DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:25 pm

Kinda curious how they're going about to diversify the roster in the ArcSys way, seeing how many DBZ characters are essentially the same guy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:58 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:25 pm
Kinda curious how they're going about to diversify the roster in the ArcSys way, seeing how many DBZ characters are essentially the same guy.
I already saw a couple characters who had assists and shit as part of their moveset, like 18 summoning 17 to do moves. They'll probably try to fit DBZ characters into the arcsys molds, like making Broly the Potemkin/Iron Tager of the game (whenever he comes out.) I know they're using the stretchy limbs on guys like Buu and Piccolo to vary up moves. Budokai did the same thing btw. I'm sure any character with a weapon will use their weapon a lot, like Trunks with his sword. Anything to add some variety to what would otherwise be a very samey character set.

Super DBZ somewhat solved the similarity problem by making some characters charge characters and others motion characters, aka Super DBZ Goku had the fireball dp combo with the traditional motions, but Cell was a charge character.

I've been playing some psp shin budokai and the game is pretty fun tbh. But it feels like there was never a penultimate version of a budokai game. They all did some things well and other things poorly. Budokai 3 had a bunch of quick-time event BS that would be cancer in a serious fightan game. Shin Budokai has a small roster. Infinite World had platforming minigames. Burst Limit apparently was unfinished as fuck.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:07 pm

Cuckson wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:54 pm
His laugh is the stuff of nightmares. Like an autistic Count from Sesame Street.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:08 pm

Budokai 2 had that wierd board game style Story Mode that replaced the godly Budokai 1 cutscenes.
I think ArcSys made those Supersanic Warriors games for GBA/DS. I remember the first being bretty decent.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm

You don't even need to wait for DSP to play the new DBZ game, D Davidson already put out a video on the beta and I can tell you now when the full game is released it'll be exactly the same. Bitching about delay even when the delay counter is right there on screen, getting rekt and being salty, and inexplicably looking down at his controller whenever he gets hit. I've never really enjoyed watching DSP get smashed at fightan games as I don't play them and know nothing about them, but honestly here this game gives you all the evidence you need that DSP's eyesight and reactions are shit and he isn't learning the characters at all.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:18 pm

I like hearing about lag when the counter says 2 frames of delay, and how DSP claims 4 frames of input delay is unplayable.

As I said, you can't just mash DP your way out of pressure in arcsys fightan games. You need to answer with good defense or strong reads. DSP in street fighter loves to pick the generic shitty characters like Ryu whenever he needs wins to boost his self-confidence. He plays other characters, but he runs to the generic shotos when he needs that boost. Or, in SF2, he runs to dee jay (a top tier character with all the shoto tools.)

He can only play very basic, simple fighting games. He got rekt on Tekken and he'll get destroyed on DBFZ. It's even better that he's such a fan of Dragon Ball Z, because he'll get destroyed playing a game he SHOULD love. It should be a perfect game for him since it combines serious fighting games with a franchise he loves. But his pride won't let him take those Ls to build up skills. Blazblue Central Fiction is a fucking shark tank and the sharks are going to all swim over to DBFZ for a bite when it comes out. He legit might end up matched with tournament players on his random DBFZ streams.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:26 pm

It takes 40 frames (on 60 Hz display) for Phil to fucking react. Why has he chosen fighting games to begin with? He's only going to get worse with age.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:59 pm

DSP is clearly still holding onto his EVO success from a decade ago, like his senses are so attuned to fighting games, and a 4 frame delay just throws off his chi. Nigga that game is advertised as running at 60fps, but a 4 frame delay is just unplayable?

I got a chuckle out of the way he said it too. Like, maybe YOU scrubs can cope with a 4 frame delay, because you're TERRIBLE and you have no FIGHTING GAME FUNDAMENTALS, but I myself am a former pro fighting game player and I know better.

When was the last time he played a fighting game competitively offline anyway? When he played SF2 with Rambo like 8 years ago? Why is it even still an issue? You'd think if his fundamentals were so solid he'd have ironed out any problems with imperceptible 4 frame delays by now.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Besides, he's complaining about the delay for games where he's not familiar with any other version. There could be some kind of point in complaining abotu longer delays in say SF2 if he's too familiar with arcade-perfect ports, but even that should be something he should be able to get over.

(Then again input lag is his complaint about why he keeps losing, so why try to actually learn to deal with that?)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm
You don't even need to wait for DSP to play the new DBZ game, D Davidson already put out a video on the beta and I can tell you now when the full game is released it'll be exactly the same. Bitching about delay even when the delay counter is right there on screen, getting rekt and being salty, and inexplicably looking down at his controller whenever he gets hit. I've never really enjoyed watching DSP get smashed at fightan games as I don't play them and know nothing about them, but honestly here this game gives you all the evidence you need that DSP's eyesight and reactions are shit and he isn't learning the characters at all.

COUNTER
DUDE WTF I WAS BLAWKING

Story of his life
Can't lie when the game blares out what happened