DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kama

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by Kama » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:52 pm

I can't really give any thoughts on the FGC itself but it always seemed to me in the case of SFV Phil doesn't hate it for the reasons others hate it although his arguments come off the same. I think he just hates it because it's another fighting game where all he does is lose. Because while he's not wrong about SFV being shit how much of it is him reading off what other people say is wrong with it so he doesn't have to admit that he really hates it because pushing buttons wasn't working like it would in fucking Turbo?

Also I'm genuinely surprised Phil plays other games at this point. He seems to get the most attention playing fighting games. Considering how Phil loves to drop anything that doesn't work I would think at some point he'd drop playing every game except fighting games so he can profit off his own salt.

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Yeah, the main complain is that SFV is dumbed down, which it kinda is, then again you could do just fine in previous SFs withou knowing the 1 frame combos and all that, if you have good fundamentals and be can on the neutral game, you can do fine, SF was always about more the chess like game play, instead of being a execution monster like the arcsys games.

The thing that Kills SFV is that it doesn´t allow much for different setups or variety when playing a character. Every Cammy plays the same, very Akuma does the Tokido stuff, the skill of the individual comes when playing footisies, shimmy (when you try to bait a throw) and reactions. And look, I kinda like SFV, but it is hard to deny the game gets a bit boring after a while.

Every now and then I go back to SFV because it is easy to pick up and play, but after a while, winning or losing, I get bored.

KOFXIV is a much more exciting game, but you need to put the time on it if you wanna have a good time, and by a good time I don´t mean winning, but just to understand the game if you wanna have more satisfaction from the online play. Same with Guilty Gear. And unfortunatly, time is not something I have anymore...

On that regard, SFV is making a killing, yeah, it didn´t sell much, but Capcom is making bank with their DLCs (even thought it has fight money, people pay for a lot of shit) and it is retaining the most players and it is by FAR the most popular fighting game at the moment.

But you are right, Phil hates SFV because he was getting bodied, same with every single fighting game he plays, I don´t think I ever saw him playing a game withou lag (except when he wins), when he you can tell he is at best a mediocre player, and he doesn´t put any time to learn the game. Even the most begginer at least goes online with a couple of combos down.

Phil loves to spout FGC lingo, and act likes he understands the games, but he doesn't, even someone who knows shit about tekken like me, could tell he was full of it when trying to explain why he was getting his shit pushed in.

And I just went to check if his SFII videos make any views, from his last session, just ONE of them managed to break 1k views... His channel as whole is dead, even his new game videos can´t break 10K.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:44 pm

And why would they watch his new videos? There are only so many permutations of stringing together excuses including "scrub", "lag", and "I didn't do that". His fighting game streams are like some IRL version of the Endless Eight Arc.

As for SF, that series will always have the advantage of name recognition and professional players being too afraid to adapt to different games.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kama

Post by Kama » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:07 pm

rpgworm wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:29 pm
Yeah, the main complain is that SFV is dumbed down, which it kinda is, then again you could do just fine in previous SFs withou knowing the 1 frame combos and all that, if you have good fundamentals and be can on the neutral game, you can do fine, SF was always about more the chess like game play, instead of being a execution monster like the arcsys games.

The thing that Kills SFV is that it doesn´t allow much for different setups or variety when playing a character. Every Cammy plays the same, very Akuma does the Tokido stuff, the skill of the individual comes when playing footisies, shimmy (when you try to bait a throw) and reactions. And look, I kinda like SFV, but it is hard to deny the game gets a bit boring after a while.

Every now and then I go back to SFV because it is easy to pick up and play, but after a while, winning or losing, I get bored.

KOFXIV is a much more exciting game, but you need to put the time on it if you wanna have a good time, and by a good time I don´t mean winning, but just to understand the game if you wanna have more satisfaction from the online play. Same with Guilty Gear. And unfortunatly, time is not something I have anymore...

On that regard, SFV is making a killing, yeah, it didn´t sell much, but Capcom is making bank with their DLCs (even thought it has fight money, people pay for a lot of shit) and it is retaining the most players and it is by FAR the most popular fighting game at the moment.

But you are right, Phil hates SFV because he was getting bodied, same with every single fighting game he plays, I don´t think I ever saw him playing a game withou lag (except when he wins), when he you can tell he is at best a mediocre player, and he doesn´t put any time to learn the game. Even the most begginer at least goes online with a couple of combos down.

Phil loves to spout FGC lingo, and act likes he understands the games, but he doesn't, even someone who knows shit about tekken like me, could tell he was full of it when trying to explain why he was getting his shit pushed in.

And I just went to check if his SFII videos make any views, from his last session, just ONE of them managed to break 1k views... His channel as whole is dead, even his new game videos can´t break 10K.
It's not about fighting games but I felt the same boredom with Overwatch that you did with SFV tbh.

SFV has a lot of problems. MvsCI also has a lot of problems it seems and that isn't even out yet. Capcom has been really shitting the bed lately.

But yeah when Phil tries to talk like some legit FGC player he just comes off like a joker spouting shit. But I guess no one would take him seriously if he just said that he hated the game because he sucks at it.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:33 pm

rpgworm wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:15 pm
But I get the feeling that deep down Phill knows he doesn´t get along with other people and the main reason why he insists on doing this youtube/stream gig, which he hates, you can tell he is miserable, is because not only he can´t get a job, he couldn´'t keep one as well, not have the stomach to deal with others, more so a boss telling him he did a bad job.
Him being in his house and not bothering his potential future coworkers is a win in my book :lol:

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Forgot to add, if anything the coworkers DSP deserves if he ever gets any should be Spoony and Angry Joe in a mcdonalds.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:18 pm

rpgworm wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:55 pm
To be fair to Phill, online play of this Ultra SF2 is a shitshow. Played at a firends house, and it is really bad. Not to mention, nobody is playing it, because not only the net code sucks, the game is old and nobody cares about SF2 besides Phil, because it is the only thing that reminds him of better days of his miserable life.

Shit talk SFV all you want, I do, but if you want to play a large amount of people online with good connections, SFV has it. People like like KOFXIV, but that games needs a ton of work to be able to play consistenly, and while Guilty Gear is fun, air dashers are not for everybody and the game is very niche, so don´t expect a lot of people, and with that, better connections. Wait when Max streams Guilty Gear, and then you will see a bunch of people playing the game.

I don´t play tekken or NRS games, so I don´t know. But the impression is that the FGC loves to crap on SFV and profess their love to Guilty Gear and KOF, but still everybody is playing SFV not just because there is a large body of people playing, it is also because it doesn't take much time to "git guud".

Watch, the same shit will happen to Marvel and DBZ, everybody loves DBZ fighters, but when push comes to shove, you know it's "Marvel baby", and only few people will stick with DBZ.

Back to Phil. Holy crap, been a while since I saw him get this worked up, this some good 2010 Phil shit, awesome. Funny thing is that he still is playing this shit show, when he dropped much better games way earlier, also claiming lag. And we all know why he plays it, because he can win on SF2, its the balm he has for his fracturated ego, but hey, I ain´t complaning, I think he should keep playing this game, this is the most entertaining he has been in years playing games (aside from the fuck ups like masturbating, getting cucked or going bankrupted).
KoF looks fucking terrible. KoF 13 was the right direction for this franchise and they ruined it IMO.

Anime fighters are looking dope as hell this season with the blazblue crossover, Central Fiction still around and DBZ fighter, but not everyone plays those as you said.

Tekken 7 looks fucking awesome and is a huge deal right now. It's the first tekken game in possibly forever that has non-Tekken gamers picking it up.

But as you said, SFV is "the" fighting game that people play. Because it's easy. You can daigo parry doing the macarena because Capcom wanted an easy entry for casual players. BUT... Both SF2 Ultra and SFV have about 8 frames or so of native lag, so neither is better than the other in that respect.

You are right that nobody cares about Ultra 2. It was a novelty. It's a shitty version of an old game.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:20 pm

suzaku wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:52 pm
I can't really give any thoughts on the FGC itself but it always seemed to me in the case of SFV Phil doesn't hate it for the reasons others hate it although his arguments come off the same. I think he just hates it because it's another fighting game where all he does is lose. Because while he's not wrong about SFV being shit how much of it is him reading off what other people say is wrong with it so he doesn't have to admit that he really hates it because pushing buttons wasn't working like it would in fucking Turbo?
He also hates learning. SFV has shit in it that's new for the street fighter franchise, and he got really fucking triggered about that. Like certain moves not doing chip damage anymore and characters not having the same movesets he remembers from SFIV/SF2.

TBH if he's going to waste time playing SF2 on Switch, he should go play SFIV Ultra instead.

And his channel is fucking dead as dead. I was looking at his channel and his day 1, part 1 of a playthrough for a new game like Sanic Mania or Agents of Mayhem? That shit was getting maybe 5,000 views or a bit more. He used to get like 15,000 earlier this year. His channel is dying really fast thanks to this twitch shit, and the youtube demonetization is going to reduce his income even further.

I'm telling you, 2018 and he'll be gone unless he downsizes from that house right away.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

cuckson

Post by cuckson » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:46 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:20 pm
suzaku wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:52 pm
He also hates learning. SFV has shit in it that's new for the street fighter franchise, and he got really fucking triggered about that. Like certain moves not doing chip damage anymore and characters not having the same movesets he remembers from SFIV/SF2.

TBH if he's going to waste time playing SF2 on Switch, he should go play SFIV Ultra instead.

And his channel is fucking dead as dead. I was looking at his channel and his day 1, part 1 of a playthrough for a new game like Sanic Mania or Agents of Mayhem? That shit was getting maybe 5,000 views or a bit more. He used to get like 15,000 earlier this year. His channel is dying really fast thanks to this twitch shit, and the youtube demonetization is going to reduce his income even further.

I'm telling you, 2018 and he'll be gone unless he downsizes from that house right away.

people rather wait for the TIHYDP than actually watch phil suck at the game

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:38 am

rpgworm wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:55 pm
Watch, the same shit will happen to Marvel and DBZ, everybody loves DBZ fighters, but when push comes to shove, you know it's "Marvel baby", and only few people will stick with DBZ.
DBZ is popular with normies, it will attract enough of a player base to compete with Marvel unlike Blazblue or Guilty Gear. It's look alone will carry it to a decent sized player base.

Also, Tekken 7 still has legs and has more active players that Street Fighter 5 online. Capcom fighters aren't going anywhere but they're getting competition.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.