Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by mad bum » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:03 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:54 pm

But in Doge's defense, his numbers on videos have been really solid. I think the reason for that, as well as the high likes-to-dislikes ratio, is he has shifted his audience age down.
I was going to mention this also, his sub/watch ratio is pretty good, but you can probably also thank he does newer and popular shit now.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

drisko

Post by drisko » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:57 pm

They're getting a gold play button, fellas.
Two years, after being around for a decade, it took them two years to get that gold button.

Actually, when you think about it, with all the stories of how lazy Michaud is, it wouldn't surprise me if their entire marketing for the new YT channel was nothing more than "If you build it, they will come."

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:58 am

I'm not sure what is the actual value of a single subscriber on youtube and how does it translate to visits on their website, but it brings some kind of joy to see how incompetent they were all those years, with how were they handling everything including blip.tv and their website. That it took them so long to realize that a youtube channel should be their main venue for the content they are producing. Speaking off do they diversify their video hosting providers or if some newer yt bot blacklists them, they will have nothing ?

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:30 pm

drisko wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:57 pm
They're getting a gold play button, fellas.
Two years, after being around for a decade, it took them two years to get that gold button.

Actually, when you think about it, with all the stories of how lazy Michaud is, it wouldn't surprise me if their entire marketing for the new YT channel was nothing more than "If you build it, they will come."
Michaud. What a mongoloid. He should be kissing Doge's ass everyday before Doge finally realizes that's he's dead weight and an intern could do his job.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Don't they keep him around because Douche and his bro don't have a clue about how to run a bussiness? If you've listened to bussiness savvy individuals like Lordfat, you might get an impression that Michaud does neither, but apparently that's the reason, unless it's the "Michaud has some dirt on them" conspiracy.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

drisko

Post by drisko » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:12 am

sigh wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:58 am
I'm not sure what is the actual value of a single subscriber on youtube and how does it translate to visits on their website, but it brings some kind of joy to see how incompetent they were all those years, with how were they handling everything including blip.tv and their website. That it took them so long to realize that a youtube channel should be their main venue for the kahntent they are producing. Speaking off do they diversify their video hosting providers or if some newer yt bot blacklists them, they will have nothing ?
I remember some other channel talking about getting a silver play button, can't remember which one it was since this was years ago, but they mentioned ad revenue climbing a little and their videos being pushed to the front when they searched certain key phrases. The gold button apparently does more for you. They theorised that because this means you're popular, they want to promote you more so you can bring in more money.

But that may not be the case any more, considering YT is now dealing with even larger channels and has probably learnt large subscriber count doesn't necessarily equal more views.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:57 am

Yep. I've seen channels with 40k subscribers and a few hundred views per vid.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:24 am

Rushy wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:57 am
Yep. I've seen channels with 40k subscribers and a few hundred views per vid.
Check out Machinima's views to subs ratio if you want shocking!!!

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:51 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:27 pm
it's the "Michaud has some dirt on them" conspiracy.
It's not blackmail, it's just a contract. Years ago Doge signed away the rights to Nostalgia Critic to Michaud in exchange for Michaud handling his hosting and guaranteeing he'll always be top dog on the site. With them getting less visitors to the main site, the deal's just getting worse for Doge.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:52 pm

I bet Michaud will clutch to those rights like Kevin McClory with Blofeld
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.