Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
aboveup

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by aboveup » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:04 pm

It's leftover from the days you'd get paid per click directly. So he'd cut his videos up in as many pieces as he could, to spread his content over as many clicks as he could justify to an audience. Except YouTube changed that, and they changed their algorithm so that behavior doesn't get you promoted anymore. To stop channels like his from growing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Imagine if he did 5 second LPs.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:20 pm

I'm amazed anyone subs to DSP. As was mentioned, yeah, all his parts of parts of parts makes your sub box unusable. DSP thinks that's like a good thing. "I make so much content that people tell me it's too much."

No, you fucker, the problem is cutting a 2-hour segment into a hundred videos. He'll split every single player match of a street fighter session into a video. You'll load up a street fighter video and it'll be TWO minutes long!

The change the youtube algorithms and prioritizing watch engagement and duration were specifically to stop this shit. :D
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:25 pm

aboveup wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:04 pm
It's leftover from the days you'd get paid per click directly. So he'd cut his videos up in as many pieces as he could, to spread his kahntent over as many clicks as he could justify to an audience. Except YouTube changed that, and they changed their algorithm so that behavior doesn't get you promoted anymore. To stop channels like his from growing.
It's also the last thing Machinima told him to do to increase ad rdvenue before firing his ass.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:33 pm

Of course it was Machinima who were wrong and Google just being too stupid to get advertizers. They are supposed to go and hustle for Phil gaddamnit!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:36 pm

Youtube would be nothing if it wasn't for his legacy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:14 pm

You wouldn't even see videos about vidya if it wasn't for him revolutionizing the way we perceive gaming.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:36 pm

aboveup wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:50 pm
Guru Larry wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:55 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:34 am
Hey, he's got a 10-year "legacy" and actually still gets decent views despite having a shit product. DSP, this could have been you if you were a little bit less of a cunt. Not even that much less.
Its quite a paradox that Phil isn't more popular than he is, He has more videos than any other single person lead channel on YouTube, yet with all that kahntent out there, he still can't rake in new subscribers.

Does his reputation precede him that much?
It's not even that.

http://puu.sh/wEG7P/2b61deabb0.png

People are tapping out at a much faster rate than he can bring them in. Then you look at what he does to your sub inbox and... Do you think anyone would stay subbed to this for very long without feeling fatigue? This is his channel.

http://puu.sh/wEG9P/70b06b3f40.png

I'm fairly active on YT and sub to a lot of people, and even if I sub to him, my sub inbox just becomes on giant wall of ONLY his videos. This is my sub inbox after subbing to him for a screenshot.

http://puu.sh/wEGcX/3e367afea1.png

God, now I've been a subscriber to DSP at some point. I hate myself.
Christ, the amount of videos per day is fucking obnoxious. You could sub to 1000 channels and your sub box would still be nothing but DSP if you subbed to him. At some point youtube should flag channels like this as spam, not even the WWE put out that many video per day and they show multiple clips of their 2-3 hour shows plus backstage shit every day.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:25 am

And his views are fucking terrible per video when you consider how many subs he has. There are channels with a tiny fraction of his subs who do 10x the view numbers. His channel has been dying for a long time. He's just too stupid to understand why.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC4IeCTUp2w
almost a decent review, too bad his sqeaky voice and hand movements pretty much ruin it