The Other people on Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Just Some Random Guy

Re: The Other people on Channel Awesome

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 am

pibbs wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:13 am
I watched it. She has a job writing closed captioning for NCIS and the Flash. And shes an extra in an indie movie. Which makes her more of a success in Hollywood than doge and spoony combined.
Hrm... I don't know. Doge, early on, actually did appear in a commercial for a PBS special about comedians:

(this video is hosted on the actual PBS YouTube channel)

I believe this promo aired on TV. Granted, he did basically nothing after that, but I'd still label it as more successful than being an extra in an indie movie.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:57 am

But how could MarzGurl be working in the industry? As we all know, a patriarchy of white males exist specifically to keep out all females.
お前はもう死んでいる。

oldbones

Post by oldbones » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:09 am

An extra in a hollywood movie isn't an achievement. An extra in an indie movie is "I was walking by and some people were filming something. They asked me to sign a form and just like that I was in the movie."

Closed captioning pre-filmed video is a menial task. Very similar to data entry except I guess slightly more interesting since you get to watch a tv show. The qualifications are know english and type a little bit faster than the average person.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:27 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 am
pibbs wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:13 am
I watched it. She has a job writing closed captioning for NCIS and the Flash. And shes an extra in an indie movie. Which makes her more of a success in Hollywood than doge and spoony combined.
Hrm... I don't know. Doge, early on, actually did appear in a commercial for a PBS special about comedians:

(this video is hosted on the actual PBS YouTube channel)

I believe this promo aired on TV. Granted, he did basically nothing after that, but I'd still label it as more successful than being an extra in an indie movie.
Marzgurl has regular work in the TV industry on popular shows. Doge did a one-shot commercial for shitty PBS. Doge has had no TV or Hollywood work since that shitty commercial. I would say that Kaylyn comes out ahead in this case.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 am

oldbones wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:09 am
An extra in a hollywood movie isn't an achievement. An extra in an indie movie is "I was walking by and some people were filming something. They asked me to sign a form and just like that I was in the movie."

Closed captioning pre-filmed video is a menial task. Very similar to data entry except I guess slightly more interesting since you get to watch a tv show. The qualifications are know english and type a little bit faster than the average person.
The joke just flew right over you, didnt it, sport?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 am

Some runner sucking the talent's dick also has a regular job in the TV industry. Nah man, that shit isn't glamorous. You may as well shovel shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:41 am

Whatever goverment funding PBS gets Trump can't cut it fast enough.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:21 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 am
Some runner sucking the talent's dick also has a regular job in the TV industry. Nah man, that shit isn't glamorous. You may as well shovel shit.
Good point, but it's not as though Doge's little commercial was some great shit either.
rabidtictac wrote:

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:13 am

Rushy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:49 am
At this point, I fail to even see a point to Channel Awesome. It's a bizarre remnant of the 2000s. Doge could end it now and keep going and nobody except Linkara would blink an eye.
If I hear channel awesome I think tgwtg, but If you go to youtube you have a channel with Doge and Tamara. I think that making the youtube channel bigger, but still keeping the site in case something will happen is not a bad thing. I don't think it hurts the business that there are still some former tgwtg contributors on the website that could potentially draw someone new in.
So in that regard I don't think Linky or Snob will ever disappear from the site, as for people who have stale content and don't do shit any more it totally makes sense to let them go.

The tgwtg experiment ended pretty much with Phelous Lupa and Lindsay jumping ship. What's left is the mark of channel awesome, that any of them will never get rid off, even if channel awesome will purge everything with them in it from their site.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:45 am

Being on Channel Awesome is a black mark on your creative career.
rabidtictac wrote: