DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
FuckSploony

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by FuckSploony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:17 pm
You do need to grind if you're a total scrub who's never learned anything about the games, though.

I confess I am looking forward to the Bloodborne redemption run even though I know exactly how it'll go. Grind to a ludicrous level, tank and spank everything, chat handholding. However I am genuinely curious to see him take on Orphan of Kos, because realistically no amount of grinding can prepare DSP for that fucker. You have to actually learn the game and have some semblance of parry timing even if you are ludicrously overlevelled, you can't just mash 2H and hope for the best.
Funny thing is, i killed Orphan, Lady Maria and Ludwig on my 1st try, but in my case i was using a +10 weapon at the time and i know how to fucking parry, i think i parried Maria until like 50% of her HP and then just stopped and went nuts on her 2-handing... as soon as she got out of her 3rd phase animation i had her at 1 hit from a KO.

Orphan i did parried him a few times in phase one, which didnt give me many problems. I do however had problems at phase 2... since he jumps around waaaay to much and i didnt knew about his moveset, but in the end i did kill him.

Ludwig was much easier, on beast form i was using the Saw Spear so i did 20% extra damage from the get go, and on his 2nd phase i totally destroyed him... dont know why, but Ludwig 1st phase is a bitch, but 2nd is really easy for me.

I do remember that the hardest part for me in Bloodborne was Bloodstarved Beast on my 1st time i played the game, he just fucking wrecked me like a dozen times, now i dont have problems, but that first game was a nightmare since i wasnt good at parrying and on top of that the Blood Cocktails didnt fucking work... the fucker just ignored them (now patched they work fine). I also had (and still do) problems with some chalice bosses, like the fucking fire dog, and the Bloodletting Beast (headless), bastards are still a pain.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 am
Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:20 am
I recently finished Demon Souls after years of postponing it due to being distracted fro it by other games - and I confess that I ran the game offline for most of the time. But that's because I wanted to do the Pure World Tendency events, and being online screws your World Tendency if you ever have to reload the game. Nothing I could do, dood.
You're not wrong to do that. World tendency and the blacksmith are both pretty big areas where the game needed improvement. I typically disregard world tendency and just do whatever events present themselves. But later games did improve those aspects and, contrary to what DSP said, you don't need to grind at all to play DeS. You get 4-5 weapons handed to you which are the equivalent of +7 weapons. You only NEED to grind if you have a very specific-ass build and weapon set you want to use.
As long as you know what you're doing, (and willing to be cheap), Demon Souls isn't all that hard. I played the game using an Hypermode build (30% HP with Clever Rat Ring all the time) and it was a cakewalk, except for certain specific parts. The only parts I really had any problem with were Black Phantom Lord Ridell (since I didn't want to snipe him with my bow, because that would be too easy, and his staff attacks break through shield guard) and Old King Allant, because my weapon of choice (Magic Winged Spear) was dealing shit damage to him (I ended up killing him using Soul Lances after I got his attack pattern figured out). Most of the time, you can abuse a Sticky Compound Longbow + Hard arrows with the Thief Ring and cheap your way out of any fight, including most bosses, on a very low Soul level (you may have to grind a little to be able to purchase make a Sticky bow +5, plus to stockpile the arrows, but still, you can do it on a very low Soul Level).

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:09 pm

FuckSploony wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm
Funny thing is, i killed Orphan, Lady Maria and Ludwig on my 1st try, but in my case i was using a +10 weapon at the time and i know how to fucking parry, i think i parried Maria until like 50% of her HP and then just stopped and went nuts on her 2-handing... as soon as she got out of her 3rd phase animation i had her at 1 hit from a KO.

Orphan i did parried him a few times in phase one, which didnt give me many problems. I do however had problems at phase 2... since he jumps around waaaay to much and i didnt knew about his moveset, but in the end i did kill him.

Ludwig was much easier, on beast form i was using the Saw Spear so i did 20% extra damage from the get go, and on his 2nd phase i totally destroyed him... dont know why, but Ludwig 1st phase is a bitch, but 2nd is really easy for me.

I do remember that the hardest part for me in Bloodborne was Bloodstarved Beast on my 1st time i played the game, he just fucking wrecked me like a dozen times, now i dont have problems, but that first game was a nightmare since i wasnt good at parrying and on top of that the Blood Cocktails didnt fucking work... the fucker just ignored them (now patched they work fine). I also had (and still do) problems with some chalice bosses, like the fucking fire dog, and the Bloodletting Beast (headless), bastards are still a pain.
Bloodborne actually has a really even difficulty curve, so much so that it seems to get easier as you go through the game as you learn the mechanics and get better at the game. If anything it could do with a few more spikes towards the endgame. I really struggled with BSB and Vicar Amelia but beat Logarius on my 2nd try, Ebrietas on my 1st try, Gehrman 2nd try because by that point I knew what I was doing and the difficulty wasn't scaled to account for that. The Old Hunters was actually scaled pretty well so that it got more challenging as you went through it to account for player skill. Not just the bosses, but those cunt whales in the fishing hamlet gave me a lot of trouble. I remember Orphan and Laurence being really challenging, made Ludwig look like a cakewalk. I'd be amazed if DSP finishes it, unless he grinds to like level 160 or something.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is the Maria fight. That's far and away my favourite fight in the Souls series, and you know DSP is going to shit all over it with "WOW DOOD WHAT A FAIR BOSS" when he fails to dodge her charge attack, and he'll be constantly cracking his hurr durr tits """"jokes"""" and completely miss all the story told through the boss fight.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 pm

DeS isn't even hard if you're unwilling to be cheap. You can roll the entire game using gear you find with a generic build. There are equivalent to +7 weapons lying on the ground for every build type. If you have a magic build, you can run a crescent falchion or mercury rapier. If you want a strength build, there's an axe for you. If you want faith build, blessed mace.

Or a generic build can just pick up the crescent falchion and dragon long sword and roll the entire game with those. Again, those weapons are the equivalents to +7 weapons and you find them on the fucking ground with trivial usage requirements.

It's for reasons like this as well as grass stacking to 99 each that I would argue DeS is one of the easiest souls games, not the hardest. For fuck's sake, crescent weapons give you magic regen and blessed weapons give you hp regen! Dark Souls 2 did a LOT to address DeS complaints and make early finds less broken while still being useful. The fire longsword, heide knight sword etc are very good weapons, but they are not *broken* good like the crescent falchion, dragon long sword and DS1 claymore were.

It hurts my soul a little to see DSP shit up these amazing games with his trash scrub gameplay and little bitchboy complaints.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:17 pm
You do need to grind if you're a total scrub who's never learned anything about the games, though.

I confess I am looking forward to the Bloodborne redemption run even though I know exactly how it'll go. Grind to a ludicrous level, tank and spank everything, chat handholding. However I am genuinely curious to see him take on Orphan of Kos, because realistically no amount of grinding can prepare DSP for that fucker. You have to actually learn the game and have some semblance of parry timing even if you are ludicrously overlevelled, you can't just mash 2H and hope for the best.
He's not supposed to do any of these things, but he probably will. The reason I bolded grinding is he might not actually grind that much since he's not willing to play offscreen these days, and grinding is boring onstream gameplay. His paypigs might not pay him as much if he's just grinding blood vials.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:52 pm

I suppose if he isn't willing to grind he might scrape by just by watching a few how to videos on Youtube, but he'd have to completely overhaul his playing style which is atrocious. Seriously, he mashes using slow, two-handed Ludwig's Holy Blade. The point of mashing is to hit as rapidly as possible, so using a slow 2H weapons defeats the point. It seems DSP can't even master the scrubbiest of scrub tactics. :lol:

I still don't think he'll finish it without grinding offscreen. The alternative is DSP actually learns something and changes his play style, to me that sounds far less likely than him staying up til 5am grinding. Or using exploits/bugs if there still are any.

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:29 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 pm
DeS isn't even hard if you're unwilling to be cheap. You can roll the entire game using gear you find with a generic build. There are equivalent to +7 weapons lying on the ground for every build type. If you have a magic build, you can run a crescent falchion or mercury rapier. If you want a strength build, there's an axe for you. If you want faith build, blessed mace.

Or a generic build can just pick up the crescent falchion and dragon long sword and roll the entire game with those. Again, those weapons are the equivalents to +7 weapons and you find them on the fucking ground with trivial usage requirements.

It's for reasons like this as well as grass stacking to 99 each that I would argue DeS is one of the easiest souls games, not the hardest. For fuck's sake, crescent weapons give you magic regen and blessed weapons give you hp regen! Dark Souls 2 did a LOT to address DeS complaints and make early finds less broken while still being useful. The fire longsword, heide knight sword etc are very good weapons, but they are not *broken* good like the crescent falchion, dragon long sword and DS1 claymore were.

It hurts my soul a little to see DSP shit up these amazing games with his trash scrub gameplay and little bitchboy complaints.
I think the only reason DeS is still regarded as hard is pretty much because you are forced to go around at 50-70% health, and without being aware of world tendency, you can fuck up fairly easy and find yourself at 50% HP in a dark world, which means you can die in 1-2 hits consistently.

Of course, at this point, that i know what to do on each of this games, i feel that im not able to make a truly unbiased opinion about difficulty anymore, since i have played this games for so many years that i have already forgotten must of my first time playing them.

Still, the free upgraded weapons are really broken (specially the crescent falchion) and every single fucking time they add something like this in any of the games, you can bet it will make the game considerably easier.

(just a note, not all weapons are +7 variants, only the magical ones, the weapons like Crushing Battleaxe and so on are +4 equivalents, since they can be made from a +3 weapon, while magical ones need a +6)

Sure, in DS2 the heide sword and fire sword are not AS good as the ones in DeS, but they are still good and trivialize the early game, its a free upgrade from very early in the game and you can roll with them very far into the game still, i remember using the fire longsword all the way into the end of the game, only time i changed weapons was when i decided to get into the DLC.

Dark Souls 3 repeated this mistake with the Deep Battleaxe, a dark weapon found in the first 20 mins of the game that requires low stats and deals damage without scaling with stats (and its dark damage, pretty much the best in the game), i have been playing DS3 and im already at Anor Londo and i have only used this axe and ONLY upgraded at +3 since i didnt wanted to use the next upgrade stones until i got a new weapon.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:52 pm
I suppose if he isn't willing to grind he might scrape by just by watching a few how to videos on Youtube, but he'd have to completely overhaul his playing style which is atrocious. Seriously, he mashes using slow, two-handed Ludwig's Holy Blade. The point of mashing is to hit as rapidly as possible, so using a slow 2H weapons defeats the point. It seems DSP can't even master the scrubbiest of scrub tactics. :lol:

I still don't think he'll finish it without grinding offscreen. The alternative is DSP actually learns something and changes his play style, to me that sounds far less likely than him staying up til 5am grinding. Or using exploits/bugs if there still are any.
I seriously don't think he's willing to grind offscreen anymore, because his greed is too strong. If he grinds, that's time where he's not onstream and can't get bits and tips. He also can't upload those videos of him grinding to jewtube to make money.

So my bet is he'll play bloodborne until he hits a wall that requires him to grind, and then he'll either do a "grinding stream session" or he'll ragequit the entire fucking game. :lol:

I'm pretty sure he just ragequit DeS in his "redemption run."
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:04 pm

FuckSploony wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:29 pm

I think the only reason DeS is still regarded as hard is pretty much because you are forced to go around at 50-70% health, and without being aware of world tendency, you can fuck up fairly easy and find yourself at 50% HP in a dark world, which means you can die in 1-2 hits consistently.

Of course, at this point, that i know what to do on each of this games, i feel that im not able to make a truly unbiased opinion about difficulty anymore, since i have played this games for so many years that i have already forgotten must of my first time playing them.

Still, the free upgraded weapons are really broken (specially the crescent falchion) and every single fucking time they add something like this in any of the games, you can bet it will make the game considerably easier.

(just a note, not all weapons are +7 variants, only the magical ones, the weapons like Crushing Battleaxe and so on are +4 equivalents, since they can be made from a +3 weapon, while magical ones need a +6)

Sure, in DS2 the heide sword and fire sword are not AS good as the ones in DeS, but they are still good and trivialize the early game, its a free upgrade from very early in the game and you can roll with them very far into the game still, i remember using the fire longsword all the way into the end of the game, only time i changed weapons was when i decided to get into the DLC.

Dark Souls 3 repeated this mistake with the Deep Battleaxe, a dark weapon found in the first 20 mins of the game that requires low stats and deals damage without scaling with stats (and its dark damage, pretty much the best in the game), i have been playing DS3 and im already at Anor Londo and i have only used this axe and ONLY upgraded at +3 since i didnt wanted to use the next upgrade stones until i got a new weapon.
Well, my other point about fire longsword and heide knight sword is these weapons get more benefit from specific builds due to the scaling. Fire longsword is not as OP as crescent falchion, but it may be more useful for a magic build than almost every other weapon in the game, at least until after you've beaten the Iron Keep. So the early OPness of the weapons is nerfed compared to your drake swords and claymores, but the long-term benefit is greater.

Now, the Magic Mace is just fucking broken to shit. It's as broken as the crescent falchion.

I do agree that they need to keep nerfing early weapon finds. There should be GOOD early weapon choices for every build, but not OP ones.

Going around levels at 50-70% health is no big deal. There's no ring better than the Cling Ring in the entire fucking game imo. And being at 70% health is trivial as a difficulty modifier. Just assume you're always going to be at 70% and adjust your expectations. Build your character with an eye for increasing health with spare souls so that your adjusted health (70%) is what you'd WANT your actual health meter to be. It's not a hard concept at all. It's also often shocking how little damage some attacks do in DeS.

Souls games are only hard until you learn about the games a bit. DSP having played all of these souls games at least once should have some idea already of how to build characters and what early weapons might be good. But no. The sad thing is he could have easily rolled with MULTIPLE different (found) weapon options in DeS to make his playthrough grind-free and fairly painless. You have to go out of your way (aka buy weapons from vendors) to not break DeS with something like the dragon long sword. It's free and a fucking monster.

As for world tendency, only deaths in human form count against your tendency. I'm not suggesting DSP is smart enough to kill himself in the nexus to avoid fucking up WT. But if he would just PLAY NORMALLY, he would die once, equip his cling ring and play in spirit form until beating the next demon. But I know he didn't do that because I saw footage of his DeS run recently and he was spamming the humanity items for some reason. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just why? Being at 70% isn't a big deal. He also unplugged his ethernet because he was petrified of invaders. He should have fucking played in spirit mode if he wanted to be such a giant pussy. When I don't feel like being fucked with (certain levels are magnets for troll invaders,) I just stay in spirit mode.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:05 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm

So my bet is he'll play bloodborne until he hits a wall that requires him to grind, and then he'll either do a "grinding stream session" or he'll ragequit the entire fucking game. :lol:
The thing is, I can totally, 100% visualise this happening. He'd market it as a SPECIAL GRINDING STREAM with SPECIAL TIP AND SUB GOALS too.