Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:01 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:35 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm
You probably also think turn-based games need to die already because real-time is the logical - and superior - evolution?
not reall, the correct path of evolution for rpgs to me is this

turn based rpgs are great and classic but 2d arcade figting games are just horrible compared with what 3d games have to offer in a game where movement is a key to either win or lose

>BoF Dragon Quarter
>the game that killed one of my favorite RPG franchises forever

Guest posting was a huge mistake.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 am

cuckson wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:59 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:41 pm
How? Nobody above the age of ten ever considered the Budokay series as a credible competitive fighting game. You'll have more luck convincing even the biggest MvC knucklehead that Melee is a proper fighting game.
well to be fair i dont give a single fuck about "competitive gaming" since it seems like autistic manchilldren shit to me
as long as a game is fun to me i dont give a fuck about the rest when it comes to a fighting game
That's nice and all but most people playing fighting games do care. It's why those shitty "roam around the stage like a moron for no reason" never were popular. The closest thing to that are the more recent Naruto games which only the most shameless of all autists care for.
Budokai was never fun to play against another person. The series failed at being a good fighting game for that reason.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

cuckson

Post by cuckson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:13 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:01 am
Guest wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
You probably also think turn-based games need to die already because real-time is the logical - and superior - evolution?

turn based rpgs are great and classic but 2d arcade figting games are just horrible compared with what 3d games have to offer in a game where movement is a key to either win or lose

>BoF Dragon Quarter

Dragon quarter is a masterpiece it was just trashed because it didnt want to follow the shitty generic RPG universe the other ones had, go masturbate to BOFVI if you need that generic trash

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:24 am

I thought BoF 6 and Capcom being a dick is what killed the franchise :lol:

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:54 am

cuckson wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:13 am
Dragon quarter is a masterpiece it was just trashed because it didnt want to follow the shitty generic RPG universe the other ones had, go masturbate to BOFVI if you need that generic trash
Dragon Quarter is a piece of shit "action" RPG that completely ruined the series, so much in fact that Capcom basically gave up on it and only released a shitty mobile game to "continue" the series.

"Generic shit", it only proves that you don't know shit about games in general, and BoF in particular. BoF III is one of the best turn-based RPGs of all time, one that not only implements some amazing mechanics (skill learning/trading, the Master system, the Dragon Gene system), it also had a surprisingly refreshing plot for a 90s RPG (the main goal, for once, is NOT to save the world) and a darn good cast of characters, both main and supporting. BoF IV was also pretty good and inovative, and it had an amazing story.

BoF DQ was the edgy tale of someone who watched that Mario Bros movie and thought, "that's exactly where I want to place my next pet project!". It also plays exactly like Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, one of the WORST RPGs I played on the PS2.

Cuckson

Post by Cuckson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:40 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:54 am
cuckson wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:13 am
Dragon Quarter is a piece of shit "action" RPG that completely ruined the series, so much in fact that Capcom basically gave up on it and only released a shitty mobile game to "continue" the series.

"Generic shit", it only proves that you don't know shit about games in general, and BoF in particular. BoF III is one of the best turn-based RPGs of all time, one that not only implements some amazing mechanics (skill learning/trading, the Master system, the Dragon Gene system), it also had a surprisingly refreshing plot for a 90s RPG (the main goal, for once, is NOT to save the world) and a darn good cast of characters, both main and supporting. BoF IV was also pretty good and inovative, and it had an amazing story.

BoF DQ was the edgy tale of someone who watched that Mario Bros movie and thought, "that's exactly where I want to place my next pet project!". It also plays exactly like Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, one of the WORST RPGs I played on the PS2.
fuck off with that bullshit specially when it comes with the dragon Gene system , one of the biggest problems in the entire franchise is how weak the dragon forms are they dont feel like real transformations, DQ actually showed how powerfull a dragon should be and the PETS system is twice more inovative than all that shit together fanboys just couldnt handle someone wanted to take the franchise to a new place and trew a shit tantrum , if you really find DQ a bad game all i can tell you is to get good and stop playing FF ripoffs thinking they are more than they actually are.

NoSafeSpaceforFred

Post by NoSafeSpaceforFred » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:54 am

So Phil got hacked

and some new shit on the SoK got leaked too

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:34 am

NoSafeSpaceforFred wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:54 am
So Phil got hacked

and some new shit on the SoK got leaked too
So actually nothing interesting. Only a few people who want to look cool

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:48 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:01 am
Guest wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

>BoF Dragon Quarter

Kek

Typical normie BOF fan, I see.

I see what you're saying, but blame the public that didn't want to take the time to learn something new. If this game had come out and been billed as the spiritual sequel to Vagrant Story, nobody would have complained.

BoF 3 and 4 are great games, yes, but imo Dragon Quarter is a masterpiece. It's the best there is at what it does. I can't even think of another survival horror RPG that works as well.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome