Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Doge definitely is fucked in the head too. he still thinks he is smart, funny, witty and thinks he can act etc when he is the exact opposite of those things.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:36 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:27 pm
Doge definitely is fucked in the head too. he still thinks he is smart, funny, witty and thinks he can act etc when he is the exact opposite of those things.
He can act and is witty, funny and smart?

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:16 pm

Carn wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 pm
Whatever you think about Doge's work, you can't really argue against the guy being genuine and appreciative of his fans. He's not fucked up in the head, autistic or an asshole like most of TGWTG.
Yeah, jewing Phelous out of pay for the cg effects in TBF wasn't assholish at all.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:24 pm

Doge is smart enough to stay off of Twitter.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:55 am
Its quite a paradox that Phil isn't more popular than he is, He has more videos than any other single person lead channel on YouTube, yet with all that kahntent out there, he still can't rake in new subscribers.

Does his reputation precede him that much?
You did watch him, right? Phil is a cunt to everyone, can't take any of the shit he deals out and refuses to take responsibility for anything he does wrong. He sucks at games, all games, and doesn't ever get better. He's patient zero for scrubdom.
Even if you knew nothing about the guy you'd be turned off very quickly. If anyhting it's a wonder he's as popular as he is.
Plus, he doesn't ever have anything interesting to say.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Plus his playlist is a terrible mess of unedited content. I don't think that looks too attractive for theoretical newcomers who have never heard of the guy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:28 pm

The sheer amount of videos is overwhelming right from the start. Have you ever heard somebody talking about his best LP? Is there a LP by him that's talked about as the one LP you should watch? If so, I'm not aware of it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

aboveup

Post by aboveup » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:34 am
Hey, he's got a 10-year "legacy" and actually still gets decent views despite having a shit product. DSP, this could have been you if you were a little bit less of a cunt. Not even that much less.
Its quite a paradox that Phil isn't more popular than he is, He has more videos than any other single person lead channel on YouTube, yet with all that kahntent out there, he still can't rake in new subscribers.

It's not even that.

http://puu.sh/wEG7P/2b61deabb0.png

People are tapping out at a much faster rate than he can bring them in. Then you look at what he does to your sub inbox and... Do you think anyone would stay subbed to this for very long without feeling fatigue? This is his channel.

http://puu.sh/wEG9P/70b06b3f40.png

I'm fairly active on YT and sub to a lot of people, and even if I sub to him, my sub inbox just becomes on giant wall of ONLY his videos. This is my sub inbox after subbing to him for a screenshot.

http://puu.sh/wEGcX/3e367afea1.png

God, now I've been a subscriber to DSP at some point. I hate myself.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:34 am
Hey, he's got a 10-year "legacy" and actually still gets decent views despite having a shit product. DSP, this could have been you if you were a little bit less of a cunt. Not even that much less.

His high quantity of videos is misleading, because he splits his LPs into a ridiculously high number of videos. For example, looking at his most recent videos in his Crash Bandicoot 3 playthrough, here are their lengths: 14:57, 20:17, 16:09, 6:26, 12:18, 5:14, 10:18, 14:05, 19:24. This makes him look more prolific than he is. Or, for another recent series of videos, his videos of Injustice 2 are each about 3 minutes long and there's 20 of them.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Those 10 minute videos, it's like he took some YouTube 101 course where they tell you videos can't be over 10 minutes and you need to upload as many as a reaction channel because that's how you stay relevant.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]