Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by Rushy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:04 pm

And then Linkara has a breakdown in the middle of no man's land and tries to shoot his Magic Gun at the invaders, yelling about how he defeated Lord Vyce.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:18 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:57 pm
Retiring the Critic was bad enough, but he did it without actually having established anything to replace it. He basically went into Demo Reel without having any fucking idea how his audience would react. He would've probably never made it in the first place if he released small doses of it as a side project long before TBF.
I suppose the thought process might have been that if he just made it as a side project, no one would have paid attention to it and he couldn't replace the Nostalgia Critic with it. Still, if that were the concern, the smart thing to do would be to cut back on the Nostalgia Critic a bit and start making Demo Reel, like possibly alternating them. That would be a good way to hedge his bets, plus it keeps the Nostalgia Critic crowd around and they might check out Demo Reel.

I looked back at the timeline. The last Nostalgia Critic episode before Demo Reel was out on August 14 of 2012. Demo Reel released the first episode on October 30. Now, to be fair, To Boldly Flee occurred in the middle to possibly hold people over, but the last episode of that was released in September 13. So there was a wait of over a month between the really popular thing ending and the replacement coming along, so I expect quite a few people just lost interest during the wait and quit paying much attention. I know I did. If Demo Reel had been ready to go right away, it probably still wouldn't have been a success, but it might have been able to hang on to more viewers for longer.

By the way, whatever happened to Bum Reviews anyway? He just stopped doing them. I was under the impression they were fairly popular, was I wrong? (probably, if he stopped doing them)

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:06 pm

I think he just got bored with it(like many nobodies, he's gotten more into reaction videos and other stuff where it's just him and Rob talking), same with Ask That Guy With The Glasses.
And tbh, his Bum character became really grating over time. The original idea was amusing, but he just started to ham it up.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Reaction videos are also way easier than coming up with goofy shit for the Bum to say.
Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:18 pm
I suppose the thought process might have been that if he just made it as a side project, no one would have paid attention to it and he couldn't replace the Nostalgia Critic with it. Still, if that were the concern, the smart thing to do would be to cut back on the Nostalgia Critic a bit and start making Demo Reel, like possibly alternating them. That would be a good way to hedge his bets, plus it keeps the Nostalgia Critic crowd around and they might check out Demo Reel.
He really should've done this as a side project, especially since a lot of his spin-offs (video game reviews, Emo Jones, Joker's Brother Melvin) have generated quite a bit of backlash and autism.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:01 pm

Emo Jones? Do I want to know what that is?
Kugelfisch wrote:

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:31 am

Rushy wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:01 pm
Probably not, but here you go anyway:

It's just a bunch of 'edgy' jokes, and in between Doge whispers "emo" a couple of times.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:38 am

Rushy wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:01 pm
One of his little projects that became so "popular" he buried it as deep as possible on his site.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am

Replacing The Nostalgia Critic with Demo Reel was like replacing a shitty Chuck Lorre sitcom with an airing of that Jack Black flick "Be Kind, Rewind" every week. No, Chuck Lorre's shitty shows aren't funny, just like Doge isn't. But they have their audience. Just like Doge. Nobody wanted to see Doge and his cronies do something Jack Black couldn't make funny. But do it worse.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:46 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am
No, Chuck Lorre's shitty shows aren't funny.
*hides Two And A Half Men complete 12-season collection*
Kugelfisch wrote:

Cuckson

Post by Cuckson » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:46 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am
No, Chuck Lorre's shitty shows aren't funny.
*hides Two And A Half Men complete 12-season collection*
I hope theres only Charlie episopdes in there