DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Cuckson wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 pm
to expand on it the system used in the game i showed is caled Positive Encounter and Tactics System (PETS), which is described by Capcom as a "combined real-time and turn-based combat" a mixure of both allows the player to explore and use the enviroment arround him in battle while retaining some of the clasic rpg battle elements, each character and enemy present take action by order of their "agility" statistic, with each participant allowed free movement around the battle area during their turn. Characters are given an allocation of Active Points (AP) at the start of each turn, with the number decreasing with each step and attack they make. Attacks are divided into three levels, with higher level attacks costing more AP to use but dealing more damage.
Turn based in an rpg is more than great because strategy is a key to win in those kinds of games and that takes time and planning
That would be pretty new and innovative for me if I've never played stuff like Silent Storm, Neptunia or Valkyria. Even old Grandia 2 has some weird hybrid thing going on.
Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:35 pm
turn based rpgs are great and classic but 2d arcade figting games are just horrible compared with what 3d games have to offer in a game where movement is a key to either win or lose
2d arcade fighters have the best jumps. qed.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Netherrealm games have always been shit, though. BDZ is a super strong license, especially with niggers, and looks to play a lot like Mahvel. That's exactly the playerbase Mahvel has.
MK and especially It'sJustAss are only played for the tournament money and then dropped. ArcSys is much more respected as a dev and BDZ is at least as strong of a franchise as Marvel. The previous games just never were up to tournament play standards.

I already said that Mahvel won't go anywhere. Capcom is making sure that the EVO gears stay well-greased and is sucking the dicks of the pros to shill their crap. But players have fallen out of love for their shit games a long while ago. Good competition is the last thing they need. They never had direct competition before and that has kept them alive for so long, despite Dimps trying their hardest to kill Capcom dead.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Top quality youtube shitpost.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Guest wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm
You probably also think turn-based games need to die already because real-time is the logical - and superior - evolution?
not reall, the correct path of evolution for rpgs to me is this

turn based rpgs are great and classic but 2d arcade figting games are just horrible compared with what 3d games have to offer in a game where movement is a key to either win or lose
It's sad, because you have amazing taste in RPGs, yet apparently bad taste in fightan games.

Like Kugel said, your argument would have been stronger if you'd brought up Tekken and Virtua Fighter compared to SFV and Blazblue. But if you're going to compare a gundam anime game vs Blazblue, well sheeeeeit. Blazblue is deeper, no question.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

cuckson

Post by cuckson » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:41 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 pm
Guest wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm
You probably also think turn-based games need to die already because real-time is the logical - and superior - evolution?
not reall, the correct path of evolution for rpgs to me is this

It's sad, because you have amazing taste in RPGs, yet apparently bad taste in fightan games.

Like Kugel said, your argument would have been stronger if you'd brought up Tekken and Virtua Fighter compared to SFV and Blazblue. But if you're going to compare a gundam anime game vs Blazblue, well sheeeeeit. Blazblue is deeper, no question.
well we were talking about a DBZ game /dbz games in general so it seemed a more appropiate example

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:41 pm

How? Nobody above the age of ten ever considered the Budokay series as a credible competitive fighting game. You'll have more luck convincing even the biggest MvC knucklehead that Melee is a proper fighting game.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:41 pm
How? Nobody above the age of ten ever considered the Budokay series as a credible competitive fighting game. You'll have more luck convincing even the biggest MvC knucklehead that Melee is a proper fighting game.
Budokai was never credible. Anything with that big of balancing and use of items cannot count. It's why X Tekkken was thrown away before it even got the first patch that fixed most the issues. Dragon Ball hasn't had a single credible game up until now. The snes games were before tournaments got big so those also do not count.

cuckson

Post by cuckson » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
well to be fair i dont give a single fuck about "competitive gaming" since it seems like autistic manchilldren shit to me
as long as a game is fun to me i dont give a fuck about the rest when it comes to a fighting game

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:06 pm

cuckson wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:59 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
well to be fair i dont give a single fuck about "competitive gaming" since it seems like autistic manchilldren shit to me
as long as a game is fun to me i dont give a fuck about the rest when it comes to a fighting game
And on that level you are telling me the new DBZ game doesn't look fun? It captures the insane speed of DBZ and laser hand shit much better than that slow and clunky looking PS2 game.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:24 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:06 pm
cuckson wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:59 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
And on that level you are telling me the new DBZ game doesn't look fun? It captures the insane speed of DBZ and laser hand shit much better than that slow and clunky looking PS2 game.
i dont know man, MVC3 looked fast and fun, then i got to hold it and was a slow piece of crap compared to the other MVC games ( even marvel superheroes vs street fighter)
to me those games are faster and more fun because you can actually explore your surroundings and use them as cover, you can dodge stuff by moving to a side at fast speed and other stuff, this... just looks like another MVC3