DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Heisenberg

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by Heisenberg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:36 pm

What’s the actual story with TwitchCon? Did a staff member really look at him and say “yeah, out of all the millions of streamers, I want to show live that to a roomful of people.”

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Never forget that Phil loves to exaggerate about the most mundaine things in his life - he talks so dramatically about making a sandwich that you would think terrorist attack is about to happen, so when he says that it's going to be streamed, chances are, there will be one small LCD somewhere at the Con where you'll hear snort from time to time.

Look at this amout of streamers they are partnering with: https://www.twitchcon.com/spergelight/

The list is massive. Of course, Phil is nowhere to be seen. So he's not special at all.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm not sure how twitchcon is going to work. It sounds like a logistical nightmare if they run it like a normal convention. If it's just some kind of streaming extravaganza online, like some sort of special event on twitch, then I guess it doesn't matter. If there's no physical floorspace and ticket sales, then twitch can just invite everyone to be part of the event and put them in some put list/rotation/ask for them to make a twitchcon promo piece to advertise their channel.

Some Sick Fuck, HOLY SHIT THAT LIST.

So it's what I thought. No way are they paying for these people to fly them to some sit-down event. This is a big list and they have some way of showing all this content simultaneously at once for a special promo. Or something like that.

This is not a legit convention. It's like YouTube making some YouTube Red special event. It might even be a pyramid scheme where they expect the people they invite to the event to buy their way in.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:41 pm

I think BSV admitted that he was the one doing it (viewbotting) either on the SoK or on his thread on foxdickfarms. But I may be mistaken.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:20 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 pm
So it's what I thought. No way are they paying for these people to fly them to some sit-down event. This is a big list and they have some way of showing all this kahntent simultaneously at once for a special promo. Or something like that.
The convention happens in a physical place, I'm guessing it's going to be similar to other cons (which I've never visited and I never plan to visit a con). As for "the list" of assholes, those that have a red dot are marked for extermination seemingly invited and will appear in flesh.

So if Phil has mentioned that his stream will be played on that con, I guarantee that it's gonna happen in the corner next to N64 and PS1 and most of the time something else will likely be playing on that display, because any time someone switches back to Phil, they'll be greeted by a loud snort, which will result into total disgust and switching to something else.

I've randomly clicked on one of the attending faggots and got this: https://www.twitchcon.com/schedule/the- ... twitchcon/ - so I'm imagining it's going to be 20 of similar panels running at the same time, filling the whole place :lol: (As for the name of that panel, I'm pretty sure there will be some strong contestants to take that title for themselves.)

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 pm

They're really having a bunch of people come together to talk about what it's like being a gay person on twitch?

"I wake up, I play video games on twitch and my sexuality doesn't become an issue until I present a situation in which it is an issue. Any questions?"

There. I just did that whole panel for them so nobody else has to.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:59 pm
Never forget that Phil loves to exaggerate about the most mundaine things in his life - he talks so dramatically about making a sandwich that you would think terrorist attack is about to happen, so when he says that it's going to be streamed, chances are, there will be one small LCD somewhere at the Con where you'll hear snort from time to time.
This comes to no surprise for me. He made at least one giant rant about how he barely has any time making food for himself with all the streaming he does.
Duwango wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 am
I have precisely no knowledge or interest in NGE myself, other than the fact midwestern (and florida) sadbrains have a mesmerizing fixation for that meme anime. :lol:
Basically the same kind of people who are know celebrating their high IQs for watching R&M latched hard onto the Judeo-Christian SYMBOLISM!! of NGE - which only really exists because that stuff is cool and exotic for Glorious Nippon. There's basically no fucking reason why the giant monsters had to be called "angels", for starters. You could probably replace each instance of SYMBOLISM with a name found in a random Super Sentai show, and it'd might even make more sense.

Then the ending turned into a giant clusterfuck because they ran out of budget and the director was suffering from actual depression, which just further made the baka gaijin believe they have found something "deep".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

BigBootyDaddy

Post by BigBootyDaddy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Lets hope that this con is going to be a disaster like Dashcon. Phil could show up and be like: ''What the hell, i am like the biggest Streamer on all of Twitch, i deserve like two hours in the ball pit, thats bullshit man!''
This reminds me of my father's last words: "Don't son, that gun is loaded!"

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Twitchcon in concept reminds me a lot of fucking Dashcon. However they handle it, it's going to be a real shitshow.

Also, Sick Fuck, again, when you consider the sheer number of streamers, I really doubt they'll be able to host a venue large enough to contain just their streamers, let alone all the fans aka paypigs who decide to show up.

I mean, why would I want to hang out IRL with some fuck who streams games? I can hang out with them already every day on twitch and get more personal attention from them than I would at a huge event. I logged into a tevin stream randomly, said some shit and he immediately responded. If you show up to any stream with less than 1000 viewers and say something, people are going to notice you.

I don't get it at all. I understand comiccon or whatever because the guys behind the strips might be reclusive or super famous. Also, comic artists have talent, which no twitch streamer has.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Twitchcon in a nutshell:

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:09 pm
This comes to no surprise for me. He made at least one giant rant about how he barely has any time making food for himself with all the streaming he does.
He streams like 6 hours a day at best. How does he not have 2-3 hours left to cook a meal that lasts a few days when his workplace is at home? :lol: