Alex Jones lawyer: "he's playing a character!"

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Alex Jones lawyer: "he's playing a character!"

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:32 pm
(Is there any language out there that actually has its own word for "kindergarten" aside from French? It's really not that hard to translate.)
Of course, we have "mateřská školka", which isn't exactly a direct translation, but I would say it's making far more sense and it's actually pretty good term. You see, we have an extra version of "school" which is solely used in this case as pre-school. School in my language is "škola" and the pre-school is "školka", therefore no confusion and no german terms in this case. We have way too many words we've adapted from german anyways.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:54 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
And don't you worry, German has already infected the Japanese language
Granted, a couple of them are names, like Volkswagen and Diesel, and yet some more are Latin-rooted like Impotenz which basically just means incapability.
Nips fucking love just taking random German words and calling things and characters in animu and vidya something entirely nonsensical.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:54 pm
Granted, a couple of them are names, like Volkswagen and Diesel, and yet some more are Latin-rooted like Impotenz which basically just means incapability.
Nips fucking love just taking random German words and calling things and characters in animu and vidya something entirely nonsensical.
Tite Kubo actually made that a thing in Bleach, back when it wasn't complete garbage: the Shinigami's spells are all Japanese named, the Bount techniques were all German named, and the Arrancar attacks were all Spanish named. But in vydia at least, the language that is bastardized the most is English (the Tales series in particular loves to name the Mystical Artes in gibberish English, like Rebirth Crusader, Silent End, Reverence Mine...)

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Not sure how much say he had with the Bounts, seeing how that was a filler arc. The Quincy have some German terms, though those only popped up when the manga was already FUBAR.

What really confused the crap out of me was how Arrancar attacks would have translation notes like "[more or less bastardized Spanish] = Spanish for [translation of the term], Japanese for [similar, but different translation]". Not quite sure what's up with the latter part.

I really dig German stuff being sprinkled in mecha shows or something. Rarely gramatically correct, but it sounds neat most of the time.
Of course the most hilarious part is always if the VA sucks hard at pronouncing that stuff. Bonus points when this results in a character who can't correctly say his own name.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:16 pm

That's the greatest thing, yeah. When some fucker is called Steiner and he comes up and spouts: "Sdaineruu-san, desu!"
Fightan gaems love that shit as well. It's always hilarious when the supposedly German character can't pronounce his special moves for shit.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:55 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:17 pm
wildmage wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:35 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:26 pm
Like I said, completely moronic.
Says the man with just 4 cases.
No more are needed.
Like I said, robo-speak.

Auli

Post by Auli » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:53 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
So I can play Super Robot Wars without memorizing runes and looking up hiragana on occasion? Neat.

And don't you worry, German has already infected the Japanese language.

(Is there any language out there that actually has its own word for "kindergarten" aside from French? It's really not that hard to translate.)
Yes. NORWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kindergarden = Barnehage
Kinder = Barn
Garden = Hage
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:32 pm
Speaking of Nihonese, I noticed that Google Translator has now a "Japanese handwritting" tool, where you can draw whatever moonrune you want to translate, and it recognizes it with astonishing precision. The dream of finally being able to play vydia gaems entirely written in moonrunes draws near!
They've had that for ages. It tends to get confused if you draw more than one character at a time and it's not particularly good at Kanji.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
And don't you worry, German has already infected the Japanese language.
Given who their allies were during the war that's not entirely unexpected. Most of their loanwords come from either English, German or Portuguese. Most of the English loanwords came over during the American occupation.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Is there any language out there that actually has its own word for "kindergarten" aside from French? It's really not that hard to translate.
In Britain we just call it 'Nursery'
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:21 pm

I've also heard that TLOZ: Wind Waker in nipland is instead called "TLOZ:" and then "Taktstock" in mangled Gerpanese.
Taktstock means conductor's baton.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:16 pm

alex jones = bill hicks playing a character so I guess its true
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine