The Other people on Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Chippah

Re: The Other people on Channel Awesome

Post by Chippah » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Has Bennett done anything as cringy as the other nobodys from CA? I don't know much about him. Anime Abandon was probably the only CA show I kept up on the longest. Mostly due to how insane some of the shit he found was.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

He's mostly harmless. The cringiest stuff AFAIK was him chickening out of a Violence Jack review, and that Linkara crossover where he read what was probably the only non-adult fanfic Linkie ever wrote.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Bennet is just another fat weeb.

He's guilty of touting anime as some kind of high art worthy of scutiny akin to fine wine tasting. Anime is just animation.... oooooo aaaahhhh.

Like with anything, if the plot is stupid and the characters annoying and vapid, then it's shit. I couldnt give a fuck how "cool" something looks.

Not to mention anime fans in general. These people should've stayed away from society. Now it's becoming accepted to be as autistic as the characters they dress up as.

/rant
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 pm

At least he frequently mentioned how animu peaked in the 80s in his humble opinion.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:23 pm

He hated the first english dub of Akira because it wasn't a 100% absolute accurate description, hated the voices notably Akira and preferred the inferior new version. He can't even be a weeaboo correctly
No i didn't watch his video, i just stumbled on a video that showed he is unable to even a weeaboo correctly
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:30 pm

At least he should've come up with better reasons. This reminds me of when we got a new German dub for Ghost in the Shell using the VAs from the anime. The DVD I own has both dubs, and I dunno which is more accurate (and I don't have any attachment to the anime crew because I haven't watched that one yet), but the folks of the newer dub seemed to be more into it.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Most people (myself included) in my country think that our DBZ dub is top notch and in some cases even better than the original (Vegeta's and Piccolo's voices come to mind). Yuyu Hakusho also had a very good localization, in some cases better than the original voices.

Dubbing can be good, but only when the people involved are talented and like whatever they are dubbing.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:26 am

I find Bennet the complete opposite. He likes to shit on some good stuff by showing clips out of context to make things look dumber/crazier than they really are. He always uses the dubs, too. Any English dubs done in the 20th Century are complete crap. They will totally drag down good material.

Violence Jack is great. I own it. I like old anime where people really pushed the envelope.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:49 am

CIANIgger wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:51 am
Because of course he lives in California... I never knew that for a fact, but somehow you just know where these nobodies dwell. Hopefully the fleeing he's doing helps him shed a few pounds.
He does live in a small town an hour north of San Francisco though rather than being a city shitlib. He might not be that bad but he was on TGWTG so that's unlikely
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am

I remember back in the day he used to be really into sleaze in his old anime reviews but that was about four or five years ago. He might have changed tactics. Also, he really hated Loli and cute shit, though he used to masturbate to Love Hina. No, he actually admitted that as a justification as to why he used to buy the manga, because apparently that's less embarrassing.