DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:34 pm

BTW guiz, Tevin has a new video out. DSP is already setting a date for when he's going to make an entire video shitting on Machinima and spilling all their secrets. He got signed to a new partnership. If I were his new partnering company and I saw him promising to shit on his old partnership (that he was with for YEARS), that would make me drop him right away.

Anyway, not much else to say about the video. He begs for money for the entire video length and calls people who use his footage for TIHYDP "illegal." It's almost like his copyright standards are biased in his favor. It's illegal when someone uses his footage to edit together a creative work, but it's ok when he uses Nintendo's footage to try to make money to pay his billth.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:35 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:He seems to think buying music or movies also grants the rights to public exhibition. This guy is legitimately stupid.
It specifically says buying a DVD does NOT grant you those rights in the opening FBI warning shit. :lol:

Maybe Nintendo should start putting those warnings on their video games.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:35 am

Who signed him anyway? They must be really desperate to have that human cancer partnered under their brand.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Check AlmightyTevin's channel, he says in the video where DSP talks about his partnership. I forgot the name of the group. Unfortunately, it wasn't Maker. It's some small group that doesn't have the pull or cash money that Machinima did. I tried to find the name for you but JESUS FUCK, have you tried going through DSP's twitter feed lately? It's all fucking ads. His entire twitter profile is ads for his shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:04 pm

Didn't he want to make money with TIHYDP? Dude should make up his fucking mind.
rabidtictac wrote:BTW guiz, Tevin has a new video out. DSP is already setting a date for when he's going to make an entire video shitting on Machinima and spilling all their secrets. He got signed to a new partnership. If I were his new partnering company and I saw him promising to shit on his old partnership (that he was with for YEARS), that would make me drop him right away.
That ought to be a very long and prosperous partnership.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Joe Roscoe

Post by Joe Roscoe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:05 pm

Vulcan wrote:Who signed him anyway? They must be really desperate to have that human cancer partnered under their brand.
Would anyone be surprised if it ends up being Channel Awesome that signs him?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:19 pm

It's not but that would be hilarious.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:01 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8Mcf6wWAAEFWVM.jpg

Still arguing about it.

I don't think he realises that licensing music has a lot of parts to it. Stuff like how long the license lasts, royalties, where the licensed music will be played etc are all parts of it.

I also like how he uses the comparison of someone getting "expressed permission to use a film clip".

Me playing GTA on stream is exactly the same, DOOD.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:27 pm

He pretends as if he was the one that holds the rights to the media the music was licensed for. Warner Bros. doesn't have to pay royalities for every screening, the cinema doesn't either but the end user weilds no rights over the movie OR the music used in it.
DSP has not done any licensing at all, thus no right to use the medium outside of it's intended use of home entertainment.

And there is endless daisy-chaining. It's called transaction tax.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:32 am

Again, DVDs you buy will explicitly say that you do not have the right to use the film for anything except private use. Now, you could go to court and fight them on that, I suppose, but it is an FBI warning. He should at least be aware of music royalties.

DSP doesn't have any right to any of the "content" of his own videos EXCEPT his own speech and appearance. All footage appearing in his LPs, which he is selling for money (essentially), he is relying on a nebulous Fair Use/transformative work defense which he never actually established legally. He has no express permission to use any of that footage, game audio or music in his for-profit videos. He's reliant upon the goodwill of YouTube, a private company with their own Terms of Service (that is not required to uphold the most lenient DSP interpretation of copyright law) in order to keep his videos up on YouTube and make money.

But of course, YouTube is "too stupid" to do what DSP demands.

Since DSP is so unsatisfied with YouTube's handling of copyright, I suggest he create a DSP video host for his amazing content. Then, he can be the one to fight it out, personally, with Warner Bros, Nintendo and the various other copyright holders.
RAPEMAN wrote: