Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:54 am

DHI said years ago that Doge was Channel Awesome and nobody else mattered, and he should just move to youtube and grow his brand solo over there. I think Monty was still admin when we were all saying this btw.

So he's doing it and he's been doing it a while. No surprise, wewereright.meme.

Anyone else who was ever on channel awesome needs to go get a real-world job if they haven't already. You'll never be able to support yourself on youtube now. The market for your shit was flooded during all the years you were making videos on BLIP BLIP BLIP. You're all fucked now. DSP is only around today because he was on youtube for so long. But you guys were on BLIP and BLIP BLIP BLIP is ded. So your brands died as well.

Doge and his immediate friends have done alright. Joe did well because he cultivated youtube from the very start, wayyy before anyone else from TGWTG. Spoony is fucked because he's a lazy shit. Linkara will gradually lose money until he's fucked too. Same for Lindsay. Anyone below them is already dead and just doesn't know it yet. Forget about trying to support yourself on youtube.

The only way to get big now is to make something so good or so viral that you catapult in front of all your competition, and then you continue to make videos like that to stay out in front. But TGWTG creators never made videos that were good in the first place, so don't hold out hope that you'll make a good video NOW.

Or you could all migrate to TWITCH TWITCH TWITCH and try to ride that wave until it either dies or changes to become more restrictive.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 am

Doge really fucked it up when he decided to create "character" nostalgia critic as it was clear from the beginning that he'll grow fed up playing it, same goes for AVGN. Just do the reciews as yourself, like Red Letter Media does, with exception of Plinkett.

Not sure would've that worked as Doge is still so fucking awkward in front of the camera as himself, probably wouldn't been nearly as succesfull in the beginning as he was as NC.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:18 pm

These Stardust guys must be paying him decent bucks because Doge's plugging them in EVERY NC video.
お前はもう死んでいる。

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Doge could start a patreon and get 10k in the first week easy, dunno why they haven't yet considered how money hungry they are
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm

I know why he won't do Patreon. He truly believes Channel Awesome is a legit production company like Tristar or New Line Cinema. To take Patreon money is to admit they're more like Angry Joe, Film Brain, and the rest of the plebs they once owned.

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:21 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:54 am

The only way to get big now is to make something so good or so viral that you catapult in front of all your competition, and then you continue to make videos like that to stay out in front. But TGWTG creators never made videos that were good in the first place, so don't hold out hope that you'll make a good video NOW.
Would Bob serve as an example or counterxample of this? He caught lightning in a bottle with his pixels review but he's been losing subscribers for a while now.

On the other hand, he's a patreon whore that can live off patreon so I'm at a loss.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:08 am

I just remembered that at some point they were so desperate for a crossover with James but since they couldn't get him they did it with a fat french AVGN called Le Joueur du Grenier (The Attic Player). That guy was no Benzaie
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:41 am

Nash was retarded on Nov 15 2017, this time because he called Papa John's racist for *gasp* daring to say on twitter they were thinking to pull sponsorship from the NFL because (it's not the only reason) that the Anthem protest were hurting their sales
That and his shitting on miners are making me ashamed i was once a fan long ago
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Radiaz

Post by Radiaz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 am

pibbs wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm
I know why he won't do Patreon. He truly believes Channel Awesome is a legit production company like Tristar or New Line Cinema. To take Patreon money is to admit they're more like Angry Joe, Film Brain, and the rest of the plebs they once owned.
You shittin' me. That's why Doge won't do Patreon?
After spewing shit after shit like Demo Reel and that dumbass quiz show, he still thinks he has any talent in writing/directing at all? This is hilarious :lol:

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:37 am

He's like a modern day Ed Wood but without all his talent.