Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:05 pm
Here you go:

Thanks bruh.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 18/313.gif
You're welcome.

rabidtictac

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 am

Now there's a video I haven't seen in a long time.

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/image ... &width=768

It's telling that I stopped doing Doge reviews so long ago, but nothing is different now. If I watched one of his modern skit reviews, I'd have the same complaints about the skits being awful and unfunny, and Doge not understanding the movies. At the time I did that video, I felt that I was already years late to the party on pointing out how shit those reviews are.

Just goes to show nothing about Doge has improved or even changed since around 2010 or so.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:23 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
I don't really remember those Old vs News videos that well. I remember he said the Jaden Smith Karate Kid was better than the Ralph Macchio one because Master Kreese wasn't realistic. When in fact, there really were these kinds of militaristic, cult-like senseis in the '80s running little McDojos.

Also he mocked those Rankin-Bass animated Tolkien specials and refused to even acknowledge those in his LOTR old vs new, even though they are arguably much more enjoyable than the two he compared.
I think he still does those, wasn't there an Evil Dead one recently?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

drisko

Post by drisko » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 am

Cuckara wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:22 pm
Brad's Prometheus: Re-Review reminded me of Doge and how he loves to ignore real arguments. Like in his Old vs New: Spider-Man Movies video he says Tobey Maguire quits being Spider-Man in Spider-Man 2 just because being a superhero is hard, he completely ignores that Tobey powers are becoming erratic and his life is a total mess. He ignores this because if he acknowledged this it would be very hard for him to argue Andrew Garfield is the superior Spider-Man. Another huge example of Doge ignoring real arguments is his terrible The Matrix review. I don't think I need to get into it, I'm sure you guys have all seen rabidtictac's video. What are some other examples of Doge tiptoeing around things that invalidate his terrible opinions? I'm curious how often he does it.
In the Willy Wonka old vs new he was so clearly biased against the old one (For good reason, it was way better) but he was trying to insist that the Gene Wilder version was truer to the book (It wasn't, that's why it's in Roald Dahl's will that no one can ever make an adaptation of the sequel) and that Tim Burton's one was mostly all new material. If you've read the book, you'll know it's the other way around, except for the daddy issues crap Burton added.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:47 am

Toby quit being Piderman in Piderman 2 because his life was fucking hell. That's what the whole movie is about. His powers are fucking up, his relationships are all failing and he feels like he's letting everyone down by trying to (and failing to) balance this dual life. He connects with Doc Ock because Ock reminds him of the person he wanted to be before he got his powers, and he starts thinking about how maybe he needs to prioritize real life over being a capeshitter.

That's why there's that moment when he gives it up and you see how much happier he could be if he lived an ordinary life. But then shit goes really bad and he realizes he needs to step up and save people because he's the one who can do it. Even if that fucks up his real life. That's what being a hero is about: sacrifice.

I'm not even saying those movies are 10/10 amazing or anything, but c'mon now. The first two are solid superhero films made before the Joss Whedon dialogue-cancer infected capeshit. I'm not watching that Dogereview because I know I'd just sperge out at his bullshit strawmen.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:50 pm

We're all wrong, Tobey quit just because it was hard work. Doge would never ever bullshit his way out of an argument.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:54 pm

drisko wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 am
he was trying to insist that the Gene Wilder version was truer to the book (It wasn't, that's why it's in Roald Dahl's will that no one can ever make an adaptation of the sequel) and that Tim Burton's one was mostly all new material. If you've read the book, you'll know it's the other way around, except for the daddy issues crap Burton added.
Top kek, it's common knowledge that Dahl hated the Gene Wilder film since it was so different from his book. He disowned it and, like you said, it's the reason he forbid anyone from ever adapting the sequel. Doge is such a dishonest little bitch.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:23 am
Liar Revealed wrote:
I don't really remember those Old vs News videos that well. I remember he said the Jaden Smith Karate Kid was better than the Ralph Macchio one because Master Kreese wasn't realistic. When in fact, there really were these kinds of militaristic, cult-like senseis in the '80s running little McDojos.

Also he mocked those Rankin-Bass animated Tolkien specials and refused to even acknowledge those in his LOTR old vs new, even though they are arguably much more enjoyable than the two he compared.
I think he still does those, wasn't there an Evil Dead one recently?
Yup, I haven't watched it though. I'm sure he pulls his usual strawman bullshit to defend whichever version he prefers.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 pm

"New one bettah because muh strong female protagonist" ?
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Spider-Man is easily one of the strongest capeshit sequel movies out there.
Cuckara wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:12 pm
Yup, I haven't watched it though. I'm sure he pulls his usual strawman bullshit to defend whichever version he prefers.
Is Douchey McNitpick still stuck in the Plot Hole?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette