm

RedLine wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:06 pm
The YouTube economy is hard to decipher.
While Doge will never be at Mr.Beast levels, I've seen channels with 300k subs that post a daily video getting 10k-50k views claiming it allows them to live a pretty fancy lifestyle while others with similar total metrics claim near poverty.
I think the biggest risk for the nerdshit YouTube INs is the increasing popularity of TikTok.
Are those channels saying they are able to live a pretty fancy lifestyle doing so based solely on YouTube views or are they counting things like Patreon? Because if we're counting things other than just ad revenue, then sheer popularity doesn't matter so much as the strength of it. Someone with a small but strong devoted audience (people who will buy merchandise or sign up for Patreon) is probably better off than someone with a large but casual audience (who will watch their videos but not do anything else).
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:50 pm
Of course it can't be sustained. Just look at all those CA alumni slowly going insane over their desparate attempt to keep their "celebrity" status active.
True, but weren't those guys usually not the particularly popular ones to begin with on Channel Awesome? The ones that were the most popular on Channel Awesome by and large seem to be doing pretty well still.