Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
cuckson

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by cuckson » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:50 am

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:38 am
rpgworm wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:55 pm
Watch, the same shit will happen to Marvel and DBZ, everybody loves DBZ fighters, but when push comes to shove, you know it's "Marvel baby", and only few people will stick with DBZ.
DBZ is popular with normies, it will attract enough of a player base to compete with Marvel unlike Blazblue or Guilty Gear. It's look alone will carry it to a decent sized player base.

Also, Tekken 7 still has legs and has more active players that Street Fighter 5 online. Capcom fighters aren't going anywhere but they're getting competition.
i know its not really the conversation here but to me DBZ games are utter shit these days, i cant understand how can someone play them tbqh , to mee it all peacked in tenaichi 3 for the ps2 after that all DBZ games have been inferior in more than one way

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:12 am

cuckson wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:50 am
Poonoo wrote:
rpgworm wrote:
Watch, the same shit will happen to Marvel and DBZ, everybody loves DBZ fighters, but when push comes to shove, you know it's "Marvel baby", and only few people will stick with DBZ.
DBZ is popular with normies, it will attract enough of a player base to compete with Marvel unlike Blazblue or Guilty Gear. It's look alone will carry it to a decent sized player base.

Also, Tekken 7 still has legs and has more active players that Street Fighter 5 online. Capcom fighters aren't going anywhere but they're getting competition.
i know its not really the conversation here but to me DBZ games are utter shit these days, i cant understand how can someone play them tbqh , to mee it all peacked in tenaichi 3 for the ps2 after that all DBZ games have been inferior in more than one way
Bodukai Tenkaichi 2 is pretty great
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:04 am

cuckson wrote:
Poonoo wrote:
rpgworm wrote:

That's why FighterZ will do well. Many hate the new games and have been waiting for a good one for a while. That and the game looking the way it does will draw people in.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:18 pm
KoF looks fucking terrible. KoF 13 was the right direction for this franchise and they ruined it IMO.
Sure about that? Even I thought the girls in KoF 13 looked too moe (with fucked-up proportions as a bonus), and what the fuck was up with them filling almost every stage background with Boogies?
My main beef with 14 is that they didn't go with even slight cell-shading, but tried to be "realistic".
cuckson wrote:
But unlike all the other ones since, Fighter Z isn't made by Dimps or however they're called, but by ArcSys, who actually know how to make a good fighting game.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Cuckson

Post by Cuckson » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:21 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:18 pm
KoF looks fucking terrible. KoF 13 was the right direction for this franchise and they ruined it IMO.
Sure about that? Even I thought the girls in KoF 13 looked too moe (with fucked-up proportions as a bonus), and what the fuck was up with them filling almost every stage background with Boogies?
My main beef with 14 is that they didn't go with even slight cell-shading, but tried to be "realistic".
cuckson wrote:
But unlike all the other ones since, Fighter Z isn't made by Dimps or however they're called, but by ArcSys, who actually know how to make a good fighting game.
>2d game its shit, fighting games work much better with open field
compare how stiff this is
compared with this:

2d games should have died a long time ago

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm

You probably also think turn-based games need to die already because real-time is the logical - and superior - evolution?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:35 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm
You probably also think turn-based games need to die already because real-time is the logical - and superior - evolution?
not reall, the correct path of evolution for rpgs to me is this

turn based rpgs are great and classic but 2d arcade figting games are just horrible compared with what 3d games have to offer in a game where movement is a key to either win or lose

Cuckson

Post by Cuckson » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:35 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm
not reall, the correct path of evolution for rpgs to me is this

turn based rpgs are great and classic but 2d arcade figting games are just horrible compared with what 3d games have to offer in a game where movement is a key to either win or lose
to expand on it the system used in the game i showed is caled Positive Encounter and Tactics System (PETS), which is described by Capcom as a "combined real-time and turn-based combat" a mixure of both allows the player to explore and use the enviroment arround him in battle while retaining some of the clasic rpg battle elements, each character and enemy present take action by order of their "agility" statistic, with each participant allowed free movement around the battle area during their turn. Characters are given an allocation of Active Points (AP) at the start of each turn, with the number decreasing with each step and attack they make. Attacks are divided into three levels, with higher level attacks costing more AP to use but dealing more damage.
Turn based in an rpg is more than great because strategy is a key to win in those kinds of games and that takes time and planning

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:52 pm

The new DBZ fighter will take a HUGE chunk of Mahvel players away. It looks gorgeous and hype as fuck. MvC will stick around thanks to Capcom pouring money into the pools and paying players to shill the piece of shit. But it will suffer a lot from normalfags going with DBZ.

Cuckson, you took absolutely craptastic examples for 3D fighters. If you want to make an argument you could've gone with Soul Calibur, Tekken and Virtua Fighter but decided to go with trashy weebshit that never played good.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Have to see how it plays out, but looking back on other fighting games and situations like that, games that are not stablished have a hard time retaining players. people talk shit about Capcom, but so far they the largest base.

And we can see with the nether realm studios games that sales (which they go very well for MK and Injustice) don't mean much in terms of players retainment.

And maybe that is what is going to happen to this new DBZ game, it is going to sell well, them Normies will play and have fun, the FGC will praise as being the second coming of Christ.... and then when the tournaments start and the whole hype shit begins, they will turn over to Marvel.