The Skeptic Community

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: The Skeptic Community

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:14 am

Go back to the youtube home page after watching a few subscription videos and not only is it showing me Septic Tank Lite but also, "Bearing but not Australian."

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCexksL ... =IrateBear

What's the deal, here? Youtube finally has these big name Skeptic™ channels flagged and is now starting to filter in their lesser known variants that do the exact same thing?

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:11 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:54 pm
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCswrOz ... tyCrusader

So uhhhh

Armored Septic Tank Lite, here, is popping up in my youtube recommendations even though I don't even watched Armored Septic Tank.
Joined Jan 24, 2016

Description
Taking as many litres of p*ss out of stupid people and ideas as I can, I also believe in real liberalism, actual freedom of speech and equality for everybody, not the watered down mockeries those ideas have become in a lot of popular media, also I like to make stupid jokes and swear a lot
I can't figure out what about this person makes them any more unique than any other channel that does this. What value are they adding to the internet with their presence?
Do they unironically use this: http://iguananaut.net/ysng/ to create their channel names? At first I thought That description is laughable, but than it struck me, it's the same type of shit AlphaOmegaSin had on his Patreon. Do any of them want to be taken seriously anymore?

It doesn't matter I fyou watch septic, the yt recomendations are very good at finding those lesser channels and putting them in front of you, but fear not the limited state is here to rescue us all. Did any of you seen how a video in the limited state limbo looks like? The surrounding empty whitness is just sad.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Haha, yeah I've seen that shit. Black Pigeon Speaks got hit with that. Any channel youtube deems racist will have all its comments, likes, ratings and everything else removed around it. I'm not sure if that video even shows up on the website unless you search directly for it.

I can only hope I've virtue signaled hard enough when I was shitting on manosphere scam artists to avoid the cull. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Black Pigeon is probably on some kind of liberal watch list.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:17 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:02 pm
Any channel youtube deems racist will have all its comments, likes, ratings and everything else removed around it. I'm not sure if that video even shows up on the website unless you search directly for it.
I'm pretty sure it's video based, because one of the feature your videos looses is the link to the channel which published the video. It won't appear in the search results as well, you have to have a direct link. [checked it wasn't in youtube search results, but was in google search results, It might be just cached though] Moreover you have to consent before viewing a video like that.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:22 pm

So basically all alt-right videos are going to get flagged with this. kek

Black Pigeon was a pretty mediocre or average altrighter. He wasn't especially racist or anything.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:27 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 pm
Black Pigeon is probably on some kind of liberal watch list.
The Rational Wiki (the lefty version of Conservapedia) already has an article on him.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:02 pm

Wouldn't people just start directing people to their own websites and embedding the Youtube videos on it? So, doing what Channel Awesome was doing for the past 8 years or so?

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:44 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:02 pm
Wouldn't people just start directing people to their own websites and embedding the Youtube videos on it? So, doing what Channel Awesome was doing for the past 8 years or so?
YouTube is what killed Channel Awesome. Instead of visiting Channel Awesome for updates they just subscribed the interior crocodile-alligator's channels they liked and ceased to use Channel Awesome as a hub. Why go to a website to see if a person has uploaded a video when YouTube will tell me when they uploaded a video. There is no incentive in taking the time to go to an author's personal website, ever.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:33 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:44 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:02 pm
YouTube is what killed Channel Awesome. Instead of visiting Channel Awesome for updates they just subscribed the kahntent creator's channels they liked and ceased to use Channel Awesome as a hub. Why go to a website to see if a person has uploaded a video when YouTube will tell me when they uploaded a video. There is no incentive in taking the time to go to an author's personal website, ever.
Yes, normally that would be the case, but if your video becomes flagged and cannot be found by normal means like Youtube is apparently doing right now, wouldn't that be a way to keep using Youtube while keeping your content "visible" to your audience?