Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
TheProgressive

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by TheProgressive » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:49 am

I could only watch a couple of minutes of the audience laughing at EVERY. SINGLE. LINE. before I turned the video off. Are they really finding this funny or us it just some kind of conditioned response to pop culture references they recognise?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:42 am

I think we might have some kind of "In the Mouth of Madness" situation going on, as the absurdity of their situation (fat losers paying to watch other losers make shitty skits about a movie) caused them to go insane.
drisko wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:39 pm
What's funny about this is, back in the early 90s, Linky's favourite artist, Rob Liefeld, got caught tracing artwork and putting it in his own books. When called on it, he actually called it "homaging" instead of stealing. And yes, that is the word he said.
All that tracing, and he still can't draw feet.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:31 pm

TheProgressive wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:49 am
I could only watch a couple of minutes of the audience laughing at EVERY. SINGLE. LINE. before I turned the video off. Are they really finding this funny or us it just some kind of conditioned response to pop culture references they recognise?
Maybe Doge spiked all their drinks with LSD to make them laugh so much. If there's one thing I despise, it's brown nosers.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:52 pm
Prepare to be annoyed:
Seeing Doge riff on Golden Age cartoons just triggers me on a deep personal level.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:44 pm

He should've never retired the Critic in the first place.

Because he tried to;

-He's trapped with actors that he hired and has to pay and is likely too much of a pussy to just tell them to find other work (The hot chick was smart and got out FAST)

-He was at least on some kind of roll and schedule pre-Demo Reel Critic as far as his "style" goes, though IIRC he was dipping into the long pointless skits and cross overs out the ass by that point, he could've still backed off.

-He has no other objective talents beyond ripping off pop culture as far as "Internet Reviewing and Critiquing" goes. It's not even satire or homage, it's blatant ripping off. I bet it wouldn't still be "muh fair use!" when people start ripping HIM off, oh wait, he just helped pull everyone else under the Channel Awesome banner so he could profit off his imitators... nvm.

-He's made himself unhireable by ANYONE because of his bullshit "I Quit" stunt that he plastered all over the internet. He's likely black listed out his god damned ass and has NOTHING to fall back on for steady work outside his autist internet career, much less a saved retirement fund of any kind.

He can Douchey McNitpick and Mako pray all he wants, he's a dead man walking as far as I'm concerned.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Retiring the Critic was bad enough, but he did it without actually having established anything to replace it. He basically went into Demo Reel without having any fucking idea how his audience would react. He would've probably never made it in the first place if he released small doses of it as a side project long before TBF.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:49 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:44 pm
-He's made himself unhireable by ANYONE because of his bullshit "I Quit" stunt that he plastered all over the internet. He's likely black listed out his god damned ass and has NOTHING to fall back on for steady work outside his autist internet career, much less a saved retirement fund of any kind.
Relax, they probably found it funny. And as far as future employers go, it's hardly plastered all over, I only found it randomly cause he included it in a That Guy episode.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:49 pm
CIANIgger wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:44 pm
Relax, they probably found it funny. And as far as future employers go, it's hardly plastered all over, I only found it randomly cause he included it in a That Guy episode.
You're right. Call it wishful thinking.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Honestly, I imagine Doge and Linkara would still be peddling the CA thing even if it was nuclear war and the internet collapsed and shit. They'd be doing it as a live show and greedily pick up all the coins.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:55 pm

A nuclear war is the perfect moment to keep this going. They gotta give the people hope, man.
-Yours Truly