Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
CuckTurdginson

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:21 pm

Brad only ever cracks six figure views when it’s a Doge video or a legacy view of one of the better cinema snobs or a legacy view of a Jake video.

Shitloads better than the others - tho, most of whom I never liked even when I liked CA.

At the peak it was Doge, Brad, Spoony, Rap Critic, and Filmbald that I could stand.

Addendum: A few years after falling off - I revisited Filmbald and found that he fails in every aspect - to the point where I wonder what 17 yr old me liked.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:01 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:21 pm
Brad only ever cracks six figure views when it’s a Doge video or a legacy view of one of the better cinema snobs or a legacy view of a Jake video.

Shitloads better than the others - tho, most of whom I never liked even when I liked CA.

At the peak it was Doge, Brad, Spoony, Rap Critic, and Filmbald that I could stand.

Addendum: A few years after falling off - I revisited Filmbald and found that he fails in every aspect - to the point where I wonder what 17 yr old me liked.
I guess it depends a bit on what we mean by popular. What I was talking was more about being able to keep doing it for a living. The ones that were popular on Channel Awesome seem to have managed that, generally speaking.

Who is the most popular one besides Doge, actually? The biggest one that comes to mind is Todd in the Shadows, who's actually surprisingly popular. In the last year, the only videos he had that aren't in the six figures viewerships were the ones that were just him cross-posting episodes of an audio podcast he does with someone else. Meanwhile, his Patreon is at $8,000, plus he has a separate Patreon for that podcast I mentioned that's at $2,000, so (assuming it's split between him and the other host) that's another grand.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:45 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
I get that same feeling whenever I hear the great Linkara's voice again.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Ghost Dog

Post by Ghost Dog » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:14 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:01 am
CuckTurdginson wrote:

I guess it depends a bit on what we mean by popular. What I was talking was more about being able to keep doing it for a living. The ones that were popular on Channel Awesome seem to have managed that, generally speaking.

Who is the most popular one besides Doge, actually? The biggest one that comes to mind is Todd in the Shadows, who's actually surprisingly popular. In the last year, the only videos he had that aren't in the six figures viewerships were the ones that were just him cross-posting episodes of an audio podcast he does with someone else. Meanwhile, his Patreon is at $8,000, plus he has a separate Patreon for that podcast I mentioned that's at $2,000, so (assuming it's split between him and the other host) that's another grand.
Does Chris Stuckmann count? He was part of Channel Awesome and he was able to get over 1 million dollars to fund his movie. There's Angry Joe who has over 3 million subscribers and is still doing well. Jontron was a part of Blistered Thumbs and he has over 6 million subscribers. It is a bit debatable to say who is the most popular one out of all the ex and current members of Channel Awesome.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:40 pm

I don't know if I'd count Cuckman. Certainly not JonTron. Has he ever released a video specifically for BT?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:45 pm

JonTron was on BT?!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Ghost Dog

Post by Ghost Dog » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:47 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:40 pm
I don't know if I'd count Cuckman. Certainly not JonTron. Has he ever released a video specifically for BT?
No clue, just knew he was a part of Blistered Thumbs along with Peanut Butter Gamer. No one would really think of Jontron as a CA member unlike Angry Joe. Ashens was a part of Channel Awesome, but do you think anyone associates him with Channel Awesome? Probably not, same thing with Stuckmann. Stuckmann, Ashens, Jontron, and Peanut Butter Gamer all got their success on Youtube without needing CA. People are going to associate Jontron and PBG with Normal Boots a lot more than CA. On a side note, did anyone ever use the Normal Boots site back in the day? Was there an exclusive videos on there or was the site just another way to see their Youtube videos?

Ghost Dog

Post by Ghost Dog » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:54 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:45 pm
JonTron was on BT?!
Yup, here's the proof right here. https://web.archive.org/web/20120103103 ... ow-jontron
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:40 pm
It looks like Jontron didn't do any videos specifically for BT. Just links for people to go watch his Youtube videos.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:13 pm

Ghost Dog wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:47 pm
On a side note, did anyone ever use the Normal Boots site back in the day? Was there an exclusive videos on there or was the site just another way to see their Youtube videos?
I don't know if it used to be different in the early days but shortly before JonTron was backstabbed it was just a link site. I don't think the videos were even embedded and you'd get directed to the YT channel.

I've only ever been there once and it's a while ago but it seemed like a very pointless site.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:21 pm

The Normal Boots site is basically just a backup-URL. At least twice so far, whenever YT made some announcement that would totally ruin content-creation for cash forever, they half-heartedly tried to turn NB into something more CA-like, with videos being uploaded a bit earlier or something.
Then they always lose interest. Mainly because no one's watching, 'cause the big death-of-content-creation announcement turns out to have been blown out of proportion.
-Yours Truly