The Other people on Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Other people on Channel Awesome

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:21 am

drisko wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:15 am
There are rules within Hollywood to keep it as insular as possible. And because producers want to keep SAG happy (Since the producers guild knows if one union goes down, they could as well) they enforce them.
This. The producers, directors, and actors guilds are tight, and Hollywood blacklists are real and harsh.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:45 am

drisko wrote:
There are rules within Hollywood to keep it as insular as possible. And because producers want to keep SAG happy (Since the producers guild knows if one union goes down, they could as well) they enforce them.
They still can't force anyone to do anything. That's like saying Harvey Weinstein forced women to watch him masturbate or whatever else they did.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:43 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:20 am
How can one be forced to join a union? The fuck does one not in the union care about what role the union considers union roles?
Old monopolies at work. I guess it's a bit like how you can't be a German indie musician without having to deal with the GEMA at some point.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:39 am

Supply and demand. If every starry eyed teen from Kentuky that moved to Hollywood became a paying actress then JLaw wouldn't have 40 Mil contracts.
There's a billion different films being done every year that won't make up what they cost and will be sold and resold ten times to different tv channels to fill in the gaps. Made for tv movies, tv serials, shady concilliatory contractual bullshit to renew and close contracts/or maintain IP's, etc.
Here's an example: white river kid. Ever heard of that movie? It stars Antonio Banderas and Bob Hoskings. It was obviously a film made because of contractual obligations so it was only released in Spain and Hungary.
But still, you need hundreds of hours of manpower to make that product and hundreds of extras for those crowds of people that appear in the shots. I remember reading in some forum about a guy that made a living as a SAG extra that you got bonuses if you helped move boxes (not fix the lighting or anything that interferes with another guild's duties), got your own wardrobe, etc.
The thing is, your employer and all associated management staff can get into hot water if they hire non SAG crew because they are as replaceable as the extra to their higher ups if the SAG decides to make an example of their production crew.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:43 pm

Stranger wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:45 am
drisko wrote:
They still can't force anyone to do anything. That's like saying Harvey Weinstein forced women to watch him masturbate or whatever else they did.
You're being deliberately dense. No one is saying "force" as in "you will do this and no earthy force will be able to stop you, if you don't you will die." "Forced" means "you will do this or else you can forget ever getting anywhere in this business."
Is Spoony dead yet?

oldbones

Post by oldbones » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:06 pm

The only surprising thing is that with the thousands of people in the know in hollywood not one person had the courage or selflessness to expose this shit. Fuck the money and hollywood career. Get a real job. I know these people are accustomed to easy work but nothing was stopping any of them from going into a different career if they were blackballed. It would also be a good reason to get the fuck out of imploding california. If this was only going on for a few years then maybe I'd have some sympathy. But this shit has been going on for decades and seriously not one person? Fuck hollywood and fuck actors.

This also explains pretty nicely why so many were so anti-trump. Especially when the grab the pussy tape came out and they were all trying to pin him as a rapist. They are all guilt-ridden over their tacit consent in covering up mass hollywood sexual assaults and rape for years and years.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:22 pm

It's a bit like whenever war crimes are exposed and everyone in the entire chain of command feigns ignorance. It's all A-Ok as long as it stays in their safe space.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:19 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:43 pm
Stranger wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:45 am
drisko wrote:
You're being deliberately dense. No one is saying "force" as in "you will do this and no earthy force will be able to stop you, if you don't you will die." "Forced" means "you will do this or else you can forget ever getting anywhere in this business."
That still isn't forcing. Indie projects exist for a reason and with the internet being what it is those projects get plenty of exposure.

Using the term, "forced," implies a lot harsher of a situation than you guys are stating in this day and age.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Stranger wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:19 pm

That still isn't forcing. Indie projects exist for a reason and with the internet being what it is those projects get plenty of exposure.
Yeah, stuff like To Boldly Flee and Disco come to mind.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:41 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:25 pm
Charlar wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:45 pm
So how long until she cheat behind his back? Or him behind her back?
He looks incredibly beta, unlikely he will do anything. If she had arrived in Hollywood a few months earlier she might have been able to fuck her way into a small role, but with the heat on them now I doubt anyone there will risk it just for a 6 like her.
So nobody's going to mention that this nigga just called Marzgurl a 6?